Summer transfer window 2018
(07-28-2018, 08:29 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: On Bonucci potentially going for money only, I'd say f' it and maintain the Caldara swap, regardless of Chelsea. I couldn't care less about Bonucci's will, we do what serves us.

Sure we should do what serves us best, the question is what that is. Say that Chelsea buy Caldara and Higuain, and we insist that Juventus cannot have Bonucci without Caldara, where does that leave us? We’d a have a publically unhappy captain (unless they give the armband to someone else) who we’d still have to pay an enormous salary to, and who we will keep at the club regardless to spite Juventus. 

Or we could take whatever we can get from Juventus in cash, invest that in a younger defender, and profit the €72M that we won’t have to pay Bonucci anymore. That money will go a long way in regards to UEFA and FFP. Personally I prefer to get rid of him and move on, whether or not we can get Caldara.
(07-28-2018, 08:30 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: The meeting between Higuain and Leonardo will be crucial. Milan and Juventus are optimistic about the positive outcome of this operation despite the inclusion of Chelsea [Sky]

Again, fingers crossed.
(07-28-2018, 08:36 PM)Nicolas Wrote: Or we could take whatever we can get from Juventus in cash, invest that in a younger defender, and profit the €72M that we won’t have to pay Bonucci anymore. That money will go a long way in regards to UEFA and FFP. Personally I prefer to get rid of him and move on, whether or not we can get Caldara.

Agreed.  Bonucci needs to go
I respectfully disagree. I do think that if he stays, he should be stripped of the captaincy armband, but he will honor his contract if he wants to get paid. We can of course try to sell him to PSG but keeping him may not be the worst thing.

Everyone thought that David De Gea was going back to Real Madrid. In the end, he stayed. I don't see a problem with that. There is something called professionalism; if that can be relied on, there is something else called contract. Big Grin

He is 31 only, and if he stays, from a sports perspective, it may not be a bad thing.
(07-28-2018, 09:23 PM)xudong Wrote: I respectfully disagree. I do think that if he stays, he should be stripped of the captaincy armband, but he will honor his contract if he wants to get paid. We can of course try to sell him to PSG but keeping him may not be the worst thing.

Everyone thought that David De Gea was going back to Real Madrid. In the end, he stayed. I don't see a problem with that. There is something called professionalism; if that can be relied on, there is something else called contract. Big Grin

He is 31 only, and if he stays, from a sports perspective, it may not be a bad thing.

No one is saying that Bonucci will be anything but a professional if he should have to stay here. That is not the point.

The point is that we cannot afford to keep him unless we forget all about signing a big name striker like Higuain, Morata or any of the other ones we have been linked to, as we simply cannot afford their wages on top of Bonucci’s.

I am pretty sure that it will indeed be a bad thing from a sports perspective if we keep a player at a club he wants to leave, and strip him of the armband as well. What effect do you think that will have on him and his team mates? He might well play as a professional, but you can forget about any will to go the extra mile, especially when he is no longer the captain.

So the question is simple; would you prefer to keep Bonucci, knowing that it probably means that we cannot sign a big name striker, which we need? Knowing that he wanted to leave in the first place, and accept that we are paying him €18M per year, all just to spite Juventus?
Btw, not sure if it was mentioned, but Pato's put out a "come and get me plea" to the club

https://www.football-italia.net/125464/p...nardo-coup

I get the impression he desperately wants to return, he's been pretty much saying it for the past year now.

(07-28-2018, 08:36 PM)Nicolas Wrote: Sure we should do what serves us best, the question is what that is. Say that Chelsea buy Caldara and Higuain, and we insist that Juventus cannot have Bonucci without Caldara, where does that leave us? We’d a have a publically unhappy captain (unless they give the armband to someone else) who we’d still have to pay an enormous salary to, and who we will keep at the club regardless to spite Juventus. 

Or we could take whatever we can get from Juventus in cash, invest that in a younger defender, and profit the €72M that we won’t have to pay Bonucci anymore. That money will go a long way in regards to UEFA and FFP. Personally I prefer to get rid of him and move on, whether or not we can get Caldara.

We have a professional player who has a contract to honour. Rino's been saying he's been training well so far in preseason and if rumours are true, he wanted away from November and December, meaning his best performances for Milan came when he didn't want to stay anyway. Simply put, I'm not worried if a deal can't be struck and he stays, I do think all things considered, we can expect him to play at his level as he has done till now.

(07-28-2018, 09:40 PM)Nicolas Wrote: No one is saying that Bonucci will be anything but a professional if he should have to stay here. That is not the point.

The point is that we cannot afford to keep him unless we forget all about signing a big name striker like Higuain, Morata or any of the other ones we have been linked to, as we simply cannot afford their wages on top of Bonucci’s. 

I am pretty sure that it will indeed be a bad thing from a sports perspective if we keep a player at a club he wants to leave, and strip him of the armband as well. What effect do you think that will have on him and his team mates? He might well play as a professional, but you can forget about any will to go the extra mile, especially when he is no longer the captain.

So the question is simple; would you prefer to keep Bonucci, knowing that it probably means that we cannot sign a big name striker, which we need? Knowing that he wanted to leave in the first place, and accept that we are paying him €18M per year, all just to spite Juventus?

Where did you come to this conclusion from? Until a week ago there weren't any rumours of Bonucci leaving and we were supposedly targeting a big name striker. We need to be financially careful, we all know that and Leonardo and Elliott have said as much, but precisely what that means in terms of the market is currently an unknown. I don't think we're in a position where we HAVE to sell Bonucci. Juve want him, but we hold the cards on him returning, let's not forget that.

I think we need to be firm. If Juve want him, they have the give up Caldara, we shouldn't make any concessions regarding that. If they really want him, they'll agree to our terms. What's bizarre is for some reason the zebra fans seem to think they have leverage because Bonucci wants to return. That's simply not true, we still own him and he has a contract to honour, if they want him and he wants to return, they have to be prepared to meet our demands. We have the final say in all of this.
https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/fr...iker-37322

If he goes.. i hope its atleast for the amount we paid to get him.. the money could go a long way for us in this mercato..
(07-28-2018, 09:40 PM)Nicolas Wrote: No one is saying that Bonucci will be anything but a professional if he should have to stay here. That is not the point.

I would do anything to spite Juventus for this drama.. they are the ones who wants Bonucci.. they want to sell Higuain.. if they do sell Rugani/Caldara and Higuain.. its also to spite us somewhat considering that they still do want a player of ours.. if that happens.. i would almost certainly prefer it if we insist on atleast 45m for Bonucci if they are to get 100m for their 2 players.. i would go for a piece of that pie as much as possible.. remember.. Juve desperately wants to win the CL after the Ronaldo signing.. with the experience Bonucci has, it goes a long way regardless of his form this year.. he is a better gamble than Caldara in that regards..

If not.. i would offer Bonucci to PSG for a 10m loan and 25m obligation the following year.. or Thiago Silva plus 5m minimum for Bonucci..
Bonucci's been talked about as one leaving due to his high wages
Milan are offering Higuain a four-year contract worth €7M/year, according to Gazzetta dello Sport