Summer mercato 2020
(05-27-2020, 05:57 AM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: Even if Dembele/Coutinho are available at cheap rates, Milan can't beat the competition from other big clubs due to lack of UCL and these player high salary demands.

Don't chase the Mirage.

Yep. Ultimately same deal goes with Gotze... Here... join us for 3.5m a season.
Meanwhile pretty much any EPL club... Here. join us for 5-6m a season
Here some interesting news

Milan starlet Tommaso Pobega attracting interest from Napoli.(source-Area Napoli)
Forza Diavolo ale!!!
(05-27-2020, 06:21 AM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: Here some interesting news

Milan starlet Tommaso Pobega attracting interest from Napoli.(source-Area Napoli)

No thanks!
Pobega is italian. Apparently we're only interested in young german and french players...
we are heading into udinese territory here, buying cheap south american, african and east europe player. and sell it for a profit, using our big name, if we can compete in the ucl with this kid, we can sell them big. they dont bother investing in young italian players imo.
As a team, just as a team nothing else, Milan will suffer or not the same as everybody else with this pandemic. Pretty sure this is true.
So what remains is planning and stability, which we always need. A, for example, 3 years period of buying cheap to build up a team is not wrong imo. Obviously it needs to be done well. Milan is still far from Udinese, even far from Ajax. We can end up being Ajax but I don't think Rangnick will lead us to Ajax cause I don't see Leipzig youth system and sell for profit to be the same as Ajax youth system sell for profit.
As it's been said before.....where is the proof that Leipzig buys cheap just to turn a profit later? I believe it's been established they've only done that with Keita, and who can blame them for turning a huge profit there while remaining competitive?
So to suggest that this will happen at Milan?...I don't understand where that notion comes from...

There is a difference between Udinese and RB Leipzig. Udinese is not an ambitious club. All they wanna do is be safe in mid-table and profit off the players sales. Leipzig on the other hand has an ambition of being a top club in their league (something they've achieved), all while doing it efficiently without burning through millions. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. The quicker we get to self-sufficiency, the better. I believe this Rangnick/Leipzig model can be a pathway to that.

In buying South American, African, Eastern European, Belgium, etc, etc, (you name it) instead of Italian...I don't see the problem. The key is quality. If I can get the same quality player from Belgium for 5mil, whereas in Italy it'll cost me 15mil...why the heck wouldd I buy the Italian? Ideally, the Italians would be better integrated, know the language, culture, league, etc....but at the end of the day, the game is so global these days that Italians might actually have a harder time integrating into a team in their own country (seeing as how many foreign players are there to begin with). Big Grin

I don't care about the nationality. As long as the player checks all other boxes, this is irrelevant to me.
The reason I mentioned Leipzig again is because they are not Bayern, some Milan fans still want Bayern. I would love to be Bayern type but it is not realistic and will get us into more trouble. Sure, kill FFP and bring a billionaire crazy owner but until that happens it is not ok to do, never mind realistic.
Milannews has an article saying Leverkusen's Paulinho has been offered to some Italian clubs, with Milan and Roma showing interest. Not sure what the price would be, but apparently they paid 30mil for him?
Anyone know him better? Why are they getting rid of him so soon after investing that much in him?
I haven't seen him much, so can't say I know much about him other than youtube videos and the fact that I've heard his name around the last year or so.
(05-27-2020, 06:22 PM)nefremo Wrote: Milannews has an article saying Leverkusen's Paulinho has been offered to some Italian clubs, with Milan and Roma showing interest. Not sure what the price would be, but apparently they paid 30mil for him?
Anyone know him better? Why are they getting rid of him so soon after investing that much in him?
I haven't seen him much, so can't say I know much about him other than youtube videos and the fact that I've heard his name around the last year or so.

He is decent but still does not deserve more than 15M for me.
Forza Diavolo ale!!!