Week 23: Milan - Inter February 21 15:00
Juve will win the scudetto this year. They are still the team to truly beat.

Inter was closed down by them and Juve even without a game plan just has more quality. I think we will qualify for CL in 3rd place behind JUVE winning again and MERDA second
(02-22-2021, 02:52 AM)ac.michael Wrote: Juve will win the scudetto this year. They are still the team to truly beat.

Inter was closed down by them and Juve even without a game plan just has more quality. I think we will qualify for CL in 3rd place behind JUVE winning again and MERDA second

Pretty sure I saw this and liked it on FB too  Devilol Devilol

Speaking about FB. It's getting worse and worse... The whole team was poor today and all the idiots can talk about is Romagnoli. They're so blinded by it that he's been blames for the first goal... 3 players that could have prevented that and Romagnoli isn't one of them.
Calabria could have spoken up and told someone to mark him. 
Kjaer could have paid attention to who was around him and marked him.
Tonali could have dropped back and marked him or alerted Kjaer to the fact he was there. 
None of those scenarios involve Romagnoli at all. 
On the counter attack goal... If I was Tonali I would have taken the guy out not pulled out like he did. But that sort of thing comes from experience.

I could sit there and say so much about the game but I'll say this.
Most had a poor game. Despite that Inter took the chances they had while we didn't. A different day and it could have been a different result.
I think having Kjaer and Roma instead of Tomori Kjaer/Roma was a mistake. His strength and speed would have saved us some headaches.
I think having Rebic on the left instead of Leao was also a mistake. With the way Hakimi plays, Leao could have used his speed to exploit the space behind him. 
Another game that showed we desperately need a top RW.
(02-22-2021, 02:59 AM)porcho Wrote: Pretty sure I saw this and liked it on FB too  Devilol Devilol

Speaking about FB. It's getting worse and worse... The whole team was poor today and all the idiots can talk about is Romagnoli. They're so blinded by it that he's been blames for the first goal... 3 players that could have prevented that and Romagnoli isn't one of them.
Calabria could have spoken up and told someone to mark him. 
Kjaer could have paid attention to who was around him and marked him.
Tonali could have dropped back and marked him or alerted Kjaer to the fact he was there. 

None of those scenarios involve Romagnoli at all. 
On the counter attack goal... If I was Tonali I would have taken the guy out not pulled out like he did. But that sort of thing comes from experience.

I could sit there and say so much about the game but I'll say this.
Most had a poor game. Despite that Inter took the chances they had while we didn't. A different day and it could have been a different result.
I think having Kjaer and Roma instead of Tomori Kjaer/Roma was a mistake. His strength and speed would have saved us some headaches.
I think having Rebic on the left instead of Leao was also a mistake. With the way Hakimi plays, Leao could have used his speed to exploit the space behind him. 
Another game that showed we desperately need a top RW.

I would put fault at Calabria. He could of done what you said and let someone know, or alternatively he could of at least pressured the situation himself. I think Martinez is in Kjaer's blindspot and not sure if Tonali could of covered that distance OK.

Rebic has had some injuries this season but has been so far off last season even when he plays. I think Leao should of started. Same with Tomori as been discussed. We have an option to buy him and the only way to see if he is truly worth the cost is to play him
You guys are talking about the moment we conceded the goal. But you have to rewind the situation 5 seconds. That is when it could all be avoided. Romagnoli gets turned by Lukaku. Gets beat very easily and is then completely out of position. This forced Kjaer to come out of his own position to cover Romagnoli's AND actually block a shot in the process. At this point Kjaer is already out of position which dragged Calabria more central.

Calabria should have recognized the situation that Lautaro is the most dangerous player at that moment and both CBs are out of position (this is Romagnoli's fault). So he should have picked up Lautaro and left Perisic free. You always mark the biggest danger when caught in those positions.

But again....rewind 5 seconds prior and you'll see that the root of the problem is Romagnoli. That's where everything starts.

On the 3rd goal....it's a counter. It's 1v1. It's difficult to defend a player running at you at full speed. 1v1 is Romagnoli's biggest weakness anyway. There were other issues prior to that. But of course people are going to be fed up with him. He got beat multiple times in multiple different ways. Strength. Positioning. 1v1. He deserves to be torn to pieces for his performance.

Also, to answer Reza's question from earlier....
Of course Conte would have benched Romagnoli by now. He had no problem benching Skriniar when out of form. No problem benching Godin and then getting rid of him. He benched Eriksen. He benched Vidal. Perisic. Etc. You name it. Everyone has to be held accountable. Captain or not. Romagnoli has cost us so many goals this season. Even his biggest supporters at this point have to be banging their head against the wall from frustration.
(02-22-2021, 05:20 AM)nefremo Wrote: You guys are talking about the moment we conceded the goal. But you have to rewind the situation 5 seconds. That is when it could all be avoided. Romagnoli gets turned by Lukaku. Gets beat very easily and is then completely out of position. This forced Kjaer to come out of his own position to cover Romagnoli's AND actually block a shot in the process. At this point Kjaer is already out of position which dragged Calabria more central.

Calabria should have recognized the situation that Lautaro is the most dangerous player at that moment and both CBs are out of position (this is Romagnoli's fault). So he should have picked up Lautaro and left Perisic free. You always mark the biggest danger when caught in those positions.

But again....rewind 5 seconds prior and you'll see that the root of the problem is Romagnoli. That's where everything starts.

On the 3rd goal....it's a counter. It's 1v1. It's difficult to defend a player running at you at full speed. 1v1 is Romagnoli's biggest weakness anyway. There were other issues prior to that. But of course people are going to be fed up with him. He got beat multiple times in multiple different ways. Strength. Positioning. 1v1. He deserves to be torn to pieces for his performance.

Look. I don't necessarily disagree but at what point so we add blame. 
Second goal... do we blame Rebic? Tonali? Romagnoli? 
Do you see what I mean. Mistakes will be made but you need to learn to deal with that as a team. 
As a defender myself, they're all partly to blame. despite all the Romagnoli stuff, that doesn't excuse Kjaer from losing where one of their two biggest threats are. Doesn't excuse Tonali for just standing there instead of lending a hand. 
Doesn't excuse Calabria for not saying anything when he's the one with the view of everything. Personally... He's the most to blame because he's in a position to be able to fix the "problem"
In that case, Donnarumma is also to blame. Had he anticipated the cross, he could have gotten a step up early and punched it out. He was also in a position to "fix the problem".

I don't disagree with you btw. I 100% understand what you are saying. We are a team and defend as a team. This is why you have supporting and covering defenders. This is why you move and defend as a team. Calabria is not blameless. Neither are Kjaer, Tonali and Donnarumma. Each of those players could have done better. That's not up for debate imo. But I'm not going to blame more the player that COULD have fixed the problem then the player that created it. Maybe if it happened once. But if we constantly need someone to fix Romagnoli's problems...then isn't it smarter to fix/change the root of the problem???
(02-22-2021, 05:55 AM)nefremo Wrote: In that case, Donnarumma is also to blame. Had he anticipated the cross, he could have gotten a step up early and punched it out. He was also in a position to "fix the problem".

I don't disagree with you btw. I 100% understand what you are saying. We are a team and defend as a team. This is why you have supporting and covering defenders. This is why you move and defend as a team. Calabria is not blameless. Neither are Kjaer, Tonali and Donnarumma. Each of those players could have done better. That's not up for debate imo. But I'm not going to blame more the player that COULD have fixed the problem then the player that created it. Maybe if it happened once. But if we constantly need someone to fix Romagnoli's problems...then isn't it smarter to fix/change the root of the problem???

You're expecting too much  Icon_lol2

For the record I think Tomori should have started instead of him but trying not to play favorites which is why i said only one of Roma/Kjaer. I'm just over the Romagnli bashing from the banana's on Facebook that think Hakan and Kessie can do no wrong.
I think we have bigger issues. I'm still not convinced by Kessie and Hakan.
Kessie at least has some hope, plays well when Hakan and Bennacer are playing well with him. 
But Hakan has very little redeeming qualities. His decision making is terrible.

I don't know. Maybe I'm expecting too much after the last few months but just seemed like the teams hearts not in it last few games
We've lost games because the other team was more hungry not because we lacked the quality
For the first goal, it was Romagnoli fault at first place. About the others, they just did not expect that Lukaku will deliver perfect cross to Lautari.

On the whole game, I do not blame tactics as much as mental preparation for the game. They just werent sharp enough from the start and after the cold shower after five minutes they needed entire halftime to get heads sorted. Recently games showed all the definciencies of a young team, they were the first in standings and probably were thinking that the rest games will be easy to win.
If they are smart enough, this match can be very useful for the future, they showed enormuous potential, now they must work hard on the mental part of game.
(02-22-2021, 06:23 AM)porcho Wrote:  
But Hakan has very little redeeming qualities. His decision making is terrible.

Hakan is one of the most frustrating players to watch. He is so inconsistent. It's also very hard to find a #10 at a top club that appears to be so clumsy on the ball half the time. He looked good for about 6 months after the lockdown. Then had a couple months where he was inconsistent (good games, bad games) and now he's back to his pre-covid crap form (bad game after bad game...where he'll do a few good things in the game but also a ton of terrible choices, passes, touches, etc).

I am glad the management has stood their ground firm on the renewal figures. In our situations, the figures requested by Hakan should only be paid to the consistent and the best performers. Imagine having L. Alberto and what this team would.look like with him. If only we could offer to him what we are offering to Hakan. He'd walk to Milano. (I know the transfer fee will be enormous though)
[Image: 152331563_3605505209546710_7872061545392...e=6057915A]

kessie, kjaer, calabria. donna

?????????????????????????????????????????????