Summer mercato 2021
Who cares about what Piatek says. I'm not too bothered with it. We always say we'll respect players so much more if they left for playing time rather then if the rode the bench just to collect a paycheck.
This is exactly what Piatek did. So, what's the problem guys?
(03-10-2021, 02:44 AM)nefremo Wrote: Who cares about what Piatek says. I'm not too bothered with it. We always say we'll respect players so much more if they left for playing time rather then if the rode the bench just to collect a paycheck.

I don't think there's much of a problem. I don't believe his version of events. I think the club realized it was the only opportunity to cash in on him so accepted the deal.

Plus. his current form shows we made the right choice and that he wasn't the player we thought he'd be. 
Much happier with Zlatan, even if he is old.

Read a rumor today we were after either on of Aguero or Gabriel Jesus.
Extremely high wages or an expensive player on high wages... That definitely fits what we've been trying to do.  Devilol Devilol Devilol
Piatek was a victim of his own success in a lot of ways. He was a nobody when Genoa signed him, and within half a season, he was one of the hottest young strikers in soccer. His head got too big at that point and it clearly impacted the way he approached the game. I don't think people should be mad at him for saying he didn't want to sit behind Ibra. Piatek was like 24 years old when Ibra signed, not 19. At that age, he didn't have time to sit on the bench to watch games. He had to get game time and deliver. As such, it was only natural that he wouldn't want to sit behind Ibra, who even Piatek knew he couldn't bench.
(03-10-2021, 02:44 AM)nefremo Wrote: Who cares about what Piatek says. I'm not too bothered with it. We always say we'll respect players so much more if they left for playing time rather then if the rode the bench just to collect a paycheck.

You are right, for us that shouldn't be a problem, because it was a good deal getting rid of him. But I am not going to give him credit, Big Grin because he was young and should have tried harder. He just gave right up. We are not talking about players nearing their end of their career, like Bonaventura, whom I still miss. 

Of course, I will confess that the main reason is that interview. He was arrogant enough to view us as a stepping stone, but stupid enough to not realize that he should not have said that out loud. I bet even Andrea Agnelli believe that we would be "glamorous" enough to not deserve that comment. Big Grin (couldn't resist Big Grin)
aka xudong
Brobbey went to Leipzig, again. That kid got some finishing and can come free, tho some agent fee to that man Raiola.
Railoa was never going to let a young striker go to a club where Ibra is. He knows how things are. Ibra plays, the young striker watches from the bench. This isn't good for Mino's business.
Don't ever believe a Raiola client goes anywhere for free. You know fat bastard got a payoff and probably made the team sign some of his other useless clients too.
@NicoSchira
#ACMilan and Hakan #Calhanoglu are in advanced talks to extend the contract (expires in June) until 2025. The last bid of #Rossoneri is €4M/year + add-ons. Last details, but they are confident to close the deal. 2 english clubs are interested, but Calha’s priority is still Milan.

His recent performances , this is the deal Calhanoglu should sign. I think this is fair for all.
Colombo just scored his first goal for Cremonese.

Also, I hear we should consider Frank Tsadjout a wildcard. His numbers aren't impressive but apparently he has done very well with Citadella. He holds the ball and links play well and is a reason Citadella are a chance to come up to Serie A.
(03-14-2021, 02:11 AM)Demonbanana Wrote: @NicoSchira
#ACMilan and Hakan #Calhanoglu are in advanced talks to extend the contract (expires in June) until 2025. The last bid of #Rossoneri is €4M/year + add-ons. Last details, but they are confident to close the deal. 2 english clubs are interested, but Calha’s priority is still Milan.

His recent performances , this is the deal Calhanoglu should sign. I think this is fair for all.

Based on his recent performances... he should sign for 2m... Even that is overspending.