Summer mercato 2021
(08-30-2021, 10:37 PM)slifersd Wrote: Messias would be a laughably bad choice. The guy literally goes against every single policy we have established as a team, over priced, old, not a high level talent and have no resume to speak of. If that's the direction we are going toward, why not just sign James? On his worst day, James is still a better player than Messias.

Well nobody can argue that James is not better. But the issue is clear to me.
Messias - loan + salary = 2M gross at most.
James - loan + salary = 10M gross AT BEST.
Messi-Ass at least once in a life time we will see Messi in a Milan Jersey
Atalanta signing Koopmeiners and apparently trying hard for Boga in these final hours. On the flip side, Milan signing a 30 yo Serie B stud! Big Grin
(08-30-2021, 11:00 PM)nefremo Wrote: Well nobody can argue that James is not better. But the issue is clear to me.
Messias - loan + salary = 2M gross at most.
James - loan + salary = 10M gross AT BEST.

You forgot to mention, Messias is also likely to be useless whereas James will actually perform and help us win some games. You can either invest 2M for a piece of trash or pay 10M for someone who can help you win, I think the choice there should be pretty clear. BTW, I seriously doubt Crotone gives us Messias for a free loan. He is 30 and has had one good season in his entire career. Crotone knows he has absolutely no value after this year so why would they give him away for free?
Maybe not. But i saw somewhere he makes like €250k. So in thay sense he's dirt cheap.

But let me be clear....I don't want Messias. I was just explaining why they are going for him, imo.

Having said that, I also don't want James. Not so sure he'll "help us win". He's been a washed out player for a while now. Not really remembering him helping Everton win. Or Real. Or Bayern. He's been collecting these fat paychecks on the back of a couple WCs. I don't wanna contribute to that
(08-30-2021, 11:41 PM)nefremo Wrote: Maybe not. But i saw somewhere he makes like €250k. So in thay sense he's dirt cheap.

But let me be clear....I don't want Messias. I was just explaining why they are going for him, imo.

Having said that, I also don't want James. Not so sure he'll "help us win". He's been a washed out player for a while now. Not really remembering him helping Everton win. Or Real. Or Bayern. He's been collecting these fat paychecks on the back of a couple WCs. I don't wanna contribute to that

James definitely isn't perfect, but he has some qualities still. I recall him doing pretty well at Everton at the beginning of last season, but got injured later on. Not perfect or even preferable at all, but at least better than Messias. I would be pretty pissed if we end up with Messias because we didn't want to pay 15m for Faivre. Wrong direction and classic case of panic buy
So as it stands:

Diaz and D.Maldini as AM
Saele and Casteilejo as RW

Maldini and Massara WTF have you been doing all summer???
Faivre to Milan is not entirely over. Brest turned down Milan’s latest offer of €12M (with bonus) and deemed it unsatisfactory but negotiations are not over. Milan will have to raise their bid by another €2M in order to find a solution by 8 PM today

[@Gazzetta_it]
Pastore is available. We should sign all players we wanted to sign 10 years ago
OcMilano 
Fab Romano confirm Faivre is off and Messias is signing on a loan with option deal. Pure garbage. Should've just gave Hakan that 1M and resigned him, at least he isn't some semi pro.