With regards to these two 'Primavera' signings, I'm happy we are doing that. Of course I'd rather sign first team players, but I'm sure that will happen in the summer. It's equally important to buy these players like Lazetic for 5m, who within a season or two could cost you 30. The combination of players like that + buying first team ready like Sanches keeps a steady & sustainable flow of talent in the squad, ensuring we never have the issue Juve is having right now.
Ibrahimovic wants to renew and continue for another year. If true, let's hope it's not at his current salary of €7m... He is not worth it anymore.
I see Giovani Lo Celso was mentioned here a couple of days ago. He seems set for a loan move to Villareal as they have beaten competition from Lyon.
I can't be the only one uncomfortable with this Isak rumors. Just not sold on him.
01-31-2022, 12:27 PM
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2022, 12:27 PM by Zio Fester.)
This morning’s edition of La Gazzetta dello Sport reports that Castillejo’s future is increasingly uncertain, as the winger seemed close to returning to Spain, but the deal with Valencia fell through as they are instead set to sign Bryan Gil on loan from Spurs.
Once again Castillejo did not find the desired accommodation, so now he is stuck at Milan until the end of the season given that he is not a part of the club’s plans nor those of head coach Stefano Pioli.
Not only that, but the 27-year-old’s failure to leave has essentially put an end to the chances of any further activity regarding incomings, because they were unable to free up funds and a spot in the squad to work with.
Elliot’s busy working on multibillion deal for Citrix. Milan’s winter mercato isn’t high on their priority list :-)
Anyhow, I’ve accepted the fact about the team’s aspirations and weren’t expecting significant investments. Maybe one big transfer will happen in the summer, with couple of Messias-like deals. It seems that management thinks we have more than enough power to stay in the top 4 with the current players.
Probably, we won’t change the approach until the new stadium is built.
Milan only doing groundwork for big summer moves.
And then "without forgetting that Champions League qualification is key"...