Summer Mercato 2022
Pobega extension until 2027.
(08-05-2022, 03:15 PM)Aficio Wrote: Let's think that 3.5M was moved to CDK transfer.

Feel better now, mate?  Icon_lol2

I didn't say I felt bad about it. Just reported what happened. No worries. Devilcool
Bayern blowing out Frankfurt 5-0 in the first half, can we get a discount on Ndicka after that? lol
(08-05-2022, 09:03 PM)slifersd1 Wrote: Bayern blowing out Frankfurt 5-0 in the first half, can we get a discount on Ndicka after that? lol

Ended 6-1 to Bayern.

Do we even want him after that? Just kidding, didn't watch the match. Shit happens.
We are apparently chasing Seko Fofana now.
(08-05-2022, 10:58 PM)Artan Wrote: We are apparently chasing Seko Fofana now.

I've always liked Fofana. From his Udinese days. I was surprised no bigger club stepped up when Udinese put him on the market. Nevertheless, from what I've read, he's done well at Lens. He's a 2 way player.  I'm not sure he can play as 1 of the two pivots in our system, but definitely gives the opportunity to switch to a 433/4321 and be 1 of the three in the middle.
I also like Fofana, but the price is high, and he is already at the top of his game = no potential value.

Jean Onana of Bordeaux - a relegated team or Florian Grillitsch - a free agent seem more likely. Onana has more potential but Grillitsch can also play CB.
What is the price they want for him? I haven't seen that piece of news

On him being at the top of his game and no potential return in the future (assuming it's what you meant)...I don't disagree, but we can't only sign players that will cost more later on and that way create value. We can also sign players at the top of their game now and use their qualities while they are here. If we don't make money on them later on, that's ok. We get the quality now.

If you meant that this is not a profile the management would go for because of those things....than yea, I can see that be the case.
Lens bought Seko Fofana for 8.5M with a contract until 2024, made him the vice-captain, had him play all 38 matches in the league last season.

Transfermarkt values him 25M, not a good source, but I think 20M is the logical demand from Lens.

We are not at the era of splashing money for the players at the highest price of their lives, like Lentini...

Thinking too much about ROI is not enjoyable, but I think we should be friend with it now Big Grin
(08-06-2022, 01:06 AM)nefremo Wrote: What is the price they want for him? I haven't seen that piece of news

On him being at the top of his game and no potential return in the future (assuming it's what you meant)...I don't disagree, but we can't only sign players that will cost more later on and that way create value. We can also sign players at the top of their game now and use their qualities while they are here. If we don't make money on them later on, that's ok. We get the quality now.

If you meant that this is not a profile the management would go for because of those things....than yea, I can see that be the case.

I read that PSG was scared off by the 35m asking price for him so I don't think he is going join us anytime soon.