Summer mercato 2024
Longo: Al-Shaabab have drawn up an offer worth around €14m for Yacine Adli, which Milan would gladly accept but the Frenchman is refusing and wants to stay with the Rossoneri. However Milan have now transfer listed Yacine Adli.
(07-29-2024, 12:38 AM)nefremo Wrote: Reports also of Emerson Royal being practically wrapped up as well. So we should see both Pavlovič and Royal official within the next day or two.

That effectively completes the defensive line. Although I'm not entirely sure what the plan for a "vice Theo" is. Maybe Jimenez? Also, it'll be interesting to see what happens with Thiaw and if we really end up selling him. Which would definitely mean that we'll need another CB.

I think Ibra sayied that Jimenez is the vice.
Do you know Emerson? I see that the Spurs fans are happy tonget rid of him....
Royal is bad player. Idk why we are behind him. Same as Calabria
Forza Diavolo ale!!!
(07-29-2024, 12:40 AM)Zio Fester Wrote: Longo: Al-Shaabab have drawn up an offer worth around €14m for Yacine Adli, which Milan would gladly accept but the Frenchman is refusing and wants to stay with the Rossoneri. However Milan have now transfer listed Yacine Adli.

He doesn't seem too interested to go there.

If you're 24 and have some sporting ambition, then you reject it.
I have mixed feelings about signing Emerson Royal. He seems to be trusted by Brazilian national team, but it hasn't worked out too well for him at Tottenham. That said, he's often been played out of position on the left for them. He probably can't take us to "the next level" unless there's a hidden talent there that fits Fonseca's style perfectly, I don't know as I haven't seen him play much.

From WhoScored:

Characteristics
Strengths: Passing, tackling
Weaknesses: Crossing, discipline
I think I've seen Tottenham play at most 5 times in the last 2-3 years (that includes the 2 CL games against us). No clue if Emerson Royal played in any of those games or not, which tells me he didn't do anything (positive or negative) in thise games for me to notice. Big Grin

Based on stats he seems like backup player there. Started 11 games last year splitting time between RB/LB and CB (in a back 3?). Played much more the year before (as a WB for aconte I think). Anyway, I don't expect this guy to come in an immediately bench anyone. But maybe we're looking at him because of his versatility and the fact he can cover both sides?

It's definitely odd to spend this kinda cash on him when we've shown to be a team that counts every penny.
(07-29-2024, 09:58 AM)nefremo Wrote: I think I've seen Tottenham play at most 5 times in the last 2-3 years (that includes the 2 CL games against us). No clue if Emerson Royal played in any of those games or not, which tells me he didn't do anything (positive or negative) in thise games for me to notice. Big Grin

Based on stats he seems like backup player there. Started 11 games last year splitting time between RB/LB and CB (in a back 3?). Played much more the year before (as a WB for aconte I think). Anyway, I don't expect this guy to come in an immediately bench anyone. But maybe we're looking at him because of his versatility and the fact he can cover both sides?

It's definitely odd to spend this kinda cash on him when we've shown to be a team that counts every penny.

Playing in PL and being a Brazilian international drives the price up. Even if he has played little his ratings say he's been significantly better at RB than when playing in other positions. So maybe we can cling on to the hope that if he's being used correctly then he's at least ok? And maybe Serie A suits him more than PL? Fingers crossed.

1 MotM award in those few matches last season. Sagrin
Emerson Royal is terrible, Spurs fans are laughing at getting good money for their fodder. Paying 15m+ for a Tottenham back up is madness yet barely get 3m for your own reserve players.

Welcome the new FBT/Dest. Grazie Presidente  vomit
Why not keep the 15 million and ad that to the fofana bid?
(07-29-2024, 12:38 AM)nefremo Wrote: Reports also of Emerson Royal being practically wrapped up as well. So we should see both Pavlovič and Royal official within the next day or two.

That effectively completes the defensive line. Although I'm not entirely sure what the plan for a "vice Theo" is. Maybe Jimenez? Also, it'll be interesting to see what happens with Thiaw and if we really end up selling him. Which would definitely mean that we'll need another CB.

Looks like the Thiaw deal with Newcastle is on. €41m. So then yes, we will need another CB in addition to Pavlovic.