Telelombardia director Fabio Ravezzani also explained to MilanNews.it that this issue has been brewing for a while at San Siro.
“Leao notoriously does not have football as his priority in life. Theo wanted to leave and has a turbulent past. There are no real club icons left, most of the players arrived at most 2-3 years ago.
“If a team has few leaders and a coach who the fans don’t have much faith in, then it becomes difficult.”
“The biggest mistake was not realising two players had reached the end of the road at Milan. Neither of them can continue to give what they’ve given this team in the past. It can only get worse, so they should’ve been sold.”
Ravezzani was also very critical of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who has a still not exactly defined role as ‘advisor’ to Milan President Gerry Cardinale, but was absent at the Olimpico last night because he is on vacation.
“Ibrahimovic proved he is not a director. He is a great director of himself, he knows how to play the media, but it is paradoxical to get rid of Paolo Maldini to bring in Ibra, who after Cristiano Ronaldo is the man with the biggest ego in football.
“If he is the sole man in charge and then goes on vacation, posting selfies on social media, he certainly isn’t giving the impression of being a director. I fear the problem at Milan is not the coach, but the directors.”
I think Ravezzani is right.
And we need to go for Rabiot and stop with this RLC at CAM.
The same pundits that now criticize Theo and Leao would have gone mad if we sold them a month ago.
So Terracciano and Chuk are ok, Theo and Leao are not. I see where this is going...
If a new coach can bench Theo and Leao already, a manager can tell them that you can't ask a raise two years inside a four years contract. Being a star doesn't create an exception to this. And I would stop with 'Theo came to Milan cause of Maldini'*, come for Milan or stay away. I am sorry if this sounds 'harsh' or may be even naive but may be it needs to be.
*I am not talking about fans, I am talking about players thinking that way.
I feel like Theo and Leao are fine. They are just seeing what the rest of us are. Our owner and directors have no clue what they are doing. The team has definitely become worse. The stars have 0 respect for Fonseca and it’s understandable. He’s not a winner. We all hoped for a top manager and got Giampaolo 2.0.