Summer mercato 2012
(03-29-2012, 07:38 AM)WCmilan Wrote: although i hate the fact that we don't spend, i believe if a player has proven his quality in a good league before quality is always there.. thats why im never really so negative about our low key transfers, we saw this through our own such as huntelaar, although he barely got the chance to show his quality it was still there, now at schalke he's really showing it.. id love to think the same as torres, since he's not all as bad a dip in form like ederson, once supposed to be a starter on the brazilian NT now playing for lyon and not getting a cemented starting role, thats a gamble but a free one at that.. torres would be costly, who knows how he would preform in italy, for counter attacks no doubt he'd be good but still..
as far as robinho, i love the guy but i don't think he'll stay past next season, santos is interested and we're interested in ganso.. i see something happening there imo..
BTW, eriksen according to tuttomercato and milannews has said italy and especially milan is his number one destination.. i would be all for signing the kid, but do we really need another CAM? I'd understand one whos in his prime and can play at CF or cam or even one of our striker roles such as tevez, but we already have someone like eriksen in el shaarawy, although less creative posseses the same type aspects and is versatile in the fact that he can play both striker roles (LF,RF) and cam.. plus boateng, emmanuelson binho and cassano as well..

im 100% for keeping pato, he's only 21 years old he's so young he has so many years to overcome his injury problems and improve.. even a slight improvement from how he preforms now when hes on form is good enough for me.. however, injury prone players that rely a lot on their pace is a big worry to me (robben,pato, joe cole,bale) when people like that get injured big injuries tend to slow them down, not always but sometimes.. especially in their prime a big injury will do that.. i would love robben, but for the fact that he gets injured frequently i wouldn't take the gamble as it would be a high wage and most likely a pretty big transfer fee.. i wouldn't want pato out for VP either because id prefer to have a young talent over a great player in his prime any day, we have enough players in their prime ibra,binho,cassano all have 2-4 years and you'll see a huge decline no doubt.. unless we sell some of them and generate some $$$ or have some money already to replace them id seriously consider selling some of them in a year or two time

dont worry about pato, his injuries may be all because of the pitch quality....let galli lay the synthetic one next year. pato will do wonders....

(03-29-2012, 06:59 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote:
(03-29-2012, 04:45 AM)k7r Wrote: this is the millionth time i am saying - ROBINHO IS NOT FOR MILAN STARTING ELEVEN !!!!! Sell him !!!!! He is only suitable for playing against smaller serie-a sides where Milan has clear domination-so that Robiho can do his "practice sessions" !!!!!!!

SELL ROBINHO!!!!! KEEP PATO!!!!!!! GET VAN PERSIE!!!!!!!

How is he not for our starting eleven just because of it? We played 70% of our own games versus small teams.

i think you answered you question yourself......but let me rephrase my comments like below:

1.Robinho (with Ibra)------ can win games against parma/atalanta/chievo/bologna............
2.Robinho (without Ibra)--------Milan will even struggle agaist the so-called minows of serie-a
3.Robinho (with or without Ibra) --------is useless for champions league, barring some exceptions (home game against arsenal for instance, where milan as a team were playing like in the practice sessions.......)
Robinho is someone who is really good at playing off movement and slot in space here and there. He is never a player who dribbles pass countless defenders and shoots at goal, although he is a very good dribbler. His finishing touch is also not the greatest. Having said all that, you really can't blame him for a bad performance last night b/c as I said he is someone who is great at playing off movement. There was very little movement last night and it is no wonders he struggles.
Put it this way, there are no more than 3 teams currently that could make Milan play on their back foot like last night. Is it really wise to sell someone as talented as Robinho b/c he does not fit into the MIlan system when Milan play against those 3 teams. While Robinho is usually effective and even great.

Some of you are suggesting Tevez, Pato, Torres, Robben and even Van Persie.

Tevez basically is an improve version of Robinho due to his finishing, but he never played against Barca or Spain. Thus can't really judge how he would have done when play against them.

Pato did score a goal last time against Barca, but what else had he done after that? On top of that, Barca was playing with Sergio and Mascherano as CB with no Pique and Pugol in the back. Could he still score last night? Nobody knows.

Torres have not score against a top quality opponent since a few yrs back. I doubt he would have just woke up from his slump and dominate last night if he plays for Milan.

Robben missed two 1 on 1 chance against the Spain in the WC final, the biggest stage in Football. Thus, he might miss the same chance against Barca too.

Van Persie was invisible in the same final.

Point I am trying to make is that, it is very easy to assume so and so could have done a lot more.....but nobody knows.
Well,robinho's problem is that elite defence can easily take his game out,but no team can take robben or torres's game out.
May god with chinese footbball
First of all, I don't think Barca was an elite defence. Rather Milan was just not pushing forward like they did against Roma.

You cannot say that, b/c as I explained they are different types of players.

Robinho is someone who excels at other players movement.
Robben is someone who can dribble pass pretty much any defenders
While Torres of old was a great 1 on 1 player and all he needed was a long ball and isolation. However, he struggled alomost all the time playing for Spain due to playing like Barca.
Torres atm isn't much of an upgrade actually isn't an upgrade at all , his goals and assists are a lot less than Binho for 2 or 3 seasons now , he isn't that fantastic and may never be , as said he was never as good for Spain as that 1 and 1/2 great season he had with Liverpool...

What we need no doubt we won't get , just and example say Allegri says I'd like Kolarov , Hernanes , Asamoah , Jovetic he'll get a free LB Monty Free mid free forward , maybe Natali , Ederson , Monty and sign Maxi.
Berlu talks big will say we need to be better we are the best, we must hold possession better and go to the euro store to buy players it's frustrating but its waht will happen , all I see is for this mercato is Flamini extended on reduced wages , and extensions for Rino Ambro Seedorf V.Bommel Nesta Yepes..Zambro Pippo leaving and Pato sold Maxi Muntari made permanent and Monty signing.
It will be ultimate dissapointment
(03-29-2012, 10:38 AM)Jay Crisp Wrote: Torres atm isn't much of an upgrade actually isn't an upgrade at all , his goals and assists are a lot less than Binho for 2 or 3 seasons now , he isn't that fantastic and may never be , as said he was never as good for Spain as that 1 and 1/2 great season he had with Liverpool...

What we need no doubt we won't get , just and example say Allegri says I'd like Kolarov , Hernanes , Asamoah , Jovetic he'll get a free LB Monty Free mid free forward , maybe Natali , Ederson , Monty and sign Maxi.
Berlu talks big will say we need to be better we are the best, we must hold possession better and go to the euro store to buy players it's frustrating but its waht will happen , all I see is for this mercato is Flamini extended on reduced wages , and extensions for Rino Ambro Seedorf V.Bommel Nesta Yepes..Zambro Pippo leaving and Pato sold Maxi Muntari made permanent and Monty signing.
It will be ultimate dissapointment

Well, let's wait some weeks ... Berlusconi will become our president again before the next mercato. Will our strategy change ? I don't know, it could be worse (buying star players who are not needed if Berlu decides to invest again) or it could just be the same (Galliani deciding of everything) ...

The best would be to let Galliani do his work, but with some more money given by Berlusconi (not that much, I think Galliani can make us proud with 25-30M). But I don't know if it can happen with Berlusconi ...
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(03-29-2012, 09:59 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: First of all, I don't think Barca was an elite defence. Rather Milan was just not pushing forward like they did against Roma.

You cannot say that, b/c as I explained they are different types of players.

Robinho is someone who excels at other players movement.
Robben is someone who can dribble pass pretty much any defenders
While Torres of old was a great 1 on 1 player and all he needed was a long ball and isolation. However, he struggled alomost all the time playing for Spain due to playing like Barca.

That's exactly what we expect from him against barca,cause strikers won't get much help obviously in most cases.

May god with chinese footbball
Before expecting any new striker (what ?! Again strikers ?!), we should wait to see what will happen to our current strikers !!
What about Pato ? A last chance ?
What about Cassano ? Will he be able to play again like he used to do ?
What about Maxi Lopez ? Will he be kept ?
We have 3 players who cause questions, we have 3 other players who should stay (Ibra, Robinho, El Sharaawy) ...

There isn't so much room for a new striker actually ... Even if one of them leaves, I hope he won't be replaced unless we really get a new star.
Rumours are about Genoa helping us again to buy some player ... It looks like it could be Astori.

I don't understand why Preciozi does that ... His team almost gets no profit from these deals (they don't get a lot of money, they even lose some I think, and we never gave them amazing players, or players able to help them right after being sent in Genoa).
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
btw this is the first time that i pray that messi gets injured in the frst 5 minutes.....playing in camp nou barca will be different from what we saw yesterday
(03-29-2012, 10:57 AM)GeoTav Wrote: The best would be to let Galliani do his work, but with some more money given by Berlusconi (not that much, I think Galliani can make us proud with 25-30M).

I agree with this Okmilan