(05-01-2012, 11:30 AM)tom-tom Wrote: Lots of news: MvB to PSV looks to be a done deal. Plenty of reports saying that Milan will part way with Mexes, I'm honestly surprised. He is NO Nesta but I rate him above Bonera. Ibra said no to Real Madrid, he's happy at Milan. Zambrotta, Seedorf, Pippo, Nesta and MvB seem set on leaving Milan. Flamini and Yepes are 50-50. Ambro and Gatusso staying.
tbh, I'm not sure I really rate Mexes higher than Bonera when I really think about it. Technically, he's probably not much better nor worse than Bonera. Neither are all that impressive, Mexes is better at passing imo.
Physically, again he's not that impressive. Both are relatively slow, Mexes is actually terribly slow (especially acceleration) although physically stronger. In the air Mexes should be better given his height and strength advantage, but his judgement at times is atrocious meaning he misses easy headers. Bonera's not particularly outstanding in the air, but doesn't make these mistakes.
Both are error prone too, making silly technical errors that cause nightmares for the rest of the side and until this season I thought this is where Bonera was worse, though now both seem pretty dire in this aspect.
Where Mexes is awful though is tactically, which Bonera isn't all that bad. Bonera generally stays in position even if he can't handle much responsibility. Mexes has greater personality, but is always getting caught out positionally, especially when we play a high line, where he simply goes so high he has no chance of recovering (e.g. both Fiorentina goals in the recent match).
If it was my decision, I'd only keep one of the two this summer. Neither of them excel to warrant a starting spot in the side, so it's a decision of who's the most useful squad player. I think given his versatility, Bonera might be better in this respect, though tbh, that doesn't mean much as I see them being 3rd or 4th choice players in our squad.
If it was my decision, I would sell both players, bc Mexes and Bonera are really bad, I mean I think any CB Milan played against the past few games are all better than Them.
05-01-2012, 03:49 PM
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012, 03:49 PM by ElMago99.)
(05-01-2012, 08:32 AM)GeoTav Wrote: Mate, all players play for money, of course, everyone in this world works for money (or almost). Period.
Like some replied you, Flamini won't get a new 5M contract, nor a new 4M contract, our management will probably offer him a 2-3M contract. He will surely refuse, unless he changed his mind during the last few years ...
This guy was revealed thanks to Marseille, he decided to leave them in a weird way and refused any new contract to be free to sign anywhere ... Marseille could have offered him a new contract and sell him then to get some money from him, he refused............
Flamini is just a guy who runs a lot, makes a lot of fouls, but he is often injured and gets too many cards ... Nothing amazing.
I think we're all exaggerating Flamini's situation and putting it in a bad light. When players want out of their contract early, EVERYONE says the player is beyond obnoxious and disrespectful to his club. Flamini always plays his contract out and suddenly he's money-hungry. Truth is, it's much easier to decide where you want to go when it's only YOU making the choice, and not the club. Furthermore, it's TRANSFER FEES that have put everyone into debt and created the new FFP rules and all of this debt.
As for the Bold part, I agree. He's not a good player. He looked good in Arsenal with all creator's around him, but he's been just a dirty player in Milan with no shooting or passing abilities. I want him out.
Quote: tom-tom Wrote:
Lots of news: MvB to PSV looks to be a done deal. Plenty of reports saying that Milan will part way with Mexes, I'm honestly surprised. He is NO Nesta but I rate him above Bonera. Ibra said no to Real Madrid, he's happy at Milan. Zambrotta, Seedorf, Pippo, Nesta and MvB seem set on leaving Milan. Flamini and Yepes are 50-50. Ambro and Gatusso staying.
Why would Mexes leave?? He's been good apart from 1 bad decision against Barcelona. The first 10 performances were very good IMO. He's a good CB to rotate amongst 3. I would use TS, Nesta, and Mexes 1 more year. Why would we allow Nesta to go too? If we lose Mexes, Yepes, & Nesta, what will we have for next year?? Bonera & TS? We will need to buy another CB, and where do you see a Top CB available who is FREE? Because we don't buy players.
If MvB wants out, there's nothing we can do. However, letting all these players ago is interesting. Our Cheap management won't spend 60-70M which is needed for a new squad. I wouldn't be surprised if we're worse next year....
Mexes lost Milan 3 pts due to his mistakes in the fiorentina game. He is crap and if Milan can sell him for 8 mil, Milan should do so and use that 8 mil and get someone better. Trust me, there are a lot of defenders in Serie A who cost less than 8 mil and still better than Mexes.
(05-01-2012, 04:03 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Mexes lost Milan 3 pts due to his mistakes in the fiorentina game. He is crap and if Milan can sell him for 8 mil, Milan should do so and use that 8 mil and get someone better. Trust me, there are a lot of defenders in Serie A who cost less than 8 mil and still better than Mexes.
I had pretty high expectations about Mexes. A friend of mine, who's been following Serie A a lot longer than me, told me Mexes was a real "catch" when ACM got him as a free agent. Mexes apparently played well together with Juan in Roma(?).
But after seeing his sloppiness and his mistakes during this season I'm not a bit surprised if the rumours about management wanting to get rid off him this summer are true. Actually it's kind of sad. He's one of the few "big name" signings we've made lately.
AC Milan, forever in our hearts!
05-01-2012, 05:07 PM
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012, 05:09 PM by tom-tom.)
(05-01-2012, 03:07 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: (05-01-2012, 11:30 AM)tom-tom Wrote: Lots of news: MvB to PSV looks to be a done deal. Plenty of reports saying that Milan will part way with Mexes, I'm honestly surprised. He is NO Nesta but I rate him above Bonera. Ibra said no to Real Madrid, he's happy at Milan. Zambrotta, Seedorf, Pippo, Nesta and MvB seem set on leaving Milan. Flamini and Yepes are 50-50. Ambro and Gatusso staying.
tbh, I'm not sure I really rate Mexes higher than Bonera when I really think about it. Technically, he's probably not much better nor worse than Bonera. Neither are all that impressive, Mexes is better at passing imo.
Physically, again he's not that impressive. Both are relatively slow, Mexes is actually terribly slow (especially acceleration) although physically stronger. In the air Mexes should be better given his height and strength advantage, but his judgement at times is atrocious meaning he misses easy headers. Bonera's not particularly outstanding in the air, but doesn't make these mistakes.
Both are error prone too, making silly technical errors that cause nightmares for the rest of the side and until this season I thought this is where Bonera was worse, though now both seem pretty dire in this aspect.
Where Mexes is awful though is tactically, which Bonera isn't all that bad. Bonera generally stays in position even if he can't handle much responsibility. Mexes has greater personality, but is always getting caught out positionally, especially when we play a high line, where he simply goes so high he has no chance of recovering (e.g. both Fiorentina goals in the recent match).
If it was my decision, I'd only keep one of the two this summer. Neither of them excel to warrant a starting spot in the side, so it's a decision of who's the most useful squad player. I think given his versatility, Bonera might be better in this respect, though tbh, that doesn't mean much as I see them being 3rd or 4th choice players in our squad.
I gotta say I was expecting more from the frenchman, he came to replace Nesta but Nesta, even at his advanced age, looked better than Mexes. If a good offer comes (say, from PSG) Milan should cash in, his wages are way high. Mexes is definitely replaceable. Mistakes happen (even T. Silva gifted a goal to Arsenal) but Mexes messed up royally in 2 crucial games, Vs Barca and then Fiorentina. Mvb on the other hand, he's gonna be missed and I dont think is gonna be a simple task to find a suitable replacement, perhaps Keita. Allegri used Muntari on that central position a couple of times, maybe he'll have to do with Nocerino and Monty supporting him on both sides.
We'll see.
(05-01-2012, 08:12 AM)Jay Crisp Wrote: Ibra will stay ...Silva on the other hand is likely to leave if Milan receive a huge offer , but I think this is up to him and of he see's no real investment in areas like LB DM CAM then he'll likely think whoa , not getting younger not going to win here.
He'll toe the club line of I want to captain milsn and win , but he wasn't a Milan supporter and that makes it easier to leave .
Ibra is Milan practically anyway ATM and at Madrid City Whoever he would not be the only focal point so I think he'll stick around .As soon as June comes around we will be full of hope for quality , but it does look again like quantity over quality . I don't think so.
I think Silva will leave next summer.
I don't think we have any interest in selling him.
You're second line is still a worry Hassan , but I have my health and life is okay ..I'll try not let this give me ulsers .
Apparently after the game against Barca there was an incedent between Allegri and Mexes. The latter was blamed for elimination from CL and afterward was dropped from the squad. Galliani supports Allegri's decisions regarding Mexes and is already looking for a new club the frenchmen.
http://www.rmcsport.fr/editorial/251...lus-sur-mexes/
05-01-2012, 09:37 PM
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012, 09:40 PM by Kastriot.)
Don`t you think you are being to hard on Mexes. Even a costly one a mistake is a mistak, its human to make mistakes...he has been very solid for us this season...and it is not like we can afford to lose him???? i would keep him with both hands. With arsenal away game and barca home he was immense. Sorry DEV i really don`t agree with you putting Bonera and Mexes in the same line, to me its not even comparable how much better is Mexes to Bonera..
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
|