Summer mercato 2012
btw, Van Bommel back as a coach/manager is something i am already drooling about....one of the smartest and best tactical players I've seen
(05-13-2012, 08:33 PM)arcticengineer Wrote:
(05-13-2012, 05:55 PM)tom-tom Wrote: What a finish indeed for Manchester City, that was better than Hollywood. New Champions in Italy, Spain and England, Borussia Dortmund are the only team that held on to their crown for a second consecutive year.
Galliani is still trying to convince some of the old guards to stay. This is an attitude I dont agree with, if a veteran such as Nesta can still perform then by all means, let's try and keep that player. But don't try to convince people to stay when they are way over the hill, way past their primes just to keep the past alive. Zambro, Gattuso, Seedorf, Pippo are done, they had their time, it was great, won plenty of trophies but time has caught up with them. Time to move on Galliani, face the present. How is it logical to try and keep Gattuso, Zambrota, Pippo while at the same time you sell players like Kaka and almost pato?

I'll tell you why. Because you can't lose one third(?) of the 1st team players in one go without it having some (negative) impact on the club/team. Who says Seedorf's gonna play more than...what, 5-10 games perhaps? Seedorf and Ambrosini can act as role models for younger players and so on.

1st team players? except for Nesta and MvB, NONE of those guys are first team players. They WERE, once upon a time, first team players. If Seedorf remains I really hope Galliani won't say something like "we don't need another attacking midfielder cause we have Seedorf, a great champion". Seedorf a role model? Maldini was a role model, Baresi was a role model, Ambro is a role model, not Seedorf.
(05-14-2012, 01:26 AM)tom-tom Wrote:
(05-13-2012, 08:33 PM)arcticengineer Wrote: I'll tell you why. Because you can't lose one third(?) of the 1st team players in one go without it having some (negative) impact on the club/team. Who says Seedorf's gonna play more than...what, 5-10 games perhaps? Seedorf and Ambrosini can act as role models for younger players and so on.

1st team players? except for Nesta and MvB, NONE of those guys are first team players. They WERE, once upon a time, first team players. If Seedorf remains I really hope Galliani won't say something like "we don't need another attacking midfielder cause we have Seedorf, a great champion". Seedorf a role model? Maldini was a role model, Baresi was a role model, Ambro is a role model, not Seedorf.

Seedorf is gone.
I LOVE MILAN
(05-13-2012, 10:10 PM)LebRN Wrote: btw, Van Bommel back as a coach/manager is something i am already drooling about....one of the smartest and best tactical players I've seen

I'd like that too, but if a slot opened up, I'd rather it be given to Maldini.

I don't understand why they haven't brought him back on board yet, even as an team ambassador, spokesman, or something. I wish I knew the reasons why Maldini hasn't been asked yet, does anyone know?

i dont think maldini is suitable becoming a head coach
mvb or seedorf is more suitable in that role imo
but as a coach maldini will do a good job
Just like Sampdoria, Villareal went from Champions League to relegation. It's a shame that Giuseppe Rossi is injured and will be sidelined for the next couple of months. Or, like what we did with Mexes, could it be now is opportune moment to snap him up?
per l'amaro e il dolce
(05-13-2012, 06:50 PM)xudong Wrote:
(05-13-2012, 06:43 PM)tom-tom Wrote: hehe, if Bayern loses the Champions League then you might be on to something logical there

If Bayern lost the CL final, they would have repeated something that Bayer Leverkusen did exactly ten years and nobody ever wished to repeat.

That was mainly the BALLACK factor. Although, Ballack is my fav player during the early 00s, he is also a curse player. His team will only finish SECOND in any International tournament.
I am against some of you for saying Milan needs some of the old guards back for stability.

First of all, beside Nesta and MVB, none of the players who are leaving is part of the regular squad/rotation.
Secondly, whats the point of holding on to someone like Slowdorf or Zambro if they can only play here and there. Would it make more sense to actually play De Scigilo and Merkel more.
Lastly, On paper and numbers, it does seem like MIlan is getting 1/3 of their squad away, but in reality, MIlan is just letting go most of the deadweights and with the already signed Toare and Monty, MIlan already has 24 players under contract. Thats more players than Barca and Real.
(05-14-2012, 02:54 AM)tardissun Wrote:
(05-13-2012, 10:10 PM)LebRN Wrote: btw, Van Bommel back as a coach/manager is something i am already drooling about....one of the smartest and best tactical players I've seen

I'd like that too, but if a slot opened up, I'd rather it be given to Maldini.

I don't understand why they haven't brought him back on board yet, even as an team ambassador, spokesman, or something. I wish I knew the reasons why Maldini hasn't been asked yet, does anyone know?

Here's an article from January 19 2012:

http://www.football-italia.net/node/14793
(05-14-2012, 08:29 AM)Arildonardo Wrote:
(05-14-2012, 02:54 AM)tardissun Wrote: I'd like that too, but if a slot opened up, I'd rather it be given to Maldini.

Here's an article from January 19 2012:

http://www.football-italia.net/node/14793

Interesting article. From my understanding, it seems he's insinuating that Galliani doesn't want to work with him. Maybe it's payback for Cap retiring back then instead of penning a new 24-year deal? Lol. Galliani just give the champion a role, would you?
Don Silvio, what is your aim???
Why does Hamsik bring this up now? Is he using it to get a better contract at Napoli or is he bringing it up because he wants to join us? There are rumours going on about Cavani to Man City and Lavezzi to Inter, how happy would Hamsik be to stay if that happens?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/201...ims-hamsik