Summer mercato 2012
Actually, the comparison can be done with many clubs ... Manchester United sold Ronaldo, Juventus sold Zidane, Barcelona sold Figo, Arsenal sold Henry ... All these clubs (or almost) lived before and after these players.

Where this comparison stops is the position of the important player we're going to sell ... None of these clubs sold their main defender when they had WC defenders. That's a big question wether it will have a big impact or not on our team even if we build a new midfield with that money.

Then, letting Thiago (and Ibra) leave will maybe allow some of our current players to improve by having more responsability ? Who knows ?
Maybe Pato is going to become the WC striker we all want and hope him to become ?
Maybe some leaders in our team will emerge ?

Let's try to see the positive part of this/these sale(s) even if it could also become a disaster. Right now, we don't know what will happen during the mercato nor during the next championship ... Juventus, with an excellent team but no real individuality (except Buffon and Pirlo, the others are good or very good, not WC, except Marchisio who could become a WC player in the coming years) managed to win that title by playing quite well, and they will surely do something good in CL next season. Why couldn't we have the same kind of team ? Yes, a team ...
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(06-12-2012, 08:50 AM)Revolver Wrote: We will never buy unless we sell, as simple as that. Unfortunately, we have became the club that must sell their best players.

If we are going to follow the good examples, like when Juve sold Zidane to buy Nedved, Thuram and Buffon, than I'm for it - sell T. Silva for 50M.

And please don't give that crap about captain and a leader. T. Silva is NOT a leader and never will be. He's a great defender, and a great player, indeed, but ne's not a leader. Baresi was a leader, Maldini was a leader, Gattuso was a leader, sincerly how many of you see any of those in T. Silva? I really don't see it. The leader should fire his team up when things are not right, and honestly I'm not even sure T. Silva can fire himself up in those situations let alone the whole team.

He is the leader to be. Just to be considered leader by the fans among this group of players in a team like Milan after only 2.5 years of playing is a proof enough.

If you need more practical proof. Just rewind the tape this season the day before we Tiago Silva was injured,and what positions were we? and what happened after that.

Revolver,dont underestimate a player just because of the lack of success of the entire team. Baresi was a leader with the best players in the world at the time. Malidni was a leader with you know what players. Tiagos time should come now, if the mgm properly invests.

One more thing. Ibra and we know what character he is ( the most egocentric player around), says if Thiago goes I will go too. That paints the picture of how important he is to the team.
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
We want Ogbonna to replace Thiago Silva. Problem is that Torino will now know that we are desperate for reinforcements and we have some money in our hands. They have valued Ogbonna at 20 million Euros. They could have said 5 million, and we wouldn't have bought him... He's got a contract until 2016 and after their promotion I would guess Torino is in no need to sell.

http://www.football-italia.net/19859/ogb...preference

Usually I'm quite optimistic, but I'm starting to be a bit worried for next season already. Acerbi, Rigoni, Aquilani in and our transfer window is closed... Undecided
(06-12-2012, 08:50 AM)Revolver Wrote: We will never buy unless we sell, as simple as that. Unfortunately, we have became the club that must sell their best players.

If we are going to follow the good examples, like when Juve sold Zidane to buy Nedved, Thuram and Buffon, than I'm for it - sell T. Silva for 50M.

And please don't give that crap about captain and a leader. T. Silva is NOT a leader and never will be. He's a great defender, and a great player, indeed, but ne's not a leader. Baresi was a leader, Maldini was a leader, Gattuso was a leader, sincerly how many of you see any of those in T. Silva? I really don't see it. The leader should fire his team up when things are not right, and honestly I'm not even sure T. Silva can fire himself up in those situations let alone the whole team.

Thanks for not overacting and being sensible about the situation, we argued before on the forums but I appreciate that relax state of mind regarding the whole situation not like ..... OMG WTF IF WE SELL SILVA WE'LL GET SENT TO SERIE B AHHHH !!!! just kidding
Guys, I think nothing will be done before tomorrow ...
Why ?

Al Maktoum will come tomorrow in Italy ... There must be something "true" in the fact he could give some money to Milan.
If he does, I think Thiago Silva will stay (with Berlusconi saying he blocked the transfer despite an incredible offer), and we will have a mercato with important players (that doesn't mean it will be a success).
If he doesn't, Thiago will be sold before the end of the week to PSG and we will take these 50M ... As well as maybe selling Ibrahimovic (City for example ?).

Braida said we won't sell Thiago Silva ... But can he be trusted ? I don't think so.

And if we sell him, the quotes of Galliani, just one week ago about "trying to resist to offers" will be quite funny (giving up after one week ... I hope for his wife that he can resist longer if a young and beautiful lady flirts with him).
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
TO Boban. You quoted 1 person and Elmago pretty much was being sarcastic more than anything in the other two posts.

To Revolver and Geo. Agree and disagree about even top clubs sell their players. Agree that top clubs do, heck, even Real does that all the time, I am sure the thought of Robben Vs Sneijder in CL final @ Santiago Benerau(cant spell) about 8 months after they sold them really hurts their ego. The thing is, top clubs release their Superstars mainly due to the following reasons: 1. That superstar is expendable, like Robben and Sneijder @ Real, or Figo @ Barca(due to Rivaldo), ZZ @ Juve(mainly due to Nedved, Thuram and Buffon). 2. The superstar wants out, Owen @ Pool, Ronaldo @ ManU, Sheva and Kaka @ Milan. 3. Relegation or missing CL.

I don't think Silva falls in any of the three. Like I said many times, I understood about the Sheva's sale, Kaka's sale made sense but Silva? If Berlu needs money to maintain the club, sell it to someone who can.
(06-12-2012, 10:19 AM)GeoTav Wrote: Guys, I think nothing will be done before tomorrow ...
Why ?

Al Maktoum will come tomorrow in Italy ... There must be something "true" in the fact he could give some money to Milan.
If he does, I think Thiago Silva will stay (with Berlusconi saying he blocked the transfer despite an incredible offer), and we will have a mercato with important players (that doesn't mean it will be a success).
If he doesn't, Thiago will be sold before the end of the week to PSG and we will take these 50M ... As well as maybe selling Ibrahimovic (City for example ?).

Braida said we won't sell Thiago Silva ... But can he be trusted ? I don't think so.

And if we sell him, the quotes of Galliani, just one week ago about "trying to resist to offers" will be quite funny (giving up after one week ... I hope for his wife that he can resist longer if a young and beautiful lady flirts with him).

I won't call Galli or Braida anything b/c we all know who is the mastermind behind this saga.
When Berlusconi took over the club 25 odd years ago, the goal of him and the new management was to make Milan the top team in the world. Irregardless of what happens, whether Thiago goes or stays, the management have turned their back on the very principles they had when they took over the club by entering negotiations with PSG.

Simply by entering negotiations for Silva they have compromised the club's position as an elite club in world football as other clubs know we have always have a price. Some might argue they did this with Sheva and Kaka, but with Sheva it was a personal request at a time of crisis and with Kaka there was the issue of his mammoth contract which his agent/father greedily constantly wanted improved. With Silva, his contract situation is fine and the player hasn't shown any desire to leave. However, should Thiago want this move, he's just as guilty as the management for this whole situation.

The club has shown the fans no respect either after declarations of Thiago is 99.9% to stay. This is shocking when the fans support this team better than any other, as shown by our attendances and merchandise sales despite teams like Juve having a bigger fanbase.

From a footballing perspective, just as our attack is built around Ibra, our defence is built around Thiago, his defensive abilities and his passing which is vital to our game. Selling him means reworking an integral aspect of our system as no other defender in the game can offer what he does.

Nor can our finances excuse this move, as the club has been mismanaged for years with shocking contracts handed out and needless purchases made. This year we've finally lost most of the wasted high wages and and if we really need to sell, then there are players expendable, like Robinho, Mexes or the many players we have out on loan who we know will never return to Milan. These sales together can bring in similar funds to selling our most valuable player.

Maldini said people within the club didn't want to see him return and it's clear to see why, as a month ago he said the club needs to keep Thiago and Ibra to compete for honours. Had he been in the club and this had happened, I'm sure he would create a fuss over the whole matter. Barbara had apparently requested
days ago that Ibra and Thiago kept this summer, but her words fell on deaf ears. This act is unfair to the other players who want to compete for honours, as we hear Mexes pleading for Thiago to say publicly during a major tournament.

This whole affair stinks as it goes against the very principles, pride and honour that made me a Milan fan many years ago.
Then why all of you suddenly believed it???????

If it is against our very principles, why everytime there are rumors about Silva leaving you believe it? Not thinking that all of those only media fabrications? Why are we so easy to believe this club has betraying its principles?

I said once and I'd say again: Silva will not leave this summer. Just watch.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
Well Said Dev.
Dude, maybe at the end of the day Silva is staying. But why are there rumors about him leaving and why do we tend to believe them.

Even the late 90s, when Milan was worse then the state they are in now, maybe not financially but in terms of team performance and players, that period was worse then now. We never hear about Maldini leaving or Maldini is 99.9% staying this summer. Or Weah is leaving.....
Maybe information 15 yrs ago was not as quick and as much as now, but when I read that over newspaper or internet, I just laughed right off b/c I know that could not happen. Something I can't say the same now. That had nothing to do with the coming of information age, rather it is the result of Berlu, Galli and Braida actions or lack of over the past years.
Someone asked me a few weeks ago, why do I get excited about rumors that pretty much won't happen, like Hernanes coming or Ronaldo signing(back when Berlu handed him the CL for ManU win, there were more than one rumor that Berlu wants to sign Ronaldo, I was one of the few here that got excited and believed it might happened). The answer is simple, I choose to believe what makes sense. The current Milan is really not far off from being a truly top side, and it makes sense that a few quality signings will ensure Milan to have great success. But to sell Silva is a huge step backward, even if that 50mil all get re-invested, as both Dev and myself pretty much pointed out Milan can get 50mil from sales of other players who are either useless or can be easily replace, like Robinho, Mexes, Taiwo, Mesbah, Urby and even Pato. I think just Robinho, Mexes and Taiwo should generate about 35mil, period. No need to sell Silva if the team wants to compete with the best.
Milan: We’re not selling Silva

http://www.football-italia.net/19870/mil...ling-silva