07-23-2012, 06:05 AM
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2012, 06:08 AM by xudong.)
(07-23-2012, 03:27 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: Don't know... maybe because I am supporting this club in a way that I always feel we could win against anyone?
We could, but sometimes we did not.
I used to think that way.
(07-23-2012, 03:38 AM)Nalx Wrote: Exactly the reason why I stopped betting on games involving Milan years ago 
I never bet. Can't take the heat.
(07-23-2012, 03:42 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: To be fair, I admit that I always bet against Milan. That way if we win, I consider the money I lost as a cost to see us win; and if we lose, at least I get some money for consolation 
Good strategy.
07-23-2012, 07:22 AM
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2012, 07:56 AM by WCmilan.)
http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=86381
According to this, Yanga mbiwa will be done deal very soon.. Regardless of what the owner whatever his name said he is pretty stupid actually, sell a player and get 6-10million euros for him (seeing as montpellier plans to stay as a top 5 team from now on) or let him go for free next summer? Doesn't make sense to me for him to come out and say something dumb like what he said saying we'd need to give all the money from silvas sale to buy mbiwa.. we have another zamparini over here.. milan can't even afford to buy briosce in the morning.. nocerino 500k, now worth 10mln. From a video on youtube i saw this guy looks pretty sick. very similar to silva like i mentioned before he can also play any position in the back, he has pace, strength and good going forward + good at the back from what i see very calm and composed on the ball.
And i don't know if these english men make up their own stories on goal because apparently the real interview only consisted of him saying he will not leave, period.
nowhere does he say or said that we'd have to give all the money from silvas sale to buy him, lol...
Im wondering if we're still interested in a LB.. It would be so great if we could finally have a LB that can cross.. antonini shoots for the stars, taiwo well i never saw him pass the midfield line to be completely honest.. de scgilio is promising but don't think he is ready.. apparently acerbi can play at LB, but after seeing how slow he is against inter yesterday i don't want that I think a top class LB needs to have pace about him antonini is plenty fast but cannot cross if his life depended on it, though against barca i thought i was seeing maldini for how good he played most the game
07-23-2012, 08:16 AM
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2012, 08:20 AM by Ryo.)
(07-23-2012, 07:22 AM)WCmilan Wrote: http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=86381
According to this, Yanga mbiwa will be done deal very soon.. Regardless of what the owner whatever his name said he is pretty stupid actually, sell a player and get 6-10million euros for him (seeing as montpellier plans to stay as a top 5 team from now on) or let him go for free next summer? Doesn't make sense to me for him to come out and say something dumb like what he said saying we'd need to give all the money from silvas sale to buy mbiwa.. we have another zamparini over here.. milan can't even afford to buy briosce in the morning.. nocerino 500k, now worth 10mln. From a video on youtube i saw this guy looks pretty sick. very similar to silva like i mentioned before he can also play any position in the back, he has pace, strength and good going forward + good at the back from what i see very calm and composed on the ball.
And i don't know if these english men make up their own stories on goal because apparently the real interview only consisted of him saying he will not leave, period.
nowhere does he say or said that we'd have to give all the money from silvas sale to buy him, lol...
Im wondering if we're still interested in a LB.. It would be so great if we could finally have a LB that can cross.. antonini shoots for the stars, taiwo well i never saw him pass the midfield line to be completely honest.. de scgilio is promising but don't think he is ready.. apparently acerbi can play at LB, but after seeing how slow he is against inter yesterday i don't want that I think a top class LB needs to have pace about him antonini is plenty fast but cannot cross if his life depended on it, though against barca i thought i was seeing maldini for how good he played most the game
We won't get him for under 10mil, heck we won't get him for under 20 if reports are to be believed. The thing about this transfer is we are talking about Montpellier's most important player, one who helped them win the league last season. Just like us and Thiago, they too are looking for adequate compensation for a player that is essential to them. They have to be sure that they can replace him with someone of similar quality whilst earning a profit as well. Cash is even tighter at those clubs than with us, which means that they will squeeze us for every penny.
That said, they also have the option of not selling him to us at all, to find a higher bidder and not deal with Milan, which some club owners might do.
As I said before, other clubs don't give a rats ass about the good of Milan, they will only look out for their own clubs.
I would probably say he would be sold for around 12-18mil, but Galliani will definitiely be reluctant to shell out 10.
We technically shot ourselves in the foot by not finding a replacement BEFORE we sold Silva off. The entire world knows we are in desperate need of a centreback, so any interest we have in any defenders will inflate their price immensely. They also know we have a pocket full of cash, regardless of how we want to hide it. Laws of Economics, demand and supply and incongruence of information and all that crap. Galliani f*cked up this time round.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunzÂ
(07-23-2012, 08:16 AM)Ryo Wrote: [quote='WCmilan' pid='35205' dateline='1343024521']
We won't get him for under 10mil, heck we won't get him for under 20 if reports are to be believed. The thing about this transfer is we are talking about Montpellier's most important player, one who helped them win the league last season. Just like us and Thiago, they too are looking for adequate compensation for a player that is essential to them. They have to be sure that they can replace him with someone of similar quality whilst earning a profit as well. Cash is even tighter at those clubs than with us, which means that they will squeeze us for every penny.
They sold their most important player already (Giroud) for quite low price too.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
(07-23-2012, 07:22 AM)WCmilan Wrote: http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=86381
According to this, Yanga mbiwa will be done deal very soon.. Regardless of what the owner whatever his name said he is pretty stupid actually, sell a player and get 6-10million euros for him (seeing as montpellier plans to stay as a top 5 team from now on) or let him go for free next summer? Doesn't make sense to me for him to come out and say something dumb like what he said saying we'd need to give all the money from silvas sale to buy mbiwa.. we have another zamparini over here.. milan can't even afford to buy briosce in the morning.. nocerino 500k, now worth 10mln. From a video on youtube i saw this guy looks pretty sick. very similar to silva like i mentioned before he can also play any position in the back, he has pace, strength and good going forward + good at the back from what i see very calm and composed on the ball.
And i don't know if these english men make up their own stories on goal because apparently the real interview only consisted of him saying he will not leave, period.
nowhere does he say or said that we'd have to give all the money from silvas sale to buy him, lol...
He said these things ... I read them on French websites ...
Litterally, he said Milan wanted to pay 6M for the player, but we would need to pay three times that price (18M ? Let's say 15M as a consequence !!), and it wouldn't be sure yet that he would sell him.
About them keeping a position in Top 5, they are like Udinese. Their scouts are quite good, for example, Tino Costa was excellent for them, he sold him 6.5M to Valencia, everyone thought it was a big mistake, and finally, Montpellier played even better then. Giroud was sold 12M to Arsenal (he had an option on his contract), but they already got a new striker, an unknown one.
Anyway, the defender was labelled as one of the best in Ligue 1 last season, if not the best, but he wasn't kept by Blanc for the Euro (he was called in the pre-list though, the player has two nationalities, Blanc wanted to make him know he will have a future with the French NT this way).
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
07-23-2012, 09:44 AM
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2012, 09:47 AM by LebRN.)
(07-23-2012, 09:09 AM)GeoTav Wrote: Anyway, the defender was labelled as one of the best in Ligue 1 last season, if not the best, but he wasn't kept by Blanc for the Euro (he was called in the pre-list though, the player has two nationalities, Blanc wanted to make him know he will have a future with the French NT this way). Unfortunately for Blanc nobody told him it wasn't going to be his problem anyway :p
And I agree with all that nefremo posted except that I'm totally with selling Robinho and getting a top forward (and obviously I don't mean Matri) and I can't see why we cannot sell Cassano and get Giuseppe Rossi instead
(07-23-2012, 08:34 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: They sold their most important player already (Giroud) for quite low price too.
Mate, they messed up with Giroud because they set the release clause in his contract too low. They probably didn't expect him to blossom until later, they aren't going make that same mistake again. Especially when the ones bidding looks like such a big cash cow.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunzÂ
(07-22-2012, 11:54 PM)GeoTav Wrote: Louis Nicollin isn't stupid, he knows his player isn't worth that amount of money, but he made his name on his relation with medias, always talking trash (including about his players sometimes) when he doesn't like something. If he says he won't sell, he won't.
His club doesn't need money, and they won the title surprisingly, it's a bit like if Sampdoria was to win Serie A in 2013/2014 ... Their goal for this season is to keep growing by being in Top 5 (which can be confusing as they are champions, but again, it was a big surprise).
I saw several people saying our reputation is ruined, etc ... because of the comments of Nicollin. Just try to read some of his comments over the last few years and you will understand this guy has no respect for other clubs (or at least, he doesn't show it that much) and tends to say what he thinks.
Anyway, I watched 20 minutes of the half against Inter yesterday, and if our best transfers were some Primavera players being used in first team during the season ? Some showed good level and they could be very useful.
El Sharaawy made me think about Pato ... I don't know if it's me, but I thought he had grown and was more muscular compared to 2 months ago !! That's weird, I remembered ELS being short and lightweight, and yesterday, he looked powerful. Just tell me if it is because I was tired or if anybody else thought the same thing ... 
Would you say he's like Zamparini Geo? I mean in the sense that they both make big statements to the press which makes them look difficult to deal with, but ultimately they will happily work out a deal if the money they want comes their way.
This leads me to a second point, if he is this way (like Zamparini) and he's prepared to sell Mbiwa, then 9-12m should be enough to get him imo. He generally seemed to be valued at around 8-9m prior to recent stories, while we've apparently offered 6m. We ALWAYS start off lower than market value when negotiating and the statements from Nicollin are ones usually made to boost the value of a player. Wanting 42m or 18m doesn't mean it'll happen, but it does get this transfer in the press, with alleged interest from Arsenal and Fenerbache to be wary of. Press awareness automatically drives his value up as done competition amongst buyers, meaning in theory it wouldn't be shocking if they were looking at trying to get around 15m for him. However, with him only having 1 year left on his contract, this does weaken their bargaining position and so I think we can look to secure him for around 10m.
I wanted to ask you Geo about your thoughts on Mbiwa. I know Blanc essentially rates him highly, but do you think he's a good signing for us? I've not really watched him, so can't say much.
(07-23-2012, 05:43 AM)nefremo Wrote: Call me crazy if you'd like, but I just don't think we should spend any money on a forward. We have 4 (Pato, ELS, Robinho, Cassano), and if we want a 5th one then just promote one from our youth sector. That's how you groom players for the next level. I agree that Pato is unreliable because of his injury situation and that Cassano can't last form more then 50 mins. I also agree that Robinho's finishing is terrible and that ELS is just starting his career. However, for some reason I still don't see our forwards as the problem. And if we want a more reliable forward (Teves....etc, whoever that may be), then we need to let go of one of the 4 that we already have.
What we need to invest in, is our midfield. That's clear (at least in my opinion) and obvious. After watching the TIM cup, (i know it's only a useless friendly at the beginning of preparations with a ton of players missing.....but still..) it is clearly evident that the problem that we've had in the midfield in the last few years is still there. And to be honest, I didn't expect that to be fixed with additions such as Traore and Constant. There is absolutely NO creativity in our midfield. Our midfielders aren't even comfortable to keep the ball under the smallest amount of pressure let alone being able to cope with the high pressing fast paced top European teams. I think if you put a "ball confident" and creative midfield behind ELS/Pato/Robinho/Cassano then the forwards will be fine. But ever since Ibra and Cassano....it seems like the club wants the forwards to do the creating and scoring while the midfield will do the running like headless chickens.
All of our midfield is the SAME exact players. Maybe they don't all play the same exact way....maybe some of them do certain things better then the other....however they are all the same type of players. Flamini, Traore, Ambrosini, Constant, Muntari, Nocerino. All the same players. We do NOT need 3 of them on the field. We need ONE of those players on the field. Where is the creativity? Where is the clever movement? Who will play the channels? Who will dribble around opponents to shift defenses and open spaces? There is none of that in our midfield. Boateng comes close to it.....but we need more. Montolivo is a great player I think, but he is not enough. We need a creator. A number 10. Someone that will make things happen from the midfield. And IMO, that's what we need to splash money on.
What is the point of bringing Traore here?? He may be a decent player. he may do his job very well in fact. However we already had plenty of players that can do the same exact job. I just don't get it. If we can't sign a player that will give us a real jump in quality, then why sign someone in the first place? So they can "steal" precious minutes from guys like Valoti/Carmona/Cristante? I would rather see them play and develop. They've shown that they have the talent and potential necessary to do well. We just need to show some trust in them, otherwise we'll never see our academy flourish. I really don't know why we give contracts to guys like Traore/Constant wen we have talented youngsters. Again, this isn't a knock on Traore/Constant as I think they are solid players, especially Constant (haven't seen enough of Traore although it's clear that he is not someone that will transform our midfield). However just solid is not enough. We need to show trust in our youngsters and develop them into "solid" players with the hope that some turn out much more then that....and in the mean time save the cash/wages for players that can take us to another level should they be available.
At the moment, we have 10 midfielders listed in the squad. 2 of them are long term injuries (Muntari, Strasser)....the other 8 are Ambrosini, Constant, Traore, Flamini, Nocerino, Emanuelson, Montolivo and Boateng.
With this midfield......you can bring me any forward (except for 3-4 in the world, we had one in our team) and they will struggle. Add to that the fact that our fullbacks are sh!t going forward (very important as we play with a formation that relies on its FB to provide width and participate in most attacks)....and I don't see how our forwards, or others for that matter, can be effective game in game out consistently throughout a season.
So if you ask me, we need midfielders. Midfielders that can boss the game with the ball in their feet. I would take care of that first before I even think of a forward. Then comes a LB (even though it sucks that we can't get rid of Taiwo and Mesbah), and then a CB (even though I think we should give Acerbi a chance).
I know I'm repeating many things that have already been said, but I felt like I needed to vent since I haven't posted in a while. But believe me, milanmania is the main screen on my phone and computer and I hit refresh at least 20 times a day to check on news. 
Forza Milan as always!!!!!
We'll be back as strong as ever!
edit: Also.....sorry for the long post! Just realized what I have done!! haha
lol, great to see you posting again nefremo.
About the forwards, I think you pretty much made clear why we need one top level forward. Pato's fitness questions, El Sharaawy's lack of experience, Cassano's fitness questions and Robinho's inability to finish. We don't have a single figure in attack who we can look to rely on for the duration of a year at the moment.
In midfield, I'm generally quite positive about our midfield. What we saw in the TIM trophy is probably nothing close to a true representative of how our midfield will look come September. I can understand the frustration about Traore, but until now I must admit he's done better than I had expected, while we've not yet seen Constant (don't forget, this guy was really impressive at Chievo not too long ago). We're still expecting Nocerino and Montolivo to come back, both of who combined will raise the quality of our midfield to another level to what we saw on Saturday. I agree we need creativity, which is why I think it's integral we look at possible registas (a guy like Sahin for example, although if possible Joao Moutinho is a player I'd love) on the market, rather than a traditional solid DM for in front of defence. However, you add these 3 guys as expected and you'll see a totally different face to the side.
This isn't accounting for guys like Boateng and Urby, who in their own way add creativity and stability through the side. As for youngsters, I wrote a post last Friday detailing why I think it's important to integrate youngsters into the first team squad, not just in addition to it. In this regard, I agree with you. we have guys like Traore and Flamini, but I don't see what they're offering that makes them integral, especially when we need to look to give guys like Valoti or Carmona room.
(07-21-2012, 03:33 AM)Warro Bantan Wrote: (07-19-2012, 04:12 AM)Warro Bantan Wrote: Stole this from a fellow MM member's fb page:
http://www.beyondthepitch.net/podcasts/e...n-insider/
Puts everything in perspective for me.
Read the FFP article, which was quite insightful..good points made throughout...that said, did anyone listen to the link in my post above? While patronizing in the extreme at times, I felt it was refreshing....feedback anyone?
I finally got a chance to listen to this today. I agree, it is a very patronising in the way they talk about so many Milan fans, as though if you are to understand what it means to support Milan then you need to have been supporting the club for more than 10-12 years.
Anyway, getting onto their points, yes the club are in a phase of rebuilding and restructuring. Everything they say, whether it be reading out the figures regarding the financial state of the club, or whether it be about investing in young talent has been discussed in depth on these boards, on the boards of other forums too. This isn't to say what they point out isn't true, just that it seems to be fairly common knowledge.
What I do take issue with is they constantly talk about rebuilding and spending again in a few years time, but then fail to give any reason how we're going about doing this. Italy's got massive problems, starting mainly with the issue of stadiums. They also argue things like Barca's wage bill is huge (as is Real's) and these clubs being in debt. It's also worth noting these clubs are making double than us. Most of their losses come from stupid purchases and overpaying on the market.
The other argument is are we actually going to remain competitive, as these guys seem to assume we'll maintain our spot. They went around Serie A and said everyone's rebuilding to some extent, but they failed to acknowledge we're rebuilding to a much greater extent to every other team in Serie A. If we're to get through these times, we need to at least maintain CL positions, which at this point is difficult with the balance within Serie A for these spots.
Finally, and this is a really small point they made but it's bothering me, but damn Allegri should get a little more respect. They talk about Guardiola coming in and being this great visionary for the club, but Allegri's done really well with a squad that's been cobbled together over the past couple of years. He's also been coaching on par with the best around Europe with a less impressive team. We shouldn't be looking to get through this phase with Allegri helping us through. Instead, for me, he should be entrusted to build on the footballing culture within the club, bringing direction to our future. He gets treated like some third rate coach (in the press and amongst fans) and it's totally uncalled for.
(07-23-2012, 03:27 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: (07-22-2012, 04:09 PM)Stitch Wrote: thats funny. we couldnt smash anyone in group stage with ibra and silva (with BATE and freaking Plzen in group), what makes you think we'll be able to do it to french champion without those two?
Don't know... maybe because I am supporting this club in a way that I always feel we could win against anyone?
We could, but sometimes we did not.
Thats not called supporting a club. Thats called being unrealistic  Of course I wish Milan to win every single game, but I'm not expecting them to. And if we don't buy some strong replacements for Ibra & Silva I wont expect them to win a lot of games next season. But I will still wish for them to win.
|