Summer mercato 2012
Niang seems close, which is great for the long term.

I just read on Sky Sports that we're after Denilson, the Arsenal midfielder whose been on loan in Sao Paulo over the past year. That link leaves me beyond shocked, as he's a player who flopped in Arsenal and is flopping in Brazil. Why would we chase a player whose successfully failing season after season?

About Kaka at Regista. Whenever Allegri mentions this he's always been laughing and said it in a joking manner. Even when Ambro responded seriously to it, Allegri's response is Ambro's not gone through the coaching training, which seems hardly the most serious response he could give. Simply put, I think Allegri's saying he wants a DM, not Kaka with these comments.

Dha Brain, we're not that bad, but realistically we're challenging for a top 3 spot as we are (and we're not favourites for even that much). Point isn't that we're not some awful side, but the decision making at the club is beyond comprehension and just doesn't make sense.

Getting Kaka is only likely to continue the problems we faced this summer, which Ibra and Robinho's transfers caused, as management decided for short term patches rather than proper projects. Then there's confusing links like Carvalho and again Kaka who are both over 30, rather than building on the youth development project we're supposedly on. Finally, our coach has been pretty clear on what we need, a DM, and the management responds by ignoring this and looking at needless attackers, again I'm looking at Kaka.

This is the problem in addition to what Ryo said. We need to be clear with what we're doing and actually try to build on the coach's requirements. Instead there's nothing short of confusion around everything we're involved with at the moment.
Now its being reported that Napoli bought out El Kaddouri today for €2M.

Seems like everything that can go wrong with our mercato has gone wrong. Our targets being embarrassingly outbid and taken up by our direct Serie A rivals, our best players leaving and requesting to be sold due to management's lack of ambition and commitment to the club's project as a whole, our replacements not impressing and having yet to prove themselves, our league having been reduced to 3 CL spots, thus creating an even more pessimistic picture of our ability to stay in with Europe's elite, our fans in quiet protest as evidenced by the record low season tickets sold along with the refund lawsuit fiasco, and to top things off, it seems like management have no idea what their doing, and even more worrying, not really even caring.

When the mercato began, I was quietly optimistic that we would be challenging for honours both on the Peninsula and on the Continent, but in three mad weeks, we've been reduced to less than mere hopefuls.

This is the worst I've seen us by far in a long time now. Even when we finished 11th in Serie A in the 1996/97 season, our defence still had Baresi, Costacurta, Tasotti, Maldini, Desailly, our midfield had players like Davids, Boban, Albertini, Savicevic, and our front line still boasted the quality of Simone, Baggio, Dugarry and George Weah.

As of today, I just hope and pray that the team doesn't embarrass itself during the entire season.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
(08-24-2012, 05:38 PM)Ryo Wrote: This is the worst I've seen us by far in a long time now. Even when we finished 11th in Serie A in the 1996/97 season, our defence still had Baresi, Costacurta, Tasotti, Maldini, Desailly, our midfield had players like Davids, Boban, Albertini, Savicevic, and our front line still boasted the quality of Simone, Baggio, Dugarry and George Weah.

Careful, don't jinx it! Big Grin

That horrific season started promising (signed the Ajax wonders etc) but ended up badly, including some 5-0 or something demolition by Juve. Couldn't get any worse than that, right? Tongue

If anything was to be learned from that experience, it's that "big signing does not guarantee top spot if you don't have a grand plan".

Management should not panic and think about appeasing the crowd by signing unnecessary big names, rather, they should formulate a good project with Allegri which includes building the team around youth talent + experienced players, and come up with a new, fresh, original football play like Arrigo Sacchi did 25 years ago, or Barcelona 5 - 6 years ago.

I had been away for a week, can someone pls fill me in with what happened? Since I see that Cassano and Pazzini switched teams. Is Mexes still with Milan and any new signings.
(08-24-2012, 09:21 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: I had been away for a week, can someone pls fill me in with what happened? Since I see that Cassano and Pazzini switched teams. Is Mexes still with Milan and any new signings.

Mexes is still here but obviously wants to leave too. Nothing has happened in Milan, except that Pato is injured again and will be out for 3-6 weeks. Facepalm
Hopefully mexes does leave, hopefully we can swap him with sakho
(08-24-2012, 12:10 PM)Dha Brain Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 11:07 AM)LebRN Wrote: I saw Sakho's 1st match with PSG this season and he was pretty awful. Based on that i would rather we stay a man short in defence than get him (we do have 4 defenders).
However, I have never seen him play any other time so I can't say I'm sure about my judgement. Maybe Geo can give us more feedback even though he always says he doesn't follow the French league much.

On the other hand I've never seen Mbiwa play even one match but the reviews after France's friendly this month were very good. Anyway, I think that if we won't get him now, we'll probably be signing him in Jan for free for next season.

Btw, nice work with the Titanic Xudong Smile

All of PSG's matches have looked like a disaster they drew aganst garbage Ajaccio 0-0 ( saw it on BEin ) and lavezzi was sent off and Ancelotti was too, look at that entire back 4 and the only reputable defender was Maxwell are we really going to consider Alex? come on man PSG looks horrible the first 2-3 matches but then again Silva isn't there and they recently integrating Ancelotti's philosophy I hope sakho comes

Oh right, excellent arguments...I'm convinced...let's get Sakho
(08-24-2012, 10:04 PM)xudong Wrote:
(08-24-2012, 09:21 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: I had been away for a week, can someone pls fill me in with what happened? Since I see that Cassano and Pazzini switched teams. Is Mexes still with Milan and any new signings.

Mexes is still here but obviously wants to leave too. Nothing has happened in Milan, except that Pato is injured again and will be out for 3-6 weeks. Facepalm

And I was hoping Mexes would be gone by now.

Anyhow, the team is indeed pretty weak and even crap. I read here that someone said big names don't ensure success....but you really can't win without big names. Even when Milan won in 98, Maldini and Billy in defense, with Boban and Leo in mid, and Bieroff as striker. Really can't say the same with the current Milan. The mid are full of energy but lacks skills. Pato will once again play about 20-30% of the games, still don't understand why people kept defending him...b/c to me he is a waste of space, resources, time and money for Milan. Pazzini is a great off the bench striker, ie 3rd striker in a club like Milan but not one of the starting two. This is byfar the worst defense I have seen in Milan, as I really can't recall a time when the back four do not have a leader and a WC/top 5 defender in the world.
I really don't know what Berlu and Galli want from this team as it is a complete mess, they should have sell the club while they still have stars.
(08-24-2012, 11:07 AM)LebRN Wrote: Btw, nice work with the Titanic Xudong Smile

I saw it from R&B and thought it was funny. I can't take any credit for it; if anything, I think the credit should go to Berlusconi. Grazie Presidente. Icon_lol2

[Image: lola.png]
Somebody with good record should open the thread for our opening game against Samps. We're gonna need all the luck we have this season.
per l'amaro e il dolce