08-21-2014, 02:16 PM
I'm not watching Milan games for more than a year now. And it's not likely to change in the coming season.
|
Summer Mercato
|
|
08-21-2014, 02:16 PM
I'm not watching Milan games for more than a year now. And it's not likely to change in the coming season.
08-21-2014, 02:35 PM
I will watch all the Milan matches I can. Like always...
![]() I'm not against selling Balotelli. I was sceptical when we bought him in the first place. But of course it's important what the club does now preparing for the future. Fingers crossed for some good news soon.
08-21-2014, 02:44 PM
There is no preparing for future. This is called day-to-day survive management.
08-21-2014, 02:55 PM
(08-21-2014, 02:05 PM)Hitman Wrote: With deepest regrets, I've turned against the club that I used to sing "tu sei tutta la mia vita" to. Really? As far as I'm concerned, this is the most sensible of all the high profile sales we have made since 2006, and I'll explain why: 1. Tactically Balotelli won't fit into Inzaghi's 4-3-3 system. He is not a striker, and that has proved to be impossible to change. If you play 4-3-3, you need a striker who is at his best inside the penalty box, someone who is content to score tap-ins and close range headers. Balotelli is not that kind of player. 2. Balotelli also needs to have a team that is built up around him, which Inzaghi obviously doesn't want. When we had Ibra, that kind of thinking made perfect sense, but unlike him, Balotelli is far from consistent in his performances. When he has a bad day, the whole team suffers. It seems that he will most likely be replaced by Jackson Martinez, who is a true striker and has been scoring in buckets for Porto over the last two seasons. With him as our striker, supported by El Shaarawy and probably Cerci, we have an attacking department stronger than anything we've had since Ibra left. 3. Balotelli is not professional enough. He has calmed down a lot after coming to Milan, but his lifestyle is still far from what we should expect from a Milan player. Nightclub scuffles, paternity dramas, chasing after cell phone thieves, etc. It just won't do. Berlusconi, Galliani and Inzaghi all want to bring back the "stile Milan", where the players are professionals 24/7 and behave with the kind of dignity that we should expect from representatives of such a great club. This is obviously another reason Balotelli is being sold, particularly in light of Inzaghi's statements earlier this summer about how he will always forgive a mistake on the pitch, but never a mistake off the pitch. To me, this is the kind of attitude that we need on all levels of the club. 4. At the end of the day, Balotelli is another Cassano. A remarkably talented player who lacks the mentality that is needed to become truly great. It's always a bit sad to see a good player leave Milan, but selling Balotelli makes perfect sense.
08-21-2014, 02:58 PM
All those 4 reasons were known when Pippo was appointed, this is not the time. Even someone as good as Falcao would need time now, never mind the other much poorer names mentioned.
08-21-2014, 03:04 PM
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2014, 03:06 PM by millinarios.)
Jackson Martinez? According to transfermarkt.de, he is worth around 30 million... When was the last time we payed that much for someone? Can't see this kind transfer happening, if Balotelli is sold most likely he will replaced by someone cheaper. A lot cheaper.
Also, I'm amazed how many of you try to make sense of all this shit. Just give it up guys.
I dont want to see Balotlli go, but life goes on and Milan will still be there. I WILL watch as many milan games as I can, dont care if we win lose of draw, will watch the next game..
I have seen Milan go though good times and some bad, such is life. I coulnt not stop watching or reading about my team. I see myself as a Supporter and I would like to support the club, no matter how bad or good it is run. we all have our ownthoughts and we all express them on these forums, but at the end of the day we want to see Milan do well. If Balo goes, fair enough, i hope we can bring in a player that the coach wants and one that will fit the system, whatever that is going to be. I like the sounds of Martinez from Porto, lets see what happens. Being reported £16m on the BBC, that is an absolute steal, we have just shot ourselves in the foot with that one, could easily have got £20m. im pretty sure our management must go braindead when a fee over £10m is mentioned, so stupid.
08-21-2014, 03:15 PM
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2014, 03:17 PM by devoted_dm.)
Well selling Balotelli suddenly became really difficult because he was shit at the World Cup, but clearly the club had made up its mind a long time before that. And I'm not sure we need that much time to find a good player who is better suited to the team. Didn't we buy Robinho and Ibra within the span of four-five days in 2010? I have seen so many excellent Milan transfers take place at the very end of the market, and we do have a week and a half left before the market closes.
I have to be honest. To me, selling Balotelli is so far Milan's best transfer this summer. (08-21-2014, 03:04 PM)millinarios Wrote: Jackson Martinez? According to transfermarkt.de, he is worth around 30 million... When was the last time we payed that much for someone? Can't see this kind transfer happening, if Balotelli is sold most likely he will replaced by someone cheaper. A lot cheaper. 30 million is his buy-out clause. Milan initiated talks with Porto last night, and Galliani believes that the player can be bought for less.
08-21-2014, 03:26 PM
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2014, 03:41 PM by millinarios.)
The excellent last minute transfers you're referring to, happened in a different age...
Also, Martinez just signed an extension with Porto, so it's unlikely they will sell for less than 35 million (his release clause). http://football-italia.net/54688/milan-d...ement-list
08-21-2014, 03:34 PM
There's nothing smart about buying a player this late in the market. IF we're lucky, we may get him at a reduced price if a team is desperate to sell. On the flip side, other teams KNOW that we need a striker now so they hold all the cards. In addition, said player has missed the entire preseason, and the Serie A season starts next weekend. #forwardplanning #milanchronicles
Siamo a posto cosi.
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|