06-09-2015, 07:20 PM
I must belong to the most cynical/pessimistic group. I won't believe a thing until we actually buy a big name.
|
Summer mercato 2015
|
|
06-09-2015, 07:20 PM
I must belong to the most cynical/pessimistic group. I won't believe a thing until we actually buy a big name.
06-09-2015, 09:52 PM
06-09-2015, 09:56 PM
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2015, 09:58 PM by ACMILAN1983.)
Wow, silly season is now in full swing. Things are all over the place, from 35m for Jackson Martinez and rumours of getting Brahimi, as well as much smaller names like Soriano and Obiang. Also Niang looks set to return to the squad for next season.
Personally, I'm mixed on a lot of the names, though of all those mentioned, I admit to liking Brahimi, Paco Alcacer and Hummels (linked earlier today). Hummels would be a great leader for the defence and at 26 still has a number of years at the top. Paco Alcacer is one that appears to have a lot of quality and has had a breakthrough, scoring with great frequency. He still seems raw, but there is a lot of potential. On Brahimi, I really like him as a player, but honestly wonder how much he should be invested in. In all honesty, he's a similar player to El Shaarawy, clearly more developed in his career and has shown great efficacy in the past year or two, but at the same time, part of me thinks El Shaarawy under a good coach and with consistency would flourish. Even last season, which was a right off, he had a few really good performances in a struggling side. I wouldn't say no to Brahimi with El Shaarawy as an alternative or maybe changing role, but really does what Brahimi bring justify the cost to get him? Alternatively, he is capable playing from midfield. Not sure it would be his best role though. I also like Kondogbia, but at the rumoured 35m I'm put off straight away. I know the club will apparently have money, but I still think they should spend wisely. Dani Alves is also gone, which doesn't bother me particularly. His wage demands were too high and to be honest how much he'd bring to the side, as I think as good as he is, a significant part of that is down to Barca. I'm really kind of disappointed to see Napoli, Juve and Inter all seriously linked to Allan. I still think he'd be my primary target for midfield. Edit: Also Xu and Jay, you're not alone. I will believe when I see the players coming in.
06-09-2015, 10:27 PM
Galliani asked Ibra today whether he would like to return; Ibra said yes, and now you must talk to PSG. Raiola was also present. Tomorrow the contacts will begin. SKY
http://gianlucadimarzio.com/serie-a/mila...ituazione/
I have mixed feeling towards Ibra's possible return. How many years do you think he has left? For sure he is not going to play forever, and I suppose he is not coming for free either.
I wouldn't be sad if he comes back though. :d If he returns, it is almost as if we could already guarantee a top 3 spot in the league. ![]() (06-09-2015, 09:52 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote:(06-09-2015, 07:20 PM)xudong Wrote: I must belong to the most cynical/pessimistic group. I won't believe a thing until we actually buy a big name. (06-09-2015, 09:56 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Edit: Also Xu and Jay, you're not alone. I will believe when I see the players coming in. ![]() ![]()
06-09-2015, 11:21 PM
(06-09-2015, 10:37 PM)xudong Wrote: I have mixed feeling towards Ibra's possible return. How many years do you think he has left? For sure he is not going to play forever, and I suppose he is not coming for free either. True, and I read something about that today. Apparently buying Ibra doesn't mean that we won't invest in another striker as well. From what I understood, a large part of the reason they want him back is because it would be good for the team on a mental level. The idea is that even when he is 35-36, he will still have the mentality of a winner, and that will be good for the other players. Basically they want a team leader. Definitely a good move, if you ask me.
Milannews says that getting Ibra, or Jackson Martinez dont rule out one another because we are looking to play with two strikers, and looking to offload Menez&Cerci if the opportunity arises.
Let's face is, Menez was good last season but he won't sit on the bench, as much of a luxury as it would be to have Menez coming off the bench if Martinez or Ibra are injured or tired, it's not realistic. Menez had the best season of his career, surely he's looking for a bigger contract or to progress somewhere along those lines. Maybe a move will be best for both worlds. I've been reading that Miha wants to play a 4-4-2, but not having even been officially presented as our new coach, I'm not sure if I'm believing that, because wasnt his favoured formation a 4-3-3 at Samp? Getting Ibra back will keep me up at night until the first game of the season, he's a one man team himself and I've missed him so much. I dont care who else we get, I have something to look forward to with Ibra. I agree with you Dev, specifically on two things. 1) Kondogbia for 35m is too much, I think we can do better; Gundogan, try for Verratti? Heck even a more offensive player (albeit that we dont really need) like Pastore I'd prefer. 2) ALLAN, he will be a fantastic player! I've been able to keep an eye on him, and I have to say that I'm impressed. Impressive motor on the kid, he's not too young either, he's the perfect age for the step up. Call me crazy but, faster more agile version of NDJ?
06-10-2015, 03:09 AM
Milan needs at least 2 quality CM's. 35 m euros is fair price for Kondogbia in my opinion, Verrati's price will be a lot higher. Even Bertolacci costs around 14-15 m euros.
Kondogbia and Clasie double pivot looks promising. Allan is better player than De Jong in every aspect of the game. i'd not say no to Allan-Clasie or Biglia-Allan. if we want to win something, we need to invest. Otherwise, if we find Kondogiba expensive, we will likely go for Bertolacci, Basell level players. We at most can figh for 5th with them. D.Lopez Abate Hummels Umtiti Antonelli Kondogbia Biglia Salah Vasquez El Shaarwy J.Martinez Yet, im expecting something like this from Galliani. D.Lopez Abate Romagnoli Paletta Antonelli Baselli De Jong Bertolacci Honda Mandzukic El Shaarwy.
06-10-2015, 08:24 AM
Looking at the make up of the team right now, I would say we should try to get the highest caliber player possible, regardless of their prices. This team has enough squad players, we need real quality players who can single handedly change games. Ibra is exactly that type of player despite his advanced age. Somehow, this guy is actually defying his age and is playing at a very high level at age 34. How many 34 year olds in the world can realistically push Cavani to the side in a team like PSG? The guy is a beast, and we were dumb to let him go to begin with. Time to fix that mistake, price be damned.
Kondogbia is another player i think we should try our damnest to bring in. Sure 35M looks like a lot, but the guy is like 23 and have had CL experience already. He can grow into becoming one of the best in the world at his position, and if he does, 35M is a huge huge bargain. Look at what Juve is doing with their team, they just spent 40M on Dybala, who has no CL experience. Hoarding up great young talent is the name of the game, and it's about time we get on board with that. And let's not forget one thing, since we do not have CL football, most top level players wouldn't want to join us anyway. It's not like Messi, CR7 and Fabregas are fighting each other for a spot on our team these days. We need to take what we can get. Berlu's wallet is not always open, so when it is open, we better take full advantage of it, and don't let any of the money goes to waste. Instead of spending 150M (I am not sure if we actually have that, but let's just assume we do) on 15 average players, let's focus the money on 5, or 6 high quality guys who can take us to that next level.
06-10-2015, 08:42 AM
(06-10-2015, 08:24 AM)slifersd Wrote: Looking at the make up of the team right now, I would say we should try to get the highest caliber player possible, regardless of their prices. This team has enough squad players, we need real quality players who can single handedly change games. Ibra is exactly that type of player despite his advanced age. Somehow, this guy is actually defying his age and is playing at a very high level at age 34. How many 34 year olds in the world can realistically push Cavani to the side in a team like PSG? The guy is a beast, and we were dumb to let him go to begin with. Time to fix that mistake, price be damned. Agree. We should target world class players now, and those cost money. |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|