Milan - Parma (12/02/11 - 18:00)
(02-10-2011, 10:35 PM)Aficio Wrote: I still miss the old thread, my old thread Big Grin

LOL.. There'll be plenty games ahead mate, but for the first game thread on our new forum we need a more proven thread opener like Geo Smile
per l'amaro e il dolce
Haha, I only want to spam a bit in this new forum Big Grin

About this match, here is my line-up:

--------------------------Abbi----------------------------
--Oddo--------Silva----------Yepes-------Bonera--
--------------------------Rino-----------------------------
----------Flamini---------------------Pirlo---------------
-------------------------Binho----------------------------
------------------Pato---------Cassano----------------

LB is the best position of Bonera now, we should rest Nini and protect left flank for Pirlo.
My Lineup:

------------Cassano-----------Pato---------------------
----------------------Robinho---------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------
-----------Flamini------------------Merkel--------------
---------------------Van Bommel--------------------------
Antonini----------------------------------------Sokratis--
--------------Yepes-------------T. Silva--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------Abbiati------------------------------

* Pirlo in for one of the Midfielders/strikers at some point
* I'd strongly consider Merkel in this midfield over Gattuso because of his ability to pass and get forward
* I'd like to see Vila but that won't happen I guess
* I'd like to see Sokratis at RB
* Lastly, Ibra in if we need a goal!!! Big Grin
(02-10-2011, 10:35 PM)Aficio Wrote: I still miss the old thread, my old thread Big Grin

Sorry mate, I'll let you make the next one !! Big Grin
Why not the Milan-Tottenham topic ? But be careful, if we don't win this game, you could be banned for life !!

Elmago, why not using Pirlo right from the start and replace him if he feels tired ? He needs to play the most possible (without being too tired at the end) because we'll need him as fit as possible against Tottenham !!

Same could be said for Nesta who entirely participated to the last training sessions.

About Abate and Boateng, I'm afraid we won't have them against Tottenham, which could be a kind of problem because we'll probably need runners (Boateng and Robinho), and if possible, fast runners (Abate).
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Good to be on the new site!! Lookin good Reza!!

With Inter on a ressurgence, we need to win this one, and hopefully handily. I expect Pirlo to play at some point, and wouldn't mind if we could rest Ibra at some point.

FORZA MIIILAN!!
ElMago, Ibra's already been rested enough with Sweden (BTW you guys should see his assist, it was an amazing chest down), we need him to start because we desperately need a win.

Robinho was very good in his last game for Milan and I think he should be the only one that should be untouchable because he is the link from midfield to attack at the moment. Cassano played a very nice first half for Italy vs Germany, I would however start Pato with Ibra so he gels some more before the Spurs game on Tuesday.
Star 
The midweek friendlies are stupid. Still, we should and will win at San Siro against Parma. I am confident. And Ibrahimovic will score. Cool
aka xudong
Milan - Parma
Stadio Meazza

Milan cannot afford to keep dropping points against plucky relegation battlers, as their lead at the top of the Serie A table is ebbing away.

The Rossoneri insist they are in a comfortable position and still have the upper hand despite Napoli and Inter closing the gap to three and five points respectively. Their 1-1 at Genoa was the second on the trot and the fourth stalemate of 2011. “We are not worried,” assured Coach Max Allegri. “We knew that Inter were not out of the running and expected this return to form. We’re still top of the table, so our destiny remains in our hands.”

Allegri has some difficult choices to make, as the injury list seems to grow longer every day. Absent for this round are Massimo Ambrosini, Nicola Legrottaglie, Luca Antonini, Kevin-Prince Boateng, Gianluca Zambrotta, Rodney Strasser, Marco Amelia and Pippo Inzaghi. Andrea Pirlo is back in the squad, although probably not fit to start, while Alessandro Nesta hopes to make his comeback to the bench after dislocating his shoulder.

Parma are struggling to avoid the drop despite some genuine talent at their disposal. They are only three points clear of the relegation zone and the biggest problem is undoubtedly in attack. The Ducali have scored only 23 goals in 24 games, while their recent outings saw two strikes in the last three rounds. The pressure is piling on Pasquale Marino and newspapers list a series of potential replacements every day.

None of this is encouraging for Parma, who lost 1-0 on home turf when these sides met earlier this season. Perhaps Sebastian Giovinco’s confidence will be further boosted by his full international debut midweek, while Hernan Crespo would love to prove a point against his old club. Rafael Marques is still out of action with Toni Calvo, while Stefano Morrone sits out a ban in midfield.

Keep an eye on: Amauri (Parma) – He has been reborn since the loan from Juventus on transfer deadline day. The Brazil-born Italy international scored a sensational overhead kick last week against Fiorentina and hit the crossbar with a late header.

Last five in Serie A: Milan (D W W D D) Parma (L W L L D)

Last season: Milan 2-0 Parma

Top tip: With so many injuries, players returning from international duty and the Champions League clash with Tottenham coming up, Milan could be a little distracted.

Stat fact: Parma have conquered San Siro twice before in 1993 and 1997. However, Milan have won seven of their last eight meetings. The total record in this Serie A fixture is now of 11 home victories, two for the visitors and six draws.

Milan (probable): Abbiati; Oddo, Thiago Silva, Yepes, Bonera; Gattuso, Pirlo, Flamini; Robinho; Pato, Ibrahimovic

Parma (probable): Mirante; Zaccardo, Paci, Lucarelli, Gobbi; Candreva, Dzemaili, Galloppa; Angelo, Amauri, Giovinco

Ref: De Marco
"Above Milan there is only the sky." Antonio Cassano
Last season the entire show was by Ronaldinho and Borriello, if I remember correctly. Hopefully our new talisman can take over. Smile

We do need to watch out for Giovinco and Amauri. Those two Jube players are dangerous. and I should never had forgotten about Crespo.
aka xudong
Hopefully we'll see a more aggressive unit tomorrow with better linking between the departments. I can't see anything but a win if I'm honest, the team know how important the game is with key players back and I think the midweek break (at least from club matches) will be important for the players.