Poll: Who should be next Milan coach?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pippo, Who Else?
21.05%
4 21.05%
Seedorf, Return of the Legend
10.53%
2 10.53%
Berlusconi, 2 CFs or Bust
0%
0 0%
Conte, Reformed Juventino
10.53%
2 10.53%
Ancelotti, Back for the Attack
31.58%
6 31.58%
Emery, Spanish Inquisition
15.79%
3 15.79%
Jesus, Portuguese Saviour
0%
0 0%
Sarri, More Midtable Experience
0%
0 0%
Brocchi, Let's Ruin Another Career
0%
0 0%
Bielsa, Let's Do this!
10.53%
2 10.53%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Head Coach talk 2015 and 2016 and beyond
I don't think Gattuso has the tactical awareness to pull this off. I suspect a Pippo Inzaghi Part 2.
He could learn a lot from Montella...about what not to do. If Gatuso corects Montella's mistakes than we will be better - maybe he can't pull us out to CL but he will certanly do better...On the other hand if he continue where Montella stoped than...Serie B here we come... Few first games will show...
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
One of the first things is to settle on a starting 11, the team is young and can adapt and doesn't need all that much rest, we don't have that many midweek games either.
And also have 15 days winter break since this season.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
He uses a 4-3-3 and 3-4-3, which I like
These things would only count if Gattuso would be a real coach. And I don't think he is.
Change had to be done. I am also unsure of Rino llike many others. His record is not impressive and he has an explosive personality which can either unite the group and players will die for him...or it will destroy his relationship with everyone and therefore destroy the season. There is no middle ground and psychology with Rino. What you see is what you get. Let's just hope that players follow him and his personality and not oppose him.

As for his record as a coach...it's underwhelming to say the least. But then again, it's not like he coached clubs that were stable to begin with. Let's see what hsppens. He doesn't need to be a tactical genious or someone that will redesign the wheel.
We just need him to:
1. Insert some passion into this group. This is definitely a box that gets a checkmark with Gattuso.
2. Speed up the play. Insert some urgency in our play. As long as his football philosophy is different then Montella's "possession for no reason", he will do ok in this. Just tell the players to trust in themselves. Start taking some chances by playing quicker and a bit more vertical. Stop always going for the safe option, which is always a pass back. It kills our tempo and play.
3. Perhaps the most difficult thing he has to do is work on integrating the attack. We need some combination plays, some 3rd player runs, some intensity in our attacking approach. I don't know if Gattuso is capable of achieving this, but if he gets #2 done, which has more to do with the approach and psychology than tactics, then #3 will automatically become better. As a matter of fact, it can't get any worse as under Montella we looked completely useless and clueless in attack.
4. Please, please, please for the love of god pick a starting 11 and stick to it until the winter break.

Let's not judge Gattuso before he has even started. He gets a clean slate from me, unaffected of his previous coaching jobs. The situation under Montella was unbearable. This team, even without a coach, should have at least another 8-10 points right now.
Firing Montella was probably the right decision at this point, given that he has made very little progress on molding this team together despite having been working on it since early summer. But Gattusso is a horse sh*t candidate to replace him. The guy does not have the credential nor the ability to coach at this level period. Yes, he is a Milan legend but it takes more than having a couple of pictures in the Milan museum to succeed here as a coach.

What is more troubling than the candidate himself is that this feels like the continuation of a pretty disturbing trend to me where we always seem to go for the easy targets instead of the right ones. Over the course of the summer, we were linked with a ton of high quality players who could've elevated the team single handedly. Fans were excited, and the management seemed like they were working hard on getting the deals done. And yet, when push came to shove, we couldn't close deal for any of these high quality guys and ended up settling for lesser players who represent significant risks. Look no further than the Kalinic signing as an example of this. We wanted a world class striker and were linked all summer with Aubameyang, Morata, and Diego Costa. And yet, we ended up getting Kalinic, who is nowhere near the level of the other guys and have proven to be a pretty miserable failure here so far. This attitude of always settling and never getting the job done right in the first place is partially what got us into this position in the first place. This management can sack Montella, and then Rino and then whoever after that, but their own failure to live up to their end of the bargain cannot be understated. If I were Yonghong or Han Li, I'd seriously question Fassone and Mirabelli on their capabilities to negotiate and close deals right now. You simply cannot spend 200M on a team and have essentially nothing to show for it.
(11-27-2017, 06:43 PM)slifersd Wrote: Firing Montella was probably the right decision at this point, given that he has made very little progress on molding this team together despite having been working on it since early summer. But Gattusso is a horse sh*t candidate to replace him. The guy does not have the credential nor the ability to coach at this level period. Yes, he is a Milan legend but it takes more than having a couple of pictures in the Milan museum to succeed here as a coach.

What is more troubling than the candidate himself is that this feels like the continuation of a pretty disturbing trend to me where we always seem to go for the easy targets instead of the right ones. Over the course of the summer, we were linked with a ton of high quality players who could've elevated the team single handedly. Fans were excited, and the management seemed like they were working hard on getting the deals done. And yet, when push came to shove, we couldn't close deal for any of these high quality guys and ended up settling for lesser players who represent significant risks. Look no further than the Kalinic signing as an example of this. We wanted a world class striker and were linked all summer with Aubameyang, Morata, and Diego Costa. And yet, we ended up getting Kalinic, who is nowhere near the level of the other guys and have proven to be a pretty miserable failure here so far. This attitude of always settling and never getting the job done right in the first place is partially what got us into this position in the first place. This management can sack Montella, and then Rino and then whoever after that, but their own failure to live up to their end of the bargain cannot be understated. If I were Yonghong or Han Li, I'd seriously question Fassone and Mirabelli on their capabilities to negotiate and close deals right now. You simply cannot spend 200M on a team and have essentially nothing to show for it.

Making Gattuso head coach is a move that Berlusconi / Galliani would do in this situation. It is changing just for the sake of changing, with the cheapest possible solution and praying it will work out well. Well, it never has.
(11-27-2017, 06:49 PM)millinarios Wrote: Making Gattuso head coach is a move that Berlusconi / Galliani would do in this situation. It is changing just for the sake of changing, with the cheapest possible solution and praying it will work out well. Well, it never has.

100% correct. Gattuso is an unproven coach, and now he'll be in charge of the first team. It's a disaster waiting to happen. I don't think we'll fare any better under him than we did with Montella, to be honest, even though I do agree with the sacking. It's incredible how in five months the whole Chinese project has just crashed. 7th in the league, team doesn't score and is far off the European spots. Sacked the coach and replaced him with a novice. Financial future in serious doubt. This is as bad as it gets.