Summer Mercato 2016
(07-18-2016, 06:21 AM)porcho Wrote: what we need is to invest in our youth and bring through future stars. we have a good academy. It's about time we started using it properly instead of sending away all these young kids, never giving them a real go... Let's look at our currently average team... add in Saponara, Aubemeyang, Darmian. it's already better and we wouldnt have had to spend 30mill on Bacca which means we could have spent it on a midfielder instead.

It's only now, now that we have no money, that we've started using the kids we have. Hopefully Montella continues this...

To add to this... We should actually stick by our youngsters, give them faith, give them the support to realise their potential... Who knows what would have happened if we had kept SES this year instead of sending him away. We might have started to actually see some more from him.

This is what I meant. We don't have to be an exact replica of Benfica or Ajax or whoever. My main point is that the model has to change from Big club, spend money, we HAVE TO win Scudetto to - Dear fans, we will rebuild, using whatever resources we have, this might mean that we do not win anything for a while, but we will stick to an elaborate, well thought out plan to ensure future stability and success. 

I would rather we buy 7 hot prospects for the future than spend 20m on Pavoletti. We are not a big club and they need to embrace that and build from here. Honestly, they wouldn't even need to sell had they adopted a new approach a few years ago.
Juve to me is a great example of that... I've said it before and I'll say it again... although they are Rivals... How they've turned the club around is inspirational... From Serie B, signed decent prospects, mixed with the right players that didnt do great or weren't doing great elsewhere and look where they are now... Working on signing Higuain to potentially become one of the favorite's for Champions League.
I agree with you. I am jealous of how well that club is run and in Marotta they have a competitive leader. I mean they bought Barzagli, who was a no name at that time and look what he has done since. They bought Pogba who was offered to us too and he was again, considered a trouble maker then. There are plenty of other examples of how well thay hev done things.

I really do not think that anyone will be able to compete with them for a while to come in the league.
(07-18-2016, 07:30 AM)somedevil Wrote: I agree with you. I am jealous of how well that club is run and in Marotta they have a competitive leader. I mean they bought Barzagli, who was a no name at that time and look what he has done since. They bought Pogba who was offered to us too and he was again, considered a trouble maker then. There are plenty of other examples of how well thay hev done things.

I really do not think that anyone will be able to compete with them for a while to come in the league.

About Barzagli, it was a bet ... Or a good choice by their former coach at that time, not necessarely by Marotta. I mean, most of us didn't want Barzagli in Milan for example because of his age and because despite some good performances here and there, he wasn't a WC defender.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
for sure... they're now far and above the best team. We can get there but it will take sopme time and some risk but we need to get smarter with our choices... Where Juve bought Barzagli, Pogba and Vidal, we've gone more along the lines of Alex, Bertolacci and Kucka. Galliani's no longer who he used to be and Berlusconi lost it ages ago. They took risks that mostly worked, we took risks that mostly failed.
If Milan are going to window shop for a 10th straight mercato why cant they window shop properly.I mean say Reus Varane Matuidi Cavani Verratti , window shop that instead of Musacchio Sosa Pavoletti.
Agazzi to Cesena, full ownership
Good news.
We're at least doing a good job getting rid of all this deadwood between contracts expired and players like Agazzi being shipped out.
There were rumors that we gave him away for free, and on top of that had to give him a severance package. Otherwise, no team will take him (and he won't want to leave either) as his salary with Milan was way too high.

I wish I could work for Milan to take advantage of Galliani's stupidity generosity.