Summer Mercato 2016
Last year we were rich and stupid, this year we are poor and stupid. Big Grin
My Canadian consortium will be poor but at least not stupid  Stuckup Tongue
The guy looks a solid defender on youtube with strong aeriel duel ability, only 23yo, Paraguay NT, the problem is this most probably 110% is Galliani's last minute panic purchase. I bet he doesnt know this guy exists until yesterday. From Mustafi, Mustachhio, Benatia to this guy.. You know Galliani and unfortunately I dont trust his instinct in discovering talents.
I would almost bet money this was a recommendation made by some local agents and hookers to Galliani. No way in hell any of the "scouts" we employ discovered him.
(08-05-2016, 01:53 AM)slifersd Wrote: I would almost bet money this was a recommendation made by some local agents and hookers to Galliani. No way in hell any of the "scouts" we employ discovered him.

I would bet those hookers he got on holidays, did recommend him Gomez.
My guess is that Gomez is not just a random spur of the moment signing. A couple of years we appointed Salvatore Monaco as the head of South American Scouting, previously he worked at Catania and they always rely on South American talent.

From the Youtube videos he does look like a good prospect but again there is the big problem of, whether he will fit in Serie A. But it does seem like that he has a few good qualities. He is fast, not afraid to launch a tackle and he does seem like a determined sort of a person. It's clear from the video that the guy has leadership skills and he seems like a self-motivated person.

if it's a loan then it is a good gamble. With him and Caceres we would be covered in defense. I really don't want Arbeloa here, we do not want another aging champion who gives no damn.
Gomez is a free loan or some places say we paid €7.5/€8m...could be good could be meh.Hopefully good.

Lapadula , well I expect nothing so anything positive is a plus.

Bacca is once again linked to West Ham.It could go through in the coming weeks.If that happens I think we'll see Sosa signex probably for what Besiktas are demanding so €8m.Thats a waste of money for a team that has extremely limited funds.Beyond that maybe a loan or 2 the usual rumours we see each mercato this one it'll be Kovacic & Cuadrado with claims like its a difficult negotiation the team wants too much money , we will see blah blah blah with neither arriving...Gomez Lapadula Sosa a loan or 2 doesnt improve us at all.
(08-05-2016, 07:30 AM)Jay Crisp Wrote: Gomez is a free loan or some places say we paid €7.5/€8m...could be good could be meh.Hopefully good.

Lapadula , well I expect nothing so anything positive is a plus.

Bacca is once again linked to West Ham.It could go through in the coming weeks.If that happens I think we'll see Sosa signex probably for what Besiktas are demanding so €8m.Thats a waste of money for a team that has extremely limited funds.Beyond that maybe a loan or 2 the usual rumours we see each mercato this one it'll be Kovacic & Cuadrado with claims like its a difficult negotiation the team wants too much money , we will see blah blah blah with neither arriving...Gomez Lapadula Sosa a loan or 2 doesnt improve us at all.
I share your optimism  Okmilan
(08-05-2016, 08:36 AM)edysim Wrote: I share your optimism  Okmilan

Im a product of years of crap.Honestly I've shared the opinion that Milan should think on their level and sign accordingly and a mercato of Lapadula Sosa Gomez Caceres is just that is it not ?
Apparently Milan had previously scouted Gomez and Montella has wanted him since he was at Fiorentina.