Summer Mercato 2016
Meanwhile Badelj's agent has confirmed that Montella wants the player at Milan. Signing him is probably more realistic than getting Isco...
Badelj would be a good signing. Especially if it's for about 15mil.

The more time that goes by the more belief I have for Isco. Of course I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment, but it's good to dream and to know that we might actually have the financial power to pull this off. Getting someone like Isco would actually be the perfect platform to get the ultimate dream next summer - Verratti. Just give PSG whatever it takes. 80,100,120mil....whatever.
Imagine having a midfield duo of Verratti and Isco with a good solid holder behind them.

About this summer....Badelj and Cuadrado would be a great start. From there on, maybe someone like Boufal plus Musacchio would round off a near perfect summer.

By the way, I'd advise for us not to pay attention to the figures we supposedly have available for this summer. This summer was a clear proof that the media doesn't know shit. And whatever they know, is obviously leaked to them from faces at the club that clearly don't want them to have the correct information.
Getting Verratti would be like getting Nesta in 2002. Smile
A lot of Isco links coming up. 60mln euros seems to be the offer the Chinese are preparing.

Badelj at 12-15mln euros is a steal IMO. Not a fancy player, but a very clean passer and hard worker. I think he's perfect for our midfield, he stood out in the Croatian NT as well.

Cuadrado, Badelj, Musacchio and Isco would cap an unreal mercato. Selling Bacca and replacing him with Zaza would be even better.
15mln euros for Badelj, 25mln euros for Cuadrado, 25mln euros for Musacchio and another 60mln euros for Isco. Bacca could go for around 30, I wouldn't pay more than 20 for Zaza though, he's still got quite a bit to prove.

Verratti is 100% my preferred signing over anyone for our midfield, perhaps even Isco. Probably wont happen, he seems to be a prized possession at PSG.

----------------Bonaventura---------------Zaza------------------Cuadrado------------------
-------------Monty-------------------Badelj--------------------Isco---------------------------
----DS----------------Romagnoli-------------------Musacchio---------------Abate-----------
----------------------------------Donnarumma-------------------------------------------------

Imagine! I'm getting really excited to watch them live the 21st, I'm still waiting for tickets to go on sale on the website but with the sale having gone through I'm definitely buying them, hoping they start signing some players
Sansone to Villareal, Matri to replace him at Sasuolo?
I don't know that Matri is a replacement for Sansone. Sansone is a winger, and rumors are that they want Papu Gomez from Atalanta to replace him.

But either way, there are strong rumors for Matri to Sassuolo and they say that it is down to the final details. I hope that it's an actual transfer and not just a loan where we pay part of the wages. Sassuolo can't afford his 2.7mil a year, that's for sure. But with him being in his last year of his contract and him knowing that nobody will offer him anything close to that at the end of it....he might be willing to accept a long term (4yr) contract that's a lot less per year but more in the long run.

About Badelj, apparently Viola wants 12mil and we are willing to pay 8-10.
Milan is apparently negotiating final details for Matri to Sassuolo.
I don't know if this means anything for us, but Cuadrado didn't get in the game today against Werder Bremen.
If we can get Badelj and Isco we are set in midfield. There's talk about Milan having to choose whether to sell Bacca or De Sciglio to finance the mercato, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see both of them go. Bacca scores a ton of goals, but I think his attitude leaves something to be desired, and it seems like he is ready to leave. As for De Sciglio, he did well at the Euros, but to be honest it's been a long time since he performed at a consistently high level for us. The club might think the same, so it could be a good idea to cash in if we get a good offer. Abate is usually our first choice right back anyway, and Calabria has proved that he can do well too.

If we sell Bacca for 30 million and De Sciglio for 25, we'll have 55 million plus the 15 that came in from the consortium. In addition I'm expecting a few other players to leave, so we might get another 5-10 million in total for those. We could possibly get Badelj on a loan with obligation to buy in January, buy Isco for around 40 million and invest the remaining 15 in a defender. If we also get Cuadrado on loan with an obligation to buy, I think we could have a very good season.
I'm not too fussed about forwards, to be honest. If we play 4-3-3, then we'll have Adriano, Niang and Lapadula competing for the central position, so that should be adequate until January and possibly for the whole season.
Btw, is anyone else surprised that we're not trying to offload Honda? I really don't understand why we're not selling him, but maybe we just haven't had any offers. Also we need to sell Poli and let Mauri go on loan somewhere.