Summer Mercato 2016
Devilol

oh wait what?

Grinundwech
Yeah, Juve's trying to f*** us on the Bentancur deal. Real gentlemen, aren't they? F***ing thieves. As I see it they know we're not a threat at the moment, but they're trying to prevent us from becoming one, knowing that we have ambitious new owners and plenty of money coming in soon. Basically they're happier if there's no competition in Serie A, which is an attitude I don't think we've ever seen from Milan. There used to be respect between our clubs. We'd rarely compete for the same players. Those days are clearly long gone. But I don't recall them trying to screw another Italian team over in this way, so at least they are concerned on some level. Probably means things are finally moving in the right direction again for us.
But man I hate that club... I have been struggling to get fired up for this season, but Juve are starting to piss me off so bad that I can feel the old passion returning.
I didn't think they could do anything with the Bentancur deal other than offer the agreed value or, if we put in a bid, match our bid...
If they are genuinely interested in the player then I suppose so be it... although it seems like they've actively screwing us this transfer window...
First we're looking at and talking to Pjaca... so they sign him...
We contact them regarding Zaza asking for a loan with obligation, the player wants to come to us as he wants to stay in Italy... Juve don't want a loan with option...
Now we're after Bentancur, a player they've chose to ignore despite having an option to buy him, but suddenly become interested once we start talks to sign him...

They can keep trying... the inevitable will happen regardless... in a few years time they will, once again, be second or third in Italy...
Latest rumor linking us with Mangala from Man City. Gotta say, I am excited about that possibility. Mangala's physical gifts make him an ideal partner for Romagnoli in a lot of ways. And we can get him for loan so we minimize the risk. I think he would be a heck of a steal if we can get him this window.

Juve is behaving exactly like any company would in this situation, muddy up the water for all of their competitors. In business, when you have an advantage, you never relinquish it to help someone else out. It is cut throat and it looks cruel, but that's just how it is. Juve, in this case, has absolutely zero reason to help us out. Driving up the prices for players and make us blow our budget is good business to them. We never used to do this (or at least not do it to this degree) because, well, Galliani wants to be everyone's best friend. Although looking back, I do wonder if we could've been better off if we had been more cut throat ourselves.
I agree with slifersd. As much as I hate Juventus, I don't expect them to be "nice" to us. We may have been nice to other teams, but that's only due to Galliani's stupidity. We really should not have done that.

Just like we never were able to get good money selling our players, all thanks to Galliani's stupidity. And he is even stupider to expect others to sell their players to us at a cheap price. Stupidity will not and should not be rewarded; it will only be laughed at.
Why we are not gunning for Coric is beyond me.
^^
I'm with you! There is something about that kid....you can just tell it's just a matter of time until he becomes a star.
For player scouting purposes compilation videos are a hit or miss. What I otherwise rely on instead are individual player highlights from a single match. You can see all the things they did during a match.

For instance, this is a video of Bentancur playing in the superclassico https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzD4LLnCVhU
Coric would be more expensive. Not to say I don't want him... I definitely do. It just might need to wait till January or end of season...

Getting both Bentancur and Coric would be a great move for us... You've got two potential superstars there...
(08-12-2016, 02:26 AM)somedevil Wrote: Why we are not gunning for Coric is beyond me.

Because we dont have scouting networks, only Galliani, his friends and a cellphone..