Summer Mercato 2016
Nefremo - looks good to me. Let's hope you're right. And that's how we look come end of this mercato
Id say we're done after the Pasalic loan move.I know theres a hope that we'll get a surprise or but the money just isnt there.Until the deal is finalized the Chinese wont be able to spend & fininvest wont go for obligations on the slight slight chance that something goes wrong and the deal falls through because they dont want to have pay those fees.

Looks like we're done boys.IMO it will be next summer that we see what we've waited a decade to happen...and thats real change.Nothing major will happen in January as teams wont sell their players midway if theyre a valuable player , and if they do sell it will take huge over paying.I dont expect much this season at best a Europa League push.
I agree Jay.

My hope is that we can stay within striking distance of 3rd place come January. I don't expect any huge signings at that point, but I think we can see a couple of players come to boost our chances for 3rd.

In all honesty, looking at the other teams, it is very doable for us to be close to 3rd place. Even last season, we were in it with a chance until February, when Roma just took off.
Option to buy on Jose Mauri's loan. I don't understand his situation. None of the coaches of Milan have ever given him a chance. Is it coz he was bad in training or is it coz they had too much pressure to deliver results and preferred sticking to the tried and tested lineup? In any case looks like he is off to Empoli on Loan with option to buy.
(08-25-2016, 02:23 PM)somedevil Wrote: Option to buy on Jose Mauri's loan. I don't understand his situation. None of the coaches of Milan have ever given him a chance. Is it coz he was bad in training or is it coz they had too much pressure to deliver results and preferred sticking to the tried and tested lineup? In any case looks like he is off to Empoli on Loan with option to buy.

Another one of Galliani's legendary talent-waster moves.
He has more potential to be useful to us than Poli.
(08-25-2016, 03:29 PM)nefremo Wrote: He has more potential to be useful to us than Poli.

The problem is probably no one wants to take Poli. Not even on loan.
You are probably right.

Elsewhere, Porto have signed Oliver Torres on loan. He is someone we should have been looking at imo.

Southampton are rumored to have agreed a 23mil euro move for Boufal from Lille.

Both of those are players that would have improved our team. Instead, we spent 17.5 mil on Lapadula and Sosa.....and are spending another 1mil on a player that has not played since February due to a back injury.

God damn it man....Galliani needs to leave ASAP! Boufal was really someone that could have injected a difference in this team. A player with pace that is great 1v1 and loves to play vertically. We really don't have this characteristic from someone else in the team.
Besiktas is negotiationg w City to take Nasri on loan with option to buy.. Perhaps using some money from Sosa's
Mauri vs Poli is an interesting debate. And again, I think it has more to do with the Milan bias than anything else that Poli is repeatedly kept around while Mauri seems like he is on the Darmian route already. This happens in Milan far too frequent for it to be coincidental. A player who never delivers anything on the pitch is kept around year after year, manager after manager, and nobody knows why. Meanwhile, a young talent is never given the chance to take said player's place despite showing promise.