Summer Mercato 2016
I haven't seen El Ghazi much, but from the little I've dren I think he's more suited to be a support striker than a winger. Ajax obviously doesn't use that, so he plays on the wing. I think sometimes in modern football, managers stick skilled players out wide way too much. I'm not saying it's not a good starting point for youngsters as there's only pressure coming from one side so generally try have more time to think.....but I think later on in their career it's different.
About Witsel, I am getting conflicting information. I am quite sure that I read it elsewhere too that his contract runs out in the summer of 2017, but then I also remember Galliani saying (not verbatim) "we will talk about Witsel again this summer (2016) when he becomes a free man".

I don't know anything about el Ghazi. Dutch league has not produced too many talents since Suarez, so that's not an exciting league for me (feel free to refute me, because I don't really follow it to form an educated and fair opinion Big Grin)
M
(02-02-2016, 04:21 PM)WCmilan Wrote: Disappointing winter mercato IMO. I know we got rid of a lot more deadwood, but I thought the reason for that was to bring someone in. It's unfortunate that we didnt, considering we were linked with Ante Coric on deadline day and sources were saying a deal will be done ontop of him being a Milan fan.. It was exciting, almost too good to be true. I didn't even think of the El Ghazi rumours at all once I found out we're linked with Coric. El Ghazi from what I've seen could become a good player, he's two footed, has some pace and good dribbling and for his age just being as fluently two footed is a big plus.. Coric though, this kids the next big thing if you ask me. Amazing creative ability, excellent messi like dribbling, shooting.. So complete for an 18 year old.

Referring to the stats Dev just gave on El Ghazi, for someone who's apparently a greedy selfish player, 8 assists is pretty impressive in one season for a player his age.

He had a great start of the season, that is all. And Ajax were banging them in for fun back then haha. If Ajax fans want to lose him (and I watch Ajax pretty much every week) then I think it speaks volumes. He just makes terrible decision due to his selfishness, including in his NT games which were vital to the Netherlands for qualifying. Which is a pity because his stats could have been amazing.

Now you won't hear me saying he's bad. No hes g9t great potential but his attitude and selfishness need to go as it defines him at the moment. We do not need that in our locker room especially not at the moment.
I haven't seen El Ghazi, Coric or Soldo play at all, so I am not going to have a very educated opinion on these guys. But overall, I at least like the direction we are going linking with these guys. Young players with big time upside are exactly what this team needs to usher itself into the new era. Whether we like it or not, we now lack the financial prowess or the brand allure for the top tier players around the world. If we are serious about getting back to being a powerhouse again, we have to start relying on young players who can develop into stars here.

That being said, it is a little concerning that we are targeting players that are so young. In recent years, Milan has become a very hostile place for players. Management is going through major changes, coaching staff changes every year, and the fans are ready to riot during every home loss. Even for championship level players, operating under these conditions can be hugely challenging. Every mistake you make gets overexposed by the media, and the fans will boo you like you just robbed their children's college tuition. The coach you build up relationship with gets criticized constantly and fired by management, because of the errors you make on the field. Playing for Milan is like trying to play in front of a firing squad on most days, or at least that's what it feels like.

Young players need patience above anything else. They need to feel the love, encouragement and stability of their environment in order to truly blossom, because they have no idea what it means to actually be a good footballer yet. At this Milan, I have a hard time seeing these 17, 18, or 20 year olds figuring out ways to develop quickly. Just think about it, Miha and his staff are here for now, probably gone by end of season; senior players on the team will be reshuffled again and again; and the fans and media will continue to put a target on their backs because they are the superheroes who are supposed to turn this team around. Who will actually be here to help these young players day in and day out, and make them better? The ever changing coaching staff has to focus on getting results, because their job depends on it; The senior players are all looking for their next team and probably won't waste their time helping the youngsters.

It is always cool to have young talent on teams, but we have to first get our internal issues resolved before we can expect young players to be have a chance at becoming great here. Without that, El Ghazi, Coric or Soldo will just end up the next DES, SES and Pato.

PS: Ernesto Bronzetti passed away today. Galliani lost one of his biggest allies in the soccer world. Is that perhaps why we did so little during the winter mercato? I know Bronzetti is very involved with a lot of the negotiations we get into.
(02-02-2016, 06:16 PM)xudong Wrote: About Witsel, I am getting conflicting information. I am quite sure that I read it elsewhere too that his contract runs out in the summer of 2017, but then I also remember Galliani saying (not verbatim) "we will talk about Witsel again this summer (2016) when he becomes a free man".

I don't know anything about el Ghazi. Dutch league has not produced too many talents since Suarez, so that's not an exciting league for me (feel free to refute me, because I don't really follow it to form an educated and fair opinion Big Grin)

Transfermarkt say Axel Witsel has a contact until 30.06.2017:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/axel-wits...eler/35047

Maybe they're right, maybe they're wrong... Who knows?
Between that website and Galliani, I think I know who I trust more. Wink
to make it simple, transfermarkt sucks Smile not sure who came up with the idea of placing a number on every player on the planet, but theyre so stupidly wrong most of the times.
To me the fee here is very significant, especially the value it puts on Bacca or even Adriano

Atlético Madrid’s Jackson Martínez set to join Guangzhou Evergrande for €42m
We missed out on an incredible chance to turn a profit on Adriano this winter. Evergrande wanted to sign him too, but we refused cause we "couldn't find a replacement". By summer, China league would be in mid season and teams won't be as aggressive signing players as they are right now. Atletico stole Jackson MArtinez from us, watched him flop and then flipped him to Evergrande for a 10M net gain in six months. Now that is smart business. We, on the other hand, have to hold six strikers on the team or else we can't play a game, I guess.
(02-03-2016, 12:33 AM)reza Wrote: To me the fee here is very significant, especially the value it puts on Bacca or even Adriano

Atlético Madrid’s Jackson Martínez set to join Guangzhou Evergrande for €42m

YASS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk