Summer Mercato 2016
(02-11-2016, 09:58 PM)kevinsuave Wrote: Milan are supposedly very interested in Anwar El Ghazi. Thought I'd share this video which gives great insight on his recent form. Do you feel he'd be a good signing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-YyintRo0c

Like I said a sure talent but awful attitude. Most of these things in the video are from the first ten games in the season BTW, his former has dropped severely hitting a real big low last week
Pavoletti is a poor mans Borriello. Big NO to him even if we save 7-8mln from selling Adriano. If we need to count our dollars like that we will never be a top team again. We should definitely sell Adriano, but I dont want another player like him that's for sure. We paid 7-8mln euros for Adriano, even if we only got 8mln from his sale I'd still sell him.

El Ghazi is interesting but maybe there are better options.. I think we're gonna try for Witsel again this summer too. If we manage to sign Witsel, Mammana, Vangioni and El Ghazi and keep Balotelli/sell Adriano we'll have a very promising team for next season minus Zapata and Poli.

Mathias, I read a few things about El Ghazi having a fall out with Ajax that's a pretty valid reason for a player to not play so well, or at least get lazy and demotivated.
naaaah this el ghazi can't live in serie a if he plays like that, 1 month and his legs will be over.
(02-11-2016, 10:52 PM)Mathias Wrote: Like I said a sure talent but awful attitude. Most of these things in the video are from the first ten games in the season BTW,  his former has dropped severely hitting a real big low last week

This is what I am hearing from Dutch fans too.
I've given my opinions on El Ghazi on the first couple of pages of the thread. He's an interesting talent, but I'm not overly optimistic, nor pessimistic, about him.

WCMilan, I think Pavoletti being another Borriello isn't bad for a backup role. tbh, he's a hard worker (read: awkward for defenders) up front and generally gets goals even when coming off the bench. If we do sell Luiz Adriano, who would you want to replace him?

On needing to count dollars based on how much we get from sales, we're in that boat. We're not a top team right now and unless 3rd investment comes in, it's just very unrealistic to expect Silvio to spend much. We saw it in the winter and I think last summer was an anomaly given there was an expectation the Bee deal would be completed. Add to that the situation with UEFA and FFP, we can't spend freely unless we show revenue or a structured plan to how that investment benefits us financially. If we can't spend freely, it makes sense to try and be smart in developing our squad. Pavoletti is certainly not a glamorous name, but if the penny pinching allows us to get a long term partner (e.g. Mammana) for Romagnoli and potentially improve the squad, then we need to do it.

Let's say we luck out and end up with 90m to spend in the summer again like last year, I would still hesitate to spend much of it on an attacker, because for the most part, in many ways it's our most complete department. The majority of that money needs to be invested in a CB and the midfield. Even when Jay and nefremo did the maths a few pages back, in the best case scenario we would look to spend 60m to reinforce areas other than the attack, realistically it was more like 80m. That would mean with a budget of 90m, we'd have 10m to spend on a backup forward.
Ok so this is a stretch of all stretches but...: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footbal...sio-Latest

Though 131 mil is unthinkable, I wonder what realistic price tag we would put on the guy to let him go? Chances are, he may be the one to make room if we don't make CL this season (rather than losing Bonaventura, Bacca and Roma all at once.)
Daily Star is bs, just for the record. Anyway, expect a lot of suitors and expect a lot of money to be offered, because it appears some top teams (and Inter) are willing to pay well over market value for young talents (e.g. Martial, Coman, Kondogbia).

On whether he's sold or not really comes down to motivations of the club and player. If the club are building a project geared to success in the sporting field, then Donnarumma's simply not on the market for any price imo. If the club have focus on the financials, then he will be sold for the "right" price. It's obviously a bit more grey than that, such as if the club feels they can make a huge sum off him to reinvest, but ultimately finances are determining the sporting project at that point, which rarely results in great success. Unlike Luiz Adriano, who is also under discussion lately, I don't consider Donnarumma expendable personally, and imo he's actually integral to rebuilding the future of the side.

Also, player motivation is key, as if he's offered stupid money, then who knows he might push for a transfer (or at least agree). I generally believe the comments that he's a fan though, so I don't think it would take much convincing to make him stay.
131mln pounds... that's a ton of money, that could buy us Ronaldo with Isco on the side. I agree with Dev though, I think it's BS.

I think this can be used as a good example to our management as to why they should continue scouting the right youth. We paid nothing for him, and while I think 131mln pounds is excessive even given his talent and young age, I know we can easily get 50mln euros for him right now if we wanted to. I'm not saying we should scout young players just to sell them off, but even if we spent 50mln on say five young, prospective players.. Even if just one or two of them turn out good (not amazing, just good solid players) you'll probably get 100% return on your investment in todays market.

Juventus has the right idea regarding this in my opinion.

@Dev, I agree that there's nothing wrong with having another Borriello but I'd even go cheaper than that, I think he's going to cost 7-10mln euros and it'll be another Matri affair thats what I'm scared of
Guys, nobody is paying 131mln pounds for Donnarumma. Even the best keepers in the world only goes for maybe 30M, why would anyone spend four to five times that on a 16 year old? That kind of transfer fee are only reserved for Ballon d'or winners, not keepers.

Promoting young players is always a good idea, both from financial sense and from competitive scheme. Our problem is that we do not know how to properly develop the young talents we have. Over the last 10 years or so, we have had some major talents signed to our team, and pretty much all of them ended up doing nothing and were sold without anyone even noticing. Guys like Albertazzi, Nicola Pozzi and Commandini, for example, were at one point the next big thing in Italian soccer. None of these guys could even hold on to a starting role in Serie A after their experiences here. Without the ability to consistently develop youngsters, there is hardly any point in us signing or promoting them into first team. We are simply destroying the careers of these young men.
De Gea in early 20s went for 30 million. Let's not get carried away, Donna has not proven a single thing.