Summer Mercato 2016
Premium - Juventus have asked information to Real Madrid about Mateo Kovacic
Just saw on goal.com we've accepted a 20mill bid for Bacca from West Ham.... I know it's bull, just found it extremely amusing that we'd accept only 20mill all while were still negotiating the deal with the Chinese and that he would consider going to West Ham...
So we signed Bacca for 30M, he has one good season, and we sell him for below what we paid for (rumor has it we are gunning for 25M). And yet Berlu thinks it is the fans who are stupid and can't figure out what's good for the club.
(05-31-2016, 05:09 AM)slifersd Wrote: So we signed Bacca for 30M, he has one good season, and we sell him for below what we paid for (rumor has it we are gunning for 25M). And yet Berlu thinks it is the fans who are stupid and can't figure out what's good for the club.

Exactly.
Didnt we reject a 50-60mill offer in January? Thats what I heard... I'd be surprised if thats all we get for him. Chelsea was after him and they look set to sell off Diego Costa so the minimum I think he'll go for is the 30 we paid for him
If we don't need the money, I wouldn't sell. In other words, if the takeover happens (which it looks like it will at this point, fingers crossed) I wouldn't sell him. The problem however may be the player himself. In recent times he has dropped some hints that he may want to leave, especially if we don't make the EL. If he IS pushing for a sale though, I think the price should be set at the minimum of 30-35mil. No exceptions. If nobody is willing to pay that, than we keep our player who scored 18 goals - 3rd in Italy behind Higuain and Dybala. I don't see a problem in keeping him. There should be no discounts.

Ante Coric made the Croatia team for the Euros. Ever since we were linked to this player in January, I have paid close attention to him and watched as much as I possibly could from him. This kid is so talented, and I hope that we didn't completely abandon the track...or that at least it wasn't false reports that linked us to him. IMO, this is the type of player that our midfield lacks currently. I'm sure his price will shoot up after the Euros however.

Also, Lucas Lima is in the Brazil squad for the Copa America so this is a good opportunity for people to watch him play. He is a very interesting and capable player.

Whatever is going on with the sale, I hope it goes through soon so we can start working on our squad. Silvio won't spend himself like last summer while waiting for money to come in. He got burnt once, he won't do it again and he's made that clear. So until all of this is official, we will have to watch others make moves. The one "good" thing we have going on is the 2 international tournaments right now and clubs will be reluctant to sell until after the Euro and Copa, in hopes that their players' value will raise.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-...ID=TP_HN_2

This makes me laugh... I only have one Torres regret... That we signed him when we did instead of when I was saying back in the day when he was still at Atletico Madrid.... If memory serves me correctly instead of signing Torres we signed Ricardo Oliveira... Another Great move by Galliani...
I don't want to make any premature predictions about the takeover, since I might look like an idiot when it's all said and done. But it certainly looks like Berlu is leaning heavily toward selling. These last few days, Berlu has been going on an interview tour like it's open mic night at the insane asylum, and he certainly sounded like someone who is on his way out, talking trash about fans left and right and center. Not that Berlu was ever the most graceful speaker out there with his ego and all, but I really don't know how he plan on rebuilding relationship and faith with the fans after basically calling the fans stupid and ungrateful.

This summer, to me, is a really good opportunity to upgrade the team without having to spend a fortune. There are a lot of quality players out there that can be had for reasonable prices due to major clubs changing managers. Bayern, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool (changed coach mid season) and Real (ditto) all have new managers in place and therefore will most likely have major squad clean out happening this summer. That is golden opportunity for us to get our hands on some high quality players without having to pay a fortune to prey them away. We will have to do some serious homework to figure out the best fits for our team, but the opportunity is certainly there for us to make dramatic improvements.
(06-01-2016, 02:13 AM)slifersd Wrote: I don't want to make any premature predictions about the takeover, since I might look like an idiot when it's all said and done. But it certainly looks like Berlu is leaning heavily toward selling. These last few days, Berlu has been going on an interview tour like it's open mic night at the insane asylum, and he certainly sounded like someone who is on his way out, talking trash about fans left and right and center. Not that Berlu was ever the most graceful speaker out there with his ego and all, but I really don't know how he plan on rebuilding relationship and faith with the fans after basically calling the fans stupid and ungrateful.

This summer, to me, is a really good opportunity to upgrade the team without having to spend a fortune. There are a lot of quality players out there that can be had for reasonable prices due to major clubs changing managers. Bayern, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool (changed coach mid season) and Real (ditto) all have new managers in place and therefore will most likely have major squad clean out happening this summer. That is golden opportunity for us to get our hands on some high quality players without having to pay a fortune to prey them away. We will have to do some serious homework to figure out the best fits for our team, but the opportunity is certainly there for us to make dramatic improvements.

I agree. Some possible quality players available for low costs are listed below.

Defenders available for a low cost option/ a possible target this summer:
Benatia, Mangala, Javi Martinez, Caceres, Aleix Vidal (saw this on the news today and I was quite excited), Mathieu, and Bartra.

Midfielders available for a low cost option/ a possible target this summer:
Kovacic, Witsel, Matic, Sturaro, Rafinha, Lucas Leiva, Juan Mata, and Joao Moutinho.

Attackers available for a low cost option/ a possible target this summer:
Ibrahimovic, Vasquez, Boufal.

Possible targets that are attainable but not likely: Matuidi, Ben Arfa, Casemiro, Krychowiak, and Benzema (apparently we were linked with him recently).

Ideally, we should sign 2 defenders, 2 midfielders, and 1 attacker. And kick out Brocchi and bring in Pellegrini or Emery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I managed to see Gabriel Barbosa of Santos play in a replay of the match between Brazil and Panama. He played very good, scoring a goal off of a nice touch to control and a cool finish into the bottom corner. He seems like he'll be something special, just has that special something about the way he plays.

On a separate note, another player caught my eye. Lucas Lima, he's 25 years old and plays for Santos, but the guy really looked sharp, and after a considerable amount of research apparently he's been doing really well this season generally. Very interesting player.

We were very heavily linked to Gabriel, and his agent said a move to Milan is possible but we wanted to loan him, and he said he'd only move there if we bought him. This was last May, so roughly a year ago. This is a typical Galliani mistake, how many times is it going to take him until he realizes it just doesn't work? Now, a year later we'd probably pay double if we want him.

I would bring in Gabriel and Lucas Lima if I could. Hand Santos 40million for the pair. They're impressive.