Summer Mercato 2016
But before we sign a striker we should sign a defensive partner for Romagnoli and we need to finally fix our midfield. We need creativity!!
Montella, done deal?

http://www.football-italia.net/86510/rep...milan-done
Lukaku would be more of a symbolic type of signing than anything else. As new ownership comes in, they will want to make some noise right off the bat to impress the fan base. And Lukaku is perfect for that as he is a big name, plays a premium position and has a high price tag. It only makes sense for the new ownership to seek out him or someone like him to announce their arrival. It is not the most sensible way to invest, but it's an inevitability really. I mean, can you imagine the pride new ownership would feel if they can sign one of the hottest players in the EPL? They might as well start wearing capes because they would feel superhero like.

The success or failure of this mercato really depends on what else we do besides the glamour signing. Certainly, 50M for Lukaku is a lot, but he is young, talented and have had success. Outside of him, if we spend 20M on Mustafi and use the rest of the money rebuilding an entire midfield, then we can have some real success next season. I don't necessarily see a Lukaku signing as indication that we are just going to start throwing money at the biggest names regardless of fit or needs. He is more like the fancy restaurant you take a girl to on first date to impress her.
Not sure about your last line Big Grin but good post again slifersd. We need B&G gone, we must not 'pre-worry' about the possible new owners, any way there isn't a long line up of possible alternatives to B&G. Even if they exist they will still let B&G have some power, even if this supposed 80% one will.
So, if like you say, we spend 50mil on Lukaku (plus the huge fee that Raiola will want, don't forget that), and than we spend 20 (it's going to be a lot more than that, but ok) on Mustafi....that makes it 70mil +10 for Lapadula = 80 mil plus agent fees....so probably over 90mil. Rumors all over are that we will spend somewhere around 100mil this summer.
So again, you are willing to drop over 80mil on Lukaku and Mustafi? Well my friend, don't complain when we are terrible again next season. NO money should be spent on strikers until the midfield is fixed. Simple as that.

If the Chinese want a grand signing to rock the football world, than they can go ahead and splash 50/60 mil on a midfielder, or even a winger that can bring some creativity....but not Lukaku!
Looks like Higuain is not renewing with Napoli, 60 million any one? Grinundwech
He has massive talent and he could be the next drogba if he would just learn to be more mobile off the balk and work on his first touch. Then hes easily an 80m striker. He played a pretty good game against hungary, with a high pass succes and good mobility off the balk and creating 4 chances of which 1 offside. Setting up chances: This was unusual for him, but it was nice to see him play like that. He had one chance, where he should have Done beter. But it is clear this guy only functions with a mobile steiler around him

His choices were sometimes a bit weird, passing to the wrong winger. But hes improving, rapidly.

Him, witsel, vermaelen or benatia, candreva. Pls
(06-28-2016, 08:50 PM)nefremo Wrote: So, if like you say, we spend 50mil on Lukaku (plus the huge fee that Raiola will want, don't forget that), and than we spend 20 (it's going to be a lot more than that, but ok) on Mustafi....that makes it 70mil +10 for Lapadula = 80 mil plus agent fees....so probably over 90mil. Rumors all over are that we will spend somewhere around 100mil this summer.
So again, you are willing to drop over 80mil on Lukaku and Mustafi? Well my friend, don't complain when we are terrible again next season. NO money should be spent on strikers until the midfield is fixed. Simple as that.

If the Chinese want a grand signing to rock the football world, than they can go ahead and splash 50/60 mil on a midfielder, or even a winger that can bring some creativity....but not Lukaku!

I don't disagree with what you are saying. Signing Lukaku alone would not solve our problems. But I think we are reading too much into all the stuff that's been reported in the press right now. For example, are we really absolutely sure that our budget is 100M this summer and nothing more (I read somewhere it is 100M to 150M)? Do we know for a fact that all the player sales proceeds would not be reinvested? Would the new owners really give free reign to B&G to just take their money and do whatever they want with it? Without solid answers to those questions, it is hard for us to figure out what the game plan is for this mercato. And to their credit, I don't think B&G and the Chinese have figured all of that details out yet themselves. 

All I am trying to say is, new ownership trying to make a splash signing when they take over is pretty normal. You don't want to take your date to McDonald's for first date, do ya? And hell, even if we only manage to get Lukaku and Mustafi, I have a hard time seeing how we are worse off than last season. Our defense would be rock solid with Mustafi added to it, and Lukaku's physicality up front can give us a different dimension on offense. We are not CL contender with that team, but we are better off than last year for sure. 

For now, let's just relax and not worry about new owners for no reason. These guys have yet shown any signs that they are not serious or terrible, hell, they are probably the only reason Brocchi is not coaching this team right now. Let's see how they handle themselves in the mercato before we all lose our minds and calls for blood.
"Reports suggest Medhi Benatia is close to agreeing a move from Bayern Munich to Juventus."
Sure we are better off with Lukaku and Mustafi....but at what cost? 70, 80 mil? For that kind of money we can be much much better off and not linger around mid table again by spending most of our budget on a striker.

If we have 150mil to spend and we spend 50 of it on a striker, fine. But all the reports for weeks are now saying its 100, and we can only go from that. It might be right, it might be wrong...but that's what we have. We can't go on and justify ridiculous prices for players we don't really need in positions we don't really need...just by saying that we MAY actually have 150 to spend.

I don't know...I see what you are saying. I just think that it's the wrong approach. Like I said, if they want to make a Big Bang in the market and "not take a girl to McDonald's for a first date", than make a Big Bang in the market and invest in the midfield/wings....not a striker.

For example, if I had 100mil to spend on this squad, I would allocate the budget in the following way:
#1) 75mil for either 2 midfielders (attacking midfield goes in here too); or if we use wingers, than this 75 can possibly go to 1 high quality mid and 1 quality winger.
#2) 25mil for a CB to partner Romagnoli

That's it. 3 signings. Make them high quality. No strikers. We already bought Lapadula, still have Bacca and Adriano here. IF we sell one, than one can come in to fill that void. But no need at this point.