Summer Mercato 2016
If they really will invest 400mil in 2 years, than I hope we start seeing some better names linked to us. With that much money, we should not be going after players like Badelj, Soriano, Zielinski.
Wow, that's like ten Bertolaccis each year!  Sagrin
(07-05-2016, 12:21 PM)nefremo Wrote: If they really will invest 400mil in 2 years, than I hope we start seeing some better names linked to us. With that much money, we should not be going after players like Badelj, Soriano, Zielinski.

You also can't go for the top players when you don't play CL (nor Europa League) ...

The names which appear the most in the rumours nowadays are :
- Musacchio
- Kovacic
- Pjaca
- Pelle

Except Pelle, they are all a huge upgrade quality wise and they are all young (Musacchio is 25, the other two are U23 if I'm not wrong).
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Apparently Pjaca and Benatia are on hold while we're waiting for the final signatures. And Galliani is negotiating Musacchio's price with Villarreal.

Sent fra min E5823 via Tapatalk
(07-05-2016, 12:01 PM)millinarios Wrote: Like that 50m guy?

With 400m to spend, would you sign Lapadula?

Seriously ? It can be good to look at the best players in Serie B or in the smaller clubs of Serie A. Of course, we shouldn't buy the Best XI of Serie B 2015-2016 for example, but adding one or two players like that is interesting.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Geo, I think people make too much of the CL thing. Just look at Bacca last year. Everyone said that he'd prefer the CL, it was the same with Jackson and Kondogbia. Look at United for example. Money talks my friend. If players know that they will be joined by other big players (present them a project as they call it), than they will come for the right amount. This is Milan, and the players still know that. They know that if Milan is back to investing, they will enter the CL to actually win it, and not only participate in it.

Having said that, I'm ok with the players you mentioned. I was more talking about the links to Soriano, Zielinski, Badelj....because even though those guys are decent/good players, they won't lift us to where we want to be. We need real quality in there. These players may be good options off the bench and maybe slowly they'll grow into top players....but right now, they don't feel me with confidence.
Spending 400000000 € in the market without looking at tour own youth will set US back a lot more than 400000000€ in the futures. I hope people realiseren that we should ook at tour own youth too, especislly since we will not be in Europe next year and we van give youngsters a shot
Pretty sure 400 million over 2 years on transfers alone will not happen, I mean on transfer fees alone. Whether or not the possible new owners are smart or not remains to be seen but I don't see a problem with spending half of that over 2 years if it means Milan grows with a plan.
I think a considerable amount of that should be spent on young talent (16-19 yr olds) for our primavera. Maybe even 20mil or so. Identify some of the brightest talents in that age bracket and try to get them. Some can stay in the primavera and some can be "loaned" out to grow. Similar to what Juve did with Rugani and Berrardi and many others. The ones that are most ready can be slowly integrated in the first team. I agree with you. It would be completely wrong to ignore the youth system like we pretty much did for a long time in the 90s and 2000s.
Witsel to Napoli is off. He's in talks with Everton. Could we make a new enquiry?