Summer Mercato 2016
Mustachio or Pjaca, I hope either one is confirmed very soon at least, so we all here are not given false hope.

Otherwise we better start posting in fantasy thread hahaha
(07-07-2016, 05:02 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: Whenever I post on my phone it comes out as it did above.Not intentional

It is keeping the text formatting, I have searched a way to fix it for all posts, not just yours but in general. Have to look again.
Happy to see that the traffic of our MM site has increased thanks to all the healthy rumors. Okmilan
About Bacca: While I wouldn't mind keeping him it might also be a good time to sell. He's a great player, but if there's actually an offer of 30 million on the table, then we could reinvest about half of that in a good goalscorer and use the rest to strengthen other areas of the team. 100 million is a lot of money, but it is not enough to rebuild the whole team, so selling him and increasing our total transfer budget by 30% would make a lot of sense.
My dream mercato;

Mustafi
Kross
Andre Gomes
Pjaca
Milik

5 signings makes us a scudetto contender.

Galliani's dream mercato;
injury prone Mussachio
Arbeloa
Mati Fernandes
Rincon
Sosa from Besiktas.
Pavoletti
I like your idea but, Milik is pretty average, Mussachio had a few injuries but if you take into acount that his fracture could have happened to anyone his injuries are within reason, and is Kroos even available?
I don't know anything about this Sosa dude, so naturally I hope we don't sign him. On top of that he is 31, and would cost close to 10mil apparently. We need to allocate our resources (no matter how big they are) better than that imo. There is a lot of media outlets linking us to this guy and I hope it's not true.

I just want us to complete Pjaca and Musacchio already so that we can finally move on to our midfield. Two quality midfielders out of which one a highly technical one, and I would give this summer a 10 out of 10. IF we sell Bacca, than we replace him with a good CF, but doesn't have to be a huge expense, especially if Montella has a good impression of Lapadula (he will have worked with him for a few weeks by than hopefully).

There was a rumor in circulation that Galliani also discussed Coric when he was in Zagreb.

I really hope that the marquee signing that we keep mentioning is a midfielder. Someone of big stature that can impact the game and instantly raise our quality, raise our belief, attitude, enthusiasm...
Apparently we've offered 4 million for Sosa. Not a large amount of money, and it's obvious that he wouldn't be more than a squad player for us. To be honest he's not the kind of players we need though, just due to his age and the fact that he's coming from a small club. He will probably be pretty satisfied with just joining a club like Milan this late in his career. We've made this mistake before.
Defender, 20+mil.
Striker, 10mil.
Winger, 25mil.
Midfielder, 4mil.

Big Grin

I know it's only July 7th, and I know I'm making a meal out of this.....but you can't help but feel frustrated. The most needed upgrade in this team is the midfield.....yet so far, we are ok with spending millions upon millions everywhere else in the squad, EXCEPT for where it's needed most.

Hopefully you are right and this is only a move to get a good squad player, and the best is yet to come (i believe it is). But even so, it's frustrating that we will spend 5/6mil on this guy who is in his 30s, and give him 2-3 year deal of a couple mil at least I'm imagining.......and if he only IS playing a sub role, than we might as well give that "sub role" to a younger player who can grow and improve and perhaps become a starter in the future.......even if initially we may have to pay more in a transfer fee. (let's say Paredes as an example, or Coric)
Getting a bit anxious thinking about the Pjaca deal. There's so much hype around the kid, apparently our deal for him is 25mln euros + bonuses.

Marino in an interview on Milannews says he thinks 25mln is a fair price for Pjaca, and says he thinks he'll be worth 90mln one day. The kids definitely a supertalent, but we havent signed him yet. Apparently the deal for him isnt dependant on the Chinese takeover though, but well use the funds from selling Bacca to buy him, because apparently Bacca is on the verge of leaving to either Valencia or West Ham..

Sosa is a very very classy player. Id prefer him to Valero and Mati if Im honest, but I would take only one of those three. Itll be nice to have a good playmaking midfielder with a little bit of experience, whether it be Borja Valero or Sosa for example, but Id limit it to only 1. Id use our remaining 50m after our apparent deals for Pjaca and Mussachio on two midfielders. Andre Gomes or Pastore or Kovacic for 30m, Paredes for 15-20m maybe?

We would be bringing in Pjaca, Mussachio, Gomes & Paredes for 100m. Then with the sale of Bacca we could purchase a striker and give Besiktas the 5-8mln theyre asking for Sosa. Then depending on other sales (Adriano,Menez,Honda) we could bring in another attacker or two as well - Im not sure who, wed have to be creative because I honestly cant think of many strikers available that arent at top clubs already.

Personally, I am only using Gomes as an example based on what Ive heard and to get the point that the money should be spent on a young super talent. Ive seen him play very few times and while I think hes a good prospect he doesnt show what Verratti did for example. 30-35mln like theyd ask for is somewhat inflated.. Anyone know more about the guy?

Btw, Ivkovic, the guy who discovered Pjaca said even though hes a winger hes very similar to Benzema. Hes the type of player who plays tuttocampo as they call it in attack, which means the entire field.. In other words, he moves around left right centre.. With saying that, maybe Pjaca will make a good 2nd striker.