Summer Mercato 2016
Let's not forget the new rule in Serie A :
- maximum 25 players to register (not more - U21 don't need to be registered though)
- 4 players who spent at least 3 years in an Italian club between 15 and 21yo
- 4 players who spent at least 3 years in the club between 15 and 21yo

This rule is well known of the people who play Football Manager ! Ahah
It's more or less a rule already real in the European competitions. I like it as it forces the clubs to have players from their youth ranks.
That can change things in the mercato for a lot of sides ... For example, guys like Donnarumma or De Sciglio actually have to stay !

Nowadays, here's our team :

3 years in Milan : Ignazio Abate, Luca Antonelli, Mattia De Sciglio, Simone Verdi, Favour Aniekan, Nnamdi Oduamadi, Alessandro Matri
=> That probably means Matri will stay (and who cares, I mean, the guy will not complain to be a 3rd choice).

3 years in an Italian club : Gabriel, Michael Agazzi, Cristian Zapata, Rodrigo Ely, Jherson Vergara, Riccardo Montolivo, Andrea Bertolacci, Andrea Poli, Giacomo Bonaventura, M'Baye Niang, Gianmario Comi, Giacomo Beretta, Gianmarco Zigoni, Matteo Chinellato, Gianluca Lapadula
=> I bet Agazzi, Ely and Niang will be gone before the end of the mercato ...

Others : Diego Lopez, Gabriel Paletta, Juraj Kucka, Juan Alberto Mauri, Jeremy Menez, Keisuke Honda, Suso, Carlos Bacca, Luiz Adriano
=> Can we assume that Diego Lopez, Paletta, Menez, Suso, and one or two of Bacca and Adriano will be gone ?

U21 : Gianluigi Donnarumma, Davide Calabria, Manuel Locatelli, Alessio Romagnoli, José Mauri, Matteo Pessina, Andrej Modic, Davide Di Molfetta, Hachim Mastour
=> We need to keep these U21 who will very soon go, for three of them, in the "3 years in Milan" category and the other two in the "3 years in an Italian club" category ... They are our future.

That's a total of 4+10+8 (+5 U21) players.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
I think M'Baye Niang could somehow be counted as "Home grown" because he only went on loan for 2 half-seasons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%27Baye_Niang

Hoping he stays instead of Matri Big Grin
(07-08-2016, 09:00 AM)PerSempre Wrote: I don't think we need to replace Bacca. We already have Lapadula and Niang, so I'd prefer that the money go somewhere else, preferably in the midfield area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes prioritising midfield but eventually we need to buy someone to replace Bacca(if sold), someone who guarantees 15 goals at least upfront. Otherwise we re just moving the problem from mid to upfront.
(07-08-2016, 09:42 AM)GeoTav Wrote: Let's not forget the new rule in Serie A :
- maximum 25 players to register (not more - U21 don't need to be registered though)
- 4 players who spent at least 3 years in an Italian club between 15 and 21yo
- 4 players who spent at least 3 years in the club between 15 and 21yo

This rule is well known of the people who play Football Manager ! Ahah
It's more or less a rule already real in the European competitions. I like it as it forces the clubs to have players from their youth ranks.
That can change things in the mercato for a lot of sides ... For example, guys like Donnarumma or De Sciglio actually have to stay !

Nowadays, here's our team :

3 years in Milan : Ignazio Abate, Luca Antonelli, Mattia De Sciglio, Simone Verdi, Favour Aniekan, Nnamdi Oduamadi, Alessandro Matri
=> That probably means Matri will stay (and who cares, I mean, the guy will not complain to be a 3rd choice).

3 years in an Italian club : Gabriel, Michael Agazzi, Cristian Zapata, Rodrigo Ely, Jherson Vergara, Riccardo Montolivo, Andrea Bertolacci, Andrea Poli, Giacomo Bonaventura, M'Baye Niang, Gianmario Comi, Giacomo Beretta, Gianmarco Zigoni, Matteo Chinellato, Gianluca Lapadula
=> I bet Agazzi, Ely and Niang will be gone before the end of the mercato ...

Others : Diego Lopez, Gabriel Paletta, Juraj Kucka, Juan Alberto Mauri, Jeremy Menez, Keisuke Honda, Suso, Carlos Bacca, Luiz Adriano
=> Can we assume that Diego Lopez, Paletta, Menez, Suso, and one or two of Bacca and Adriano will be gone ?

U21 : Gianluigi Donnarumma, Davide Calabria, Manuel Locatelli, Alessio Romagnoli, José Mauri, Matteo Pessina, Andrej Modic, Davide Di Molfetta, Hachim Mastour
=> We need to keep these U21 who will very soon go, for three of them, in the "3 years in Milan" category and the other two in the "3 years in an Italian club" category ... They are our future.

That's a total of 4+10+8 (+5 U21) players.

Nice work Smile congrats on france to the final
(07-08-2016, 11:55 AM)Aficio Wrote: I think M'Baye Niang could somehow be counted as "Home grown" because he only went on loan for 2 half-seasons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%27Baye_Niang

Hoping he stays instead of Matri Big Grin

No, Niang spent 2 years and a half in the Milan ranks before his 21th birthday. As a consequence, he won't be homegrown. He's in the "3 years in Italy" category because he was sent in Genoa for half a season.

Thanks edysim, I didn't create anything, just worked on one of the articles on TMW.
For France, I couldn't care less ! Sagrin
We seem to be in a very good situation. We basically satisfy all the categories without even having to use our u-21s. And if we do sell someone, we can always register a u21 that will satisfy the rule.
(07-08-2016, 12:05 PM)nefremo Wrote: We seem to be in a very good situation. We basically satisfy all the categories without even having to use our u-21s. And if we do sell someone, we can always register a u21 that will satisfy the rule.

Who would have thought that before ?! Devilol
Geo, great work you started there! Okmilan
Nicely explained Geo. I posted about the ruling a little while ago and honestly we're actually in a decent spot for this. I'd like to believe that this will have the desired effect, that young talents developed in Italy (which inevitably means mostly Italian players), will be given better opportunities to grow at the highest level. I know it might seem kind of nationalistic or xenophobic (despite me not being Italian) in me saying I want to see Italians being given space to develop, but I think the key is always balance. Germany and Spain are great examples of this, where homegrown talents are given opportunities to flourish despite no shortage of foreign players being offered space in the competitions.

My issue in Italy is talents aren't given the opportunities, whether it be to offer space to the seemingly more attractive foreign names, or whether it be due to cost (Italians do cost more domestically). As much as I value the input of foreign players and what they bring, I think it needs to be for the right reasons, either to fill gaps that Italian teams have or to bring quality into the league to make it richer and of a higher standard.

My personal preference would be that this sort of ruling isn't needed, that Italian clubs themselves would understand that balancing domestic and overseas players themselves is actually beneficial to the long term success of the club. Instead, I fully expect that a lot of clubs will use loopholes to try and work around the system (e.g. buy players to loan out for a few years domestically to make them eligible or sticking their youth players in roles of no real use).
[Image: combo.menez.grasso.magro.750x450.jpg]

SELL HIM ASAP ! PLEASE !