Juan Manuel Mata - Spain
Pavel Nekhaychik - Belarus
Yaroslav Rakitskiy - Ukraine
Xherdan Shaqiri - Switzerland
Gylfi Sigurdsson - Iceland
Daniel Sturridge - England
Thiago Alcantara - Spain

Hopefully some Milan scouts will be there. Big Grin Eriksen FTW! Devilcool
"We are a team of devils. Our colours are red as fire, and black, to invoke fear in our opponents!"
Herbert Kilpin

Nella gioia e nell' dolore, per il Milan eterno amore!
where is our almighty Italy? Big Grin Sad
aka xudong
They didn't qualify. Sad

Though this is a very interesting tournament mind you. Big Grin
"We are a team of devils. Our colours are red as fire, and black, to invoke fear in our opponents!"
Herbert Kilpin

Anybody watching England vs Spain? Hopefully it's interesting.
Herbert Kilpin

England - Spain 1:1

I've just watched the second half of the match.

England deserve the draw. Spain are still at warm-up state, IMO.

To my surprise, Didac Vila is the LB (I thought he is 22), and he played very well. His tactical awareness is good, always presented at the right place. He is best at playing one-two with attacking partners. He showed some skills: nutmeg, rabona pass, letting the ball go through and I was amazed when he could kick the ball falling from high above (some tens of meters) to make a pass. I didn't see any crosses, but he could send some low passes precisely from 40m apart.

However, Spain controlled this match so he has the confidence, and other attacking stars attracted most of the attention for him to move freely. That reminds me of Antonini when there was Ronaldinho. He will be better than Antonini if he plays more aggressive, builds up more muscles and trains his crosses.

I like number 4 of Spain. Number 8 of England caught my eyes in the beginning of second half but he faded too fast and England were out of idea. Spain defended tightly in the center, while England wing players could only send some Oddo crosses.

IMO, man of the match is number 5 of England. He was a wall, intercepted every attack and his vision and quick long pass resulted the equalizer for England.
Right now he's only on loan at Espanyol right? I liked him too tonight. He's 22 but I think there is a certain amount of players over 21 that can be included in the squad. Mata is 23, Javi Martinez is 24. Didac can improve a lot in my opinion.

Number 4 of Spain is Javi Martinez, currently playing at Athletic Bilbao. He's a quality box to box midfielder, and can play also as a destroyer (from what I've seen at Athletic, I have a soft spot for them, try to watch as many games as I can.)

Number 8 of England is Jordan Henderson,a not-so-great but over hyped central midfielder whom Liverpool just bought for 20M GBP! Big Grin

Number 5 of England is Chris Smalling who plays for Manchester United. He's a quality defender even at this age, and can improve a lot in the future.

I was hoping to see Bojan and Muniain starting tonight for Spain, especially Muniain, a product from Athletic Bilbao, 18 years old and already a starter for them. His style of play is a bit like Messi, but on the left wing, cutting inside with the right foot. Good touch, good dribbling, good shot, decent eye for goal etc. Should become a great player in a few years.

Oh and forgot: Is there any worse player than Danny Rose, the number 20 of England? Big Grin
Herbert Kilpin

Thank you for the info. Okmilan

Wiki says this tournament started 2 years ago, so players who are 23 now can play.

Didac had a good match yesterday, but I think his style doesn't suit Milan. We need the no-nonsense type of defender, not eye pleasing one. However, with his level of skill, speed and fitness, he can't be a really performer. I'm afraid that he would become another Antonini who is neither a left back or left mid. He can't attack on his own. On defense, he can't steal the ball from the opponents and going down after most of physical contacts.

He has the potential to become one of the best Spanish LBs, but like Coloccini, he might never cut out for Milan.

Ferguson surely has an eye for talent. Smalling is already a very good CB, this level is easy for him.

I really like Javi Martinez. I hadn't watched him before this match, but from what I saw, he is another Busquet for Spain. This DM can cover for the attackers and can pass the ball. I think Barcelona should buy him, not Marcherano who turn out to be a CB Big Grin He is a good replacement for Van Bommel.

So number 8 is that famous player, Liverpool are still rich Big Grin

If number 20 played on the left for England, I agree with you completely Big Grin

I forgot number 14, Kyle Walker who assisted the equalizer. His runs were quite dangerous.

England have a good squad, IMO.
I watched the game too. Again, I didn't see anything special in Vila. Spain played their fluid football as usual. But possession without killer passes is rather boring. Having said that, that Ander Hererra kid was pretty good IMO. Once, out of nowhere, he sent a pass that would make Xavi proud.

I also watched the game between Denmark-Switzerland because I wanted to see Eriksen but he was pretty anonymous throughout the match. Could be a bad day at the office though since I've seen his few games with Ajax and I liked what I saw.

Anyways, I always rate a season long competition than this 3-week tournament. Because in the latter, almost anyone who happens to be enjoying his game can suddenly look like the next world-beater only to fail just as spectacularly on club level. Our Adiyiah is the latest example. Somebody from Norway (?) on the old forum said that even there Adiyiah was not that special; other said that since he won 3 trophies (the WC trophy as well as MVP and top scorer) he couldn't be bad. And we all know where he ended up now..
free loan with option to buy ™
The good thing about this tournament is that most of the players who are expected to shine are somewhat well established at their respective clubs, for example, Eriksen at Ajax, Juan Mata at Valencia, Iker Munianin and Javi Martinez at Athletic Bilbao etc etc.

I don't think Didac is another Antonini, simply because Didac is mostly a defensive full back, Antonini is more of an attacking full back (well, at least he tries to be Big Grin). Also the Spaniard is good tactically and has a good sense of positioning. If he becomes a starter at us the next year, a good option would be playing a defensive line like Inter or Barcelona, the right back is an attacking full back (Maicon, Daniel Alves, Abate for us) and the left beck a defensive one (Chivu, Abidal, Didac for us). That way you have a 3 man defense most of the time, thus allowing Abate to have more attacking freedom through the right flank to make more forward runs, supporting the attack.
Herbert Kilpin

I hope you're right, because I saw him on opponent's field more Big Grin