Friendly: Italy vs. Spain (August 9, 2011)
International Friendly on Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Italia vs. Spagna

Lineups:

Italia

---------------Cassano------------Rossi--------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------Aquilani--------------------------------
------------Pirlo------------------------De Rossi---------------
--------------------------Motta-----------------------------------
Criscito--------------------------------------------------Maggio
-------------------Chiellini-------Ranocchia---------------------
----------------------------Buffon--------------------------------

Spagna

------------------------Torres-----------------------------
----Villa--------------------------------------------Iniesta
--------------Alcantara--------Xabi Alonso-------------
-----------------------Busquets-------------------------
Iraola-----------------------------------------------Arbeloa
---------------Pique-----------Albiol----------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------Casillas-----------------------------

I like Italy's lineup a lot but the fact that Abate is not the RB is highly annoying. What does he need to do to take the spot from Maggio???

I remember Santon was given his call-up not long after breaking into Inter first team, all the while containing Cristiano Ronaldo in UCL game. Now Abate has achieved just as much, even more because he was consistent throughout the entire season while Santon faded after a promising half season.

I know our judgments might be biased because we're Milanisti, but I think we can't think of any other reasons but every coach has their own bizarre preferred players. Besides it's not that Prandelli's choices for RB (Maggio, Cassani) are that much better than Abate anyway
per l'amaro e il dolce
Is Abate Italian lol.Why is he not in the squad at least , he is maybe the best RB Italy have atm.
Spain's defense is much weaker than WC2010 (on paper). Azzuri might have a chance.

Abate's form is great, but he must improve his crosses and/or shots. Other Italian RBs defense worse than him but they help the attack better.
(08-10-2011, 12:46 PM)Aficio Wrote: Spain's defense is much weaker than WC2010 (on paper). Azzuri might have a chance.

Abate's form is great, but he must improve his crosses and/or shots. Other Italian RBs defense worse than him but they help the attack better.

So, that is the reason why Abate not called up?
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
Maybe so, I'm not Prandelli Big Grin Abate should make more crosses and passes like in the last 2 derbies to impress him.

That's the most logical reason I can think of. The superstitious reasons could be even Tassotti (his personal teacher) got his first call up at 32 (Sacchi), or Milan's RBs often have bad luck with NT.