Summer transfer window 2017
Welcome to MM donlocatelli
(02-13-2017, 04:27 PM)reza Wrote: Welcome to MM donlocatelli

thanksĀ  Devilcool
we need a summer mercato like inter a couple seasons ago where they signed 10 players and sold 15 (mostly fodders). fassone + mirabelli were in charge then so hopefully can repeat the job. they signed kondogbia, miranda, murillo, biabiany, jovetic, melo & perisic outright whilst llajic, montoya & telles were loan deals. therefore there's no reason why we can't fill out the squad with a few loan with option deals too. they also sold shaqiri, kovacic + hernanes for 60m+ so hopefully we can get decent prices for bacca, niang + sosa. something which has definitely been lacking with galliani at the helm.
Welcome to MM DonLocatelli. Smile
^ thanks!
If you look at that list, Only Miranda, Murillo, and Perisic have been constants in the starting 11 and have stayed. Kondogbia is only now coming into his own, so I will add him to that list. The rest of them, (Biabiany, Jovetic, Melo, Ljajic, Montoya, Telles) are either no longer there because they didn't perform or they haven't seen the field in ages and don't deserve to.

I don't think the way to go is to sign that many players. I would rather sign 3-4 quality starters, and when we introduce them to the team, they basically take the spots of current "starters"...while these "current" starters I am talking about are just relegated to the bench. The current bench players are the ones that need to be sold, plus some others whose time is basically up for one reason or anther.

In other words, Paletta is more than good enough to be a back up or a rotation player, it's just that he is not good enough to be a starter imo. The same goes with Kucka, Antonelli, Bertolacci, Pasalic. The point I am trying to make is we have the back ups already here. What we need is the starters. Whereas Inter seemed to buy everything that summer, starters and back ups....and in all honesty, it was an absolute mess that just recently seems to have been somewhat straightened out.

By the way....welcome to MM. Great discussion...
(02-13-2017, 05:11 PM)nefremo Wrote: If you look at that list, Only Miranda, Murillo, and Perisic have been constants in the starting 11 and have stayed. Kondogbia is only now coming into his own, so I will add him to that list. The rest of them, (Biabiany, Jovetic, Melo, Ljajic, Montoya, Telles) are either no longer there because they didn't perform or they haven't seen the field in ages and don't deserve to.

I don't think the way to go is to sign that many players. I would rather sign 3-4 quality starters, and when we introduce them to the team, they basically take the spots of current "starters"...while these "current" starters I am talking about are just relegated to the bench. The current bench players are the ones that need to be sold, plus some others whose time is basically up for one reason or anther.

In other words, Paletta is more than good enough to be a back up or a rotation player, it's just that he is not good enough to be a starter imo. The same goes with Kucka, Antonelli, Bertolacci, Pasalic. The point I am trying to make is we have the back ups already here. What we need is the starters. Whereas Inter seemed to buy everything that summer, starters and back ups....and in all honesty, it was an absolute mess that just recently seems to have been somewhat straightened out.

By the way....welcome to MM. Great discussion...

thanks for the welcome! i agree with most of what you've said but would add that biabany, melo, llajic & telles were favourites of mancini and were only let go due to management changes (de boer/pioli hated biabany/melo) or to fund upgrades like candreva/gabigol. whilst i agree we've got a decent set of backups, i still think we need to sign more than 3-4 players. imo we need a new lb (move des to rb), a star cb, 2 new mids (1 star and 1 promising youngster e.g. dahoud/tielemans/pellegrini) and 2 wingers (1 with ability to play cf like keita). that's 6 new players.

imo only donna, roma, des, loca, bona + suso should be untouchable. abate, antontelli, paletta + bertolacci are very good backups but everyone else should be up for sale if the price is right. i'm against signing pasalic (average player) or keeping mediocre players like kucka + sosa who's combined value could net us badelj who'd be a quality player to rotate with loca at dm.
what do you guys think of signing darmian? he can play on either flank or in the middle so would be a great option to rotate with des. he's serie a + nt proven and has been in and out of the utd squad so a loan + option should be possible. it would also satisfy berlusconi's fetish for fielding a squad full of academy players. if we signed aubameyang we'd have donna, darmian, des, loca + auba all from the youth academy haha.
I don't necessarily disagree with anything you are saying. I would also love to get 6-7 new players. I am just afraid that we will not have the budget to bing in 6-7 class players, and we will end up buying just average players again. For this reason, I would rather sign 3-4 class players at 50mil each (for example), rather than 7 players for 20-25 mil each. The difference in quality we would get from a 50mil player compared to a 20mil player can be quite significant if the correct players are pursued. But, having said that, maybe it is possible to get 3-4 class players + 2-3 "up and coming/established" players for cheaper like let's say Kessie/Badelj.

About De Sciglio, I personally would remove him from that untouchable category. I think at this point, even his biggest fans have to start doubting the guy. If he does stay, I would like for him to be a RB permanently as at least, I think his performances will be somewhat better....because he is completely useless on the left side.

About Darmian....he would basically be another De Sciglio. He is not better to be honest. So than we might as well keep De Sciglio. What we really need is a left footed LB that's able to do what Montella wants from the fullbacks......which is play 50-60 meters from our goal consistently to support the attack and provide width in the attacking third...at which point the fullback will also be dangerous in the attacking phases by being able to take a player on, combine with others, get to the byline, whip crosses in, etc. As crazy as it is to say this....currently, Abate is the only fullback that somewhat does this...although poorly. I am hoping that by moving De Sciglio on the right side, he can perhaps do this better than Abate. Calabria is still an unknown.

As a matter of fact, I don't think of Antonelli as a great player...but whenever he is on the field...just because of the fact that he is left footed, he creates so much more danger on the left side by being able to use the overlapping run properly and get to the byline to use his dominant foot. Whereas even if De Sciglio gets there, the end product is more often than not, very disappointing.
Welcome to MM, donlocatelli!

I don't mind Darmian. He would be good, but I heard that he is (was?) Inter bound.