Summer transfer window 2017
9/10 for me
if only we could get rid of sosa and paleta
11/10 Mercato. Reinforced smartly. Conducted business transparently and most important, got it done early enough. This team is more than capable of CL qualification and now Montella's real test begins. Barring massive injury crisis, he should be able to get this team in the top 3.

We have a competitive midfield, a competitive attack. One of the best defenses in Serie A. A couple of more mercatos and we could possibly have a world class squad. Most of all, I am very thankful for this new management. this is how business should be done.
(09-01-2017, 05:16 AM)sylrus Wrote: 9/10 for me
if only we could get rid of sosa and paleta

We still can....Turkey
(09-01-2017, 06:08 AM)somedevil Wrote: 11/10 Mercato. Reinforced smartly. Conducted business transparently and most important, got it done early enough. This team is more than capable of CL qualification and now Montella's real test begins. Barring massive injury crisis, he should be able to get this team in the top 3.

We have a competitive midfield, a competitive attack. One of the best defenses in Serie A. A couple of more mercatos and we could possibly have a world class squad. Most of all, I am very thankful for this new management. this is how business should be done.

Totally agree. I never expected such shrewd business from our management after a protracted selling of the club. I thought, at best, they would enter the market with scattergun approach like many clubs did in their first year being rich.

Statement signing is good. But what's even better is identifying the problems and addressing them and that's what F&M have been doing.

It's a breath of fresh air after Galliani's scavenging days of condor.
per l'amaro e il dolce
Good enough for our season, the first four months at least. Don't forget, we still have chances to buy during January.
Getting rid of all but three Festerfodder this summer has to be the second best thing about our mercato. Obviously signing and integrating 7 new starters and 4 bench players to our remaining talent makes this a perfect 10/10 for me.
Never have I seen any team perform this big of an upgrade in first team quality in such a short amount of time.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
8,5/10 ,half of grade down because of Borini and Kalinic. I understand ,as I said before ,that there were no money for more superstars ,I just think that FM could find better solutions for money they spent on those two. Hope they will prove me wrong. Well ,actualy I hope only for Kalinic ,the other one is lost case. One grade down because they didn't found better coach to fit most of our signings.
About players leaving ,as majority of you I hoped that we'll get rid of few more ,but there we can't blame our new managment ,just greedy individuals who can't realise that they are not welcomed here anymore. Or they can but they don't care.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
Thanks to all sharing their thoughts. As mentioned I rated the mercato a 9. I think it was excellent, with 9 excellent signings and Borini and Antonio Donnarumma.

In terms of the players we got, I think we've already seen what many can bring as Musacchio's had a very good start, Bonucci's proving he's a leader we needed, Biglia's shown glimpses of what he'll bring despite his injury and the wingbacks have proven they can be top level. Then of course there's Kessie, who has proven to be a marvel so far.

I think Andre Silva and Calhanoglu have shown glimpses of their potential, but I think given their roles, the types of players they are and their age, they will need more time than others to settle, but I have little doubts there's quality there that might be of great value in the future.

Kalinic was a slight disappointment for me, not so much because I have any real issues with him (I actually liked him in Fiorentina), but just that he's the experienced "reliable" forward in our squad, when I had hoped we'd get a more proven name there.

That leaves me with the disappointments. I think we could have done with one more top player up front, with never hiding my desire to see Aubameyang return. In addition, I'd have liked to have seen another 2 way midfielder added to the squad, I do have some slight worries if Kessie is injured this season. Some might argue we should have kept Kucka and that might be a fair point, but I don't regret losing him personally as I've never rated him.

We also had a mixed to positive performance on sales. DES perhaps went for a low fee, but in context of what we got Bonucci for it was great business. The Niang deal was actually really good, as I think were deals for other players we sold that were pretty much worthless. We've struggled to get rid of the odd player more, which is a shame, but I don't hold it against the management and it doesn't really impact my feeling on the mercato overall.

One factor I think many have missed is our work in the youth sector, where we've made a number of additions for players with a decent amount of potential. Again, we were close to the marquee youth signing yesterday in Pellegri, but just missed out. That said, he looks set to join in January which would be fantastic imo.

I think we've laid hugely significant foundations for the medium to long term future this summer. Fassone and Mirabelli were impeccable in June and July with the mercato, and while things dropped off in August, the importance of the early work shouldn't be underestimated.

9/10, a spectacular mercato that just missed the cherry on top.

Now it's down to Montella to get the best out of what he has. He's got a very competitive group and by January I fully expect us to be challenging in and around the top 4.
There is a backdrop yesterday Aubameyang he was at Gallarate (10 minutes to Milanello)he hoped to the last he could go at Milan.
I am happy that the management is already thinking of the January window.
An interesting bit today...

http://www.milannews.it/news/tmw-ajax-ac...aio-266614

Looks like Dortmund tried to secure Dolberg at the end of the market, but were too late so most likely in January now. That could mean Auba's free to leave.