Summer transfer window 2017
WCMilan... agree on pretty much everything but out of the three strikers, Morata is still my least preferred.
3 Wingers is a must and looks like There's more traction on rumours that Douglas Costa is leaving so he could be an option and clearly the best one. I'd love to also get our hands on BErnardo Silva...
Gigio
Conti - Musacchio - Roma - Rodriguez
Biglia - Gustavo - Bona as a good, balanced midfield. with guys like Kessie, Loca and hopefully a Pellegrini
Silva - Auba/Belotti - Costa

What a team! We got from scraping in to 6th spot to a team capable of fighting for 2nd and causing Juve problems
Guys, it seems Morata will be our main striker signing for about 60 million euro. We have this money for a striker regardless anybody leaves.
What if we sell Bacca for 20 million euro, and give this cash plus Niang, Kucka, Poli (Mihajlovic loves them) plus another 20 million euro to Torino for Belotti? I would prefer Belotti over Keita!
I am dreaming a Morata-Belotti striking partnership, behind them Suso or Bonaventura. I think, it will be more prolific than a one striker two wingers line-up!
Morata will be the first striker, Belotti who is more mobile, will be a second striker like Inzaghi and Shevchenko.
Damn the days that we have a partnership like inzaghi and sheva again makes me droll and dreaminh. Cmon guys make it reasonable pls. Although we do have the money, no way we are getting those 2 in the same mercato. I prefer belotti over morata though.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
€60m and €7.5m a season in wages.Thats way too much for Morata IMO.I have never said he's bad but at best we've just paid (if the news is true) superstar money for a 10-15 goal a season player.While we will improve we dont have Bale Modric Isco Kroos Rodriguez Ronaldo and the rest of the Madrid team to supply him , nor do we have Tevez Pogba Pirlo Marchisio and Juves wing backs.This could be a very very costly error.I fear we've been Andy Carroll'D...hes better than that clearly but €60m...seems like our owners wanted a huge transfer Aubameyang prob wasnt possible and I guess Cairo wont accept the same for Belotti.
Signing a Real bench player who theyre more than happy to sell even with Benzema likely to leave is not a statement signing.I hope im wrong and he starts banging in goals left and right if the news is true.
(05-25-2017, 08:36 AM)Jay Crisp Wrote: While we will improve we dont have Bale Modric Isco Kroos Rodriguez Ronaldo and the rest of the Madrid team to supply him , nor do we have Tevez Pogba Pirlo Marchisio and Juves wing backs.This could be a very very costly error.I fear we've been Andy Carroll'D...hes better than that clearly but €60m...seems like our owners wanted a huge transfer Aubameyang prob wasnt possible and I guess Cairo wont accept the same for Belotti.

This. That midfield will have Bacca scoring 30 a season. Personally, I don't see anything special about Morata. For that price, we need a whole lot of special.
Im too less convinced that Morata is what we need upfront, not saying he's not good, a proven starter like Belotti or Aubemyang would def improve us better.

The mgt better focuses more on midfield as that has been our problems for years..
Our main issue has always been chance creation first and finishing second. Bacca can probably make 25-35% of his chances, if he had the proper service. Even Lapadula would probably be able to finish more if he had the chances to shoot from decent positions.

In my opinion, having a sure finisher is important, but not as important as having a midfield that is able to provide our strikers with 10-20 chances a game to shoot from. It's all a matter of percentages, the more chances you make, the more likely you'll score. Our midfield has been a sore spot for almost 8 years now. No matter how good the caliber of strikers we get, they'll still be useless if we aren't able to feed the ball properly to them.

Auba would've been preferable, but he's never actually done well in Serie A, so regardless of his Bundesliga record, we really don't know how things will turn out. Bellotti I'm all for considering his age and his current form (though whether he can repeat this next season is also in question), but if the restriction on us is the price, then Management picking up on Morata is understandable. He's 24, has experience in Italy, played for top clubs and can still score a decent amount of goals. He may be 3rd choice of the fans, but I feel like management are being prudent about this.

What we really need to fix first is our midfield.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
Chinesse just officaly declared 100% tax on transfers starting this transfer window (you pay 50M for player ,you need to pay 50 more for tax) so most likely all transfers like Douglas Costa (who was linked with us. and also with China more likely than Europe) will be canceled. There's opportunity to chase them again.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
I'm pretty confused about the general opinion on Morata and Belotti, as to me saying Belotti is any more proven a goalscorer than Morata is far from true. Belotti's been fantastic this season and has scored freely since the start of 2016 now, but he's a player in a team that's been set up with him as the end product. In every respect, in Torino he's the player everyone looks to for goals.

Morata's situation from the start of his career has been significantly different. He's always played in the shadow of others, especially at Real. He's never been used as the target man up front and isn't a guaranteed starter like Belotti (who probably wouldn't start in either Juve or Real either). It's even questionable in whether he should be used as a target man, because he's a very good all round player in his own right, he's much more complete overall than Belotti.

This isn't to say I think Morata's better than Belotti or vice versa, my point is both come with their strengths and their own risks. Honestly, if I was to choose between the two without consideration of cost, I'd choose Morata. For me he's been playing at the highest levels longer than Belotti, he's got experience of playing at the very highest clubs and is acclimatised to the pressures that comes with that (never mind smaller teams looking to close spaces that Belotti may not be used to) and overall he's a much more complete forward than Belotti in terms of technical quality and how he works with teammates (note that Morata has a very good number of assists at both Juve and Real).

Just to clarify, I'd be happy with any one of Aubameyang, Morata or Belotti, each have their own qualities, but there's a lot of consideration needed when discussing who's the best fit.

More and more the rumours are suggesting Keita's chosen Juve. If so, I'd love for us to blitz for Schick and take him from under their noses. The guy is a star in the making imo, and with the way he and Morata move, they could be a nightmare for defences as a partnership.

In addition, if DES is set on going to Juve, as mentioned the other day, I'd insist we get Rugani in return (I'd even pay on top for him), it could give us a great opportunity to play with a 3 man defence in the coming season.
The fact that people are arguing over Aubameyang, Belotti, and Morata is great. Who would the argument have been last window? Shit player vs. Shit player. It's good to see things are getting back to normal