Summer transfer window 2017
(09-03-2017, 05:14 AM)WCmilan Wrote: I liked Sosa last year, I thought his passing range was pretty decent... Better than Montolivo IMO.

Yes, but the man is more of an attacking midfielder than a defensive one, and it's in that resgista roll that we've been having heaps of trouble with since our old legends left us. 
The biggest issue I had with Sosa last year was that he was pretty weak when coming up against opponents. His passing range is good and all, but he needs the extra second to aim and spray it. When coming up against Serie A opponents who are constantly biting at your heels, you need to be ready to make the play, instead of taking your time to decide what to do, unless you are able to hold the ball and make space for yourself of course. For Sosa, I just don't like how he gets stripped of the ball when under pressure. I'm pretty sure that's one of the reasons why he's been used sparingly too.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
It's interesting to see this is the new "team" we've brought this summer:

----------------A.Donnarumma------------------
Conti-----Mussacchio-----Bonucci-----------RR
----------------------Biglia------------------------
---------Kessie--------------Calhanoglu---------
-Borini-------------------------------A.Silva------
----------------------Kalinic------------------------

Frankly speaking, that's a pretty awesome side if you ask me. Quite a superb achievement.

In reality, I think we'll see a shift of system and would like to see a lineup perhaps more like this...

-----------------Donnarumma-----------------------
-------Musacchio---Bonucci----Romagnoli--------
Conti---------Kessie-----------Biglia-------------RR
-------Suso--------------------Bonaventura/Calhanoglu
------------------Silva/Kalinic/Cutrone--------------

That isn't the only solution, but right now based on what we have seems to be the most balanced lineup and we will realistically have options off the bench to be able to keep this system (or a very similar one) even if we lose any players to injury.

All in all, it's hard not to feel satisfaction from the summer dealings.
For me until players like Chalanoglu and Andre Silva they will not be in the best shape and until we will not be ready to play with a defense at 3 the best module and one that has more guarantees is 4.3.3

Donnarumma
Conti,Bonucci,Romagnoli(Musacchio),RR
Kessie,Biglia,Montolivo
Bonaventura,Kalinic,Suso.
(09-03-2017, 11:30 PM)PassiamoAlleCoseFormali Wrote: For me until players like Chalanoglu and Andre Silva they will not be in the best shape and until we will not be ready to play with a defense at 3 the best module and one that has more guarantees is 4.3.3

Donnarumma
Conti,Bonucci,Romagnoli(Musacchio),RR
Kessie,Biglia,Montolivo
Bonaventura,Kalinic,Suso.

Kessie,Biglia,Montolivo 
WOuld rather see Borini playing as LW to drop bonaventura into CM instead of see Montolivo starting with Biglia.
Yeah there's no way I'd consider Montolivo for the lineup right now. Bonaventura looks set to return soon so I'd have either him or Calhanoglu in midfield with the other on LW if we stick to 4-3-3.

Admittedly, I'm confused by the praise Montolivo is getting especially after the game vs Cagliari. Montella praised him which I found strange, but then there's been members of the press that are constantly asking the question if his form has suddenly improved because the pressure of the armband is now gone. I agree he's shown some slight improvements (other than Shkendija, where he was good), but going from being a major liability to slightly less of a liability isn't really good enough for me. I find it all bizarre and clearly must be missing something.
Saw Juve and Inter are after Goretzka after it's said Bayern don't have him secured.

http://www.football-italia.net/109361/ju...n-goretzka
https://www.football-italia.net/109374/i...etzka-race

If true, we should be looking at him as he's a very good player, one which would be of use in our midfield for sure.
Sosa looks a smart midfielder but not his passings.. it was all over places. He must leave.
Here's a list of players that are out of contract next summer:

Top names: Messi, Alexis, Ozil, Isco, Giminez, De Vrij, Goretzka, Blind, Bernard, Luan, Emre Can

https://www.transfermarkt.com/statistik/...evertraege
(09-04-2017, 09:11 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Admittedly, I'm confused by the praise Montolivo is getting especially after the game vs Cagliari. Montella praised him which I found strange, but then there's been members of the press that are constantly asking the question if his form has suddenly improved because the pressure of the armband is now gone. I agree he's shown some slight improvements (other than Shkendija, where he was good), but going from being a major liability to slightly less of a liability isn't really good enough for me. I find it all bizarre and clearly must be missing something.

De Sciglio was also praised by Montella, Mihajlovic, Allegri and Ventura yet he has never shown anything to deserve that praise. They're trying to look after his delicate feelings because he couldn't handle the pressure of criticism.

Coaches praising players could be to motivate them to do better. I noticed that was the case with Montolivo all of last year. Even when Montolivo got injured, most of the football-literate fans celebrated that we didn't have to suffer with Montolivo in the field and Montella said "you all have no idea how important Montolivo's loss will have on our season". We then went on an amazing streak beating Juventus (twice) on the way and were in the top 3 for a brief period. We did however play much better with Locatelli instead of Montolivo but Montella kept his loyalty to Montolivo and immediately started him when he returned.

A coach praising a player's performance doesn't necessarily equate to him having a good performance I have learnt over the years. Coaches (Mourinho especially) have often said untrue facts and biased opinions just to boast the ego/confidence of his players.
Zaccardo possibly to Inter.  Devilol