Int'l Football
If anyone wants comic relief, go watch Argentina's defending in their 6-1 defeat today against Spain. I don't get why respected pundits still say how Argentina has such an amazing squad, etc etc. Argentina literally only has great forwards. Their midfield is crap and the defenders and keeper even worse. On top of that, their so called big named forwards (except Messi) are all garbage when they represent the national team. Unless if Messi pulls some heroics in the summer, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't make it past the group stage
Siamo a posto cosi.
I watched Germany and Brazil. Both look like interesting teams to watch in the WC, though both appeared to have flaws that need looking at.

This Brazil looks the least "Brazilian" side I ever remember seeing. Not saying that's necessarily bad, as results clearly suggest it's a good direction to take.
It's again gonna be Germany, Brazil, Spain Argentina again at the WC. I as it is have zero interest in watching this WC.
(03-30-2018, 05:43 AM)somedevil Wrote: It's again gonna be Germany, Brazil, Spain Argentina again at the WC. I as it is have zero interest in watching this WC.
Lol you're really not going to watch the world Cup because of that reason? You do realize that historically there aren't many other countries that have actually won the competition. It is always going to come down to a few typical names.
Siamo a posto cosi.
(03-30-2018, 12:56 PM)Mystik Wrote: Lol you're really not going to watch the world Cup because of that reason? You do realize that historically there aren't many other countries that have actually won the competition. It is always going to come down to a few typical names.

I'm not going to watch it because Italy isn't in it and the group stage looks awful.  I do think a team like Peru could surprise and get out but I don't think we're going to see many surprises.  The knockout rounds may be worth watching but I've no interest in the teams that'll likely be competing in them
I support Italy as well but they didn't add any to the last two world cups, limping out at the group stages in both. In spite of that, 2014 WC had one of the best group stages that I can remember. To each his own but I think you'll be missing out. Besides, if this format doesn't interest you then what will you do when the 48 team world cup rolls around and it's bloated with even more average European teams? Grinundwech
Siamo a posto cosi.
(03-30-2018, 04:48 PM)Mystik Wrote: I support Italy as well but they didn't add any to the last two world cups, limping out at the group stages in both. In spite of that, 2014 WC had one of the best group stages that I can remember. To each his own but I think you'll be missing out. Besides, if this format doesn't interest you then what will you do when the 48 team world cup rolls around and it's bloated with even more average European teams? Grinundwech

I thought the last Euro was pretty bad with the added teams so I'll probably think the same come next WC