Serie A
Mazzari at Inter's hard to judge. A decent coach, but Inter have been awful with a squad poorly built, unlike what he had at Napoli where he had a good squad with a direction, if not with the resources to make it great.

Benitez, I don't think will get immediate success. Mazzari's Napoli play with a very different concept to Benitez traditionally. If he has time to put his ideas into place, Napoli could remain very dangerous, but if not, then he won't be there long imo.
(05-28-2013, 05:46 AM)sylrus Wrote: well napoli and inter has exchange their coach

That's ok. I think they are both going down. Devilcool
aka xudong
(05-28-2013, 09:37 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Mazzari at Inter's hard to judge. A decent coach, but Inter have been awful with a squad poorly built, unlike what he had at Napoli where he had a good squad with a direction, if not with the resources to make it great.

Benitez, I don't think will get immediate success. Mazzari's Napoli play with a very different concept to Benitez traditionally. If he has time to put his ideas into place, Napoli could remain very dangerous, but if not, then he won't be there long imo.

I don't think De Laurentis is a mad guy, he seems to build his team step by step, and even if Benitez is a joke (IMO), he has international experience and can, as a consequence, help the club to step up one more time, not in Serie A where Benitez has everything to learn, but in CL ...
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Gattuso is Palermo's new coach?? Big Grin
Gattuso at Palermo is a great fit imo, except for one major factor. He's from southern Italy and will understand how football culture is in Palermo, but he's strong mentally, which was a strong trait of Palermo when they were at their best. The problem is Zamparini, as I can see a clash of personalities emerging.

(05-28-2013, 11:17 AM)GeoTav Wrote: I don't think De Laurentis is a mad guy, he seems to build his team step by step, and even if Benitez is a joke (IMO), he has international experience and can, as a consequence, help the club to step up one more time, not in Serie A where Benitez has everything to learn, but in CL ...

De Laurentis has always struck me as someone who is eccentric, which can be difficult to deal with, but someone who understands how to run his club. I just think he just needs to show his patience this time.

You're right about Benitez' CL experience being important, which is surely one reason they got him. I think he's a decent coach, just one who shoots himself in the foot often too.
I'm pretty delighted at Benitez going to Napoli.

They've been a real threat in recent seasons domestically, and imo he's a manager who peaked at Valencia. He did well there, very well, but his domestic performance with Liverpool was very poor and Steven Gerrard won that CL in Istanbul, not Benitez.

So I reckon they're going to fall quite a few places. He just never seems to maintain real consistency and I'd argue Napoli have been punching above their weight with 2 or 3 players who are particularly superb.
[Image: San_Siro1.jpg]
I'm putting this in Serie A and English as it affects both. With the signing of Benitez I'm certain Napoli have horribly weakened themselves. Furthermore they are selling the world's second best striker, Cavani, to Chelsea. Which is a huge statement of intent from Jose and will crush Napoli horribly - there is no one they can replace him with, not even with the money they'll get.

It's a big move for Chelsea and will solve their striker problems, and decimates Napoli to the point they'll unlikely be any sort of force next season.
[Image: San_Siro1.jpg]
Losing Cavani always seemed inevitable and it's not like Napoli have hidden the possibility. Keeping him as long as they have is surely something Napoli have done well on. If they try to replace him directly then you're right, they'll be much weaker, but should they reinvest well they will remain a force in Italy

As for Benitez, I think he's a very good coach even if he's flawed. Napoli will want to push more in Europe, so it's sensible they go for a coach who has a good track record.

I don't think this move decimates Napoli at all, though I think they're now in a process of rebuilding, as they likely to lose their coach and star player in one summer.
Is Cavani's move official yet?
aka xudong
Nope, but it does look like it will happen sooner rather than later. Chelsea apparently had a 55m euro bid turned down.