Recommended Football Media
I thought it might be useful for people to share what football media they consume that they might suggest to others. I figure given we all probably have different podcasts or videos we watch, there may be some interesting things to share.

Personally, I tend to focus on European or Italian football centric content as obviously that's my generally where my interest lies.

The first is the Euro Leagues Podcast from BBC Five Live, hosted by Mina Rzouki with guests normally being James Horncastle, Julien Laurens and Rafa Honigstein. It's very much focused on European Leagues and with Mina and James both Italian football experts, Serie A gets a fair chunk of discussion:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0940sk5.../downloads

Next up is World Football Phone In. One of the best radio shows/podcasts available regarding football. It airs on BBC Five Live and is hosted by Dotun Adebayo and always has Tim Vickery (BBC's South American football expert) along with a second guest to talk about North American, European, Asian or African football. I've been listening for around 10 years and it's a great show:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02p9f7d.../downloads

Next up is The Totally Football Show, with James Richardson hosting. Basically, it's the same people that did Guardian's Football Weekly and they've basically set up their own show. I tend to dip in and out of this one as it's very Premier League centric, but thankfully they provide timestamps with their show so you can skip to the bits of interest:

https://audioboom.com/channel/the-totall...richardson

Continuing with James Richardson is Golazzo, a podcast dedicated to Italian football and generally has James Horncastle as the guest (along with someone else). This is a shorter offshoot of The Totally Football show where James Richardson harkens back to the days when he was hosting Football Italia in the UK. A great show and thanks to Mystik who brought it to my attention:

https://audioboom.com/channel/golazzo--t...tball-show

Last is Italian Football TV on Youtube. This is pretty much the only dedicated channel discussing Italian football on Youtube that I'm particularly aware of. It's a couple of young guys who are basically fans just giving their opinions, so it's just something that can be a bit of fun rather than hugely informative or in depth. Recently they've started doing a more podcast format where they've brought in a family friend and the father of one of the guys to have more in depth discussions. Just be aware these guys are fans and so behave like fans, which can be annoying as one is a Juve fan (who somehow tried to argue Cutrone's handball vs Lazio was worse than Buffon on Muntari's ghost goal). If you watch it for what it is, it can be a little bit of fun rather than the others which are more professional and serious discussions:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy5ixMX...QaFl8Njrug

Anyone got any suggestions on others worth watching or listening to?
Golazzo is pretty good. It's my daily Gym cardio time podcast. a lot of great info in that.

That Mina chick however is so full of shit many times. I get annoyed easily with her dribble.

There used to be a Forza Italian football too but those guys seemed to have disappeared.
I listen to David Amoyal's CalcioLand

It's on SoundCloud and iTunes
(02-15-2018, 12:00 PM)somedevil Wrote: Golazzo is pretty good. It's my daily Gym cardio time podcast. a lot of great info in that.

That Mina chick however is so full of shit many times. I get annoyed easily with her dribble.

There used to be a Forza Italian football too but those guys seemed to have disappeared.
Forza Italian Football Podcast is still alive and going.. check your RSS feed - perhaps it needs updating? Are we talking about Italian football media or any football?
Siamo a posto cosi.
Thanks for the responses. I wasn't aware of CalcioLand, so will definitely be giving it a try.

I listened to Forza Italian Football in the past, though at the time wasn't the biggest fan so didn't stick to it and like somedevil, thought it had gone.

On Mina Rzouki, I personally quite like her. She does say things I just don't agree with at times, but generally she seems intelligent and knowledgeable on European football.

I'm very impressed with James Horncastle, he seems to have an incredible memory and amount of knowledge on Italian football.
The production quality on Forza Italian Football isn't the best as it's just fans talking as you have already mentioned. Most times they lack balance regarding their opinions especially on Milan as one of the regular presenters is an Inter fan. However, there aren't many options for English speaking Italian football podcasts so I put up with it every week nonetheless Big Grin
Siamo a posto cosi.
(02-15-2018, 01:59 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: I listen to David Amoyal's CalcioLand

It's on SoundCloud and iTunes

This guy simply annoys me or rather used to before I shut him off completely. First, he is sucks DiMarzio's cock a bit way too much for my liking. Dimarzio is a good jorunalist but not a god. And secondly, his massive pro Juve stance. Also, when I used to follow him on Twitter till a couple of years back, he would shit on Milan all the time. He ended up infuriating me so much that I got into a spat with him.
(02-15-2018, 02:54 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I'm very impressed with James Horncastle, he seems to have an incredible memory and amount of knowledge on Italian football.

This is what I really enjoy about that show. I really wish they would do longer episodes. 

BTW this is also on Spotify in case any one is looking.
lol, I don't mind David Amoyal, though his voice is really monotonous so it's easy to drift off if you're doing something while listening. On his relationship with Di Marzio, I believe he works on GianlucaDiMarzio.com, hence the pro stance there.

I agree about golazzo, having hour long episodes (spending more time discussing current Serie A affairs) would be great.
(02-16-2018, 06:36 AM)somedevil Wrote: This guy simply annoys me or rather used to before I shut him off completely. First, he is sucks DiMarzio's cock a bit way too much for my liking. Dimarzio is a good jorunalist but not a god. And secondly, his massive pro Juve stance. Also, when I used to follow him on Twitter till a couple of years back, he would shit on Milan all the time. He ended up infuriating me so much that I got into a spat with him.

lmao, just been listening to the latest CalcioLand where he talks about Juve's draw with Spurs and he said Milan fans are the ones saying Buffon is over the hill and needs to retire as they don't want him to surpass Maldini's record.

Immediately thought of what you said Big Grin