Azzurri
Couldn't watch, good to see Cutrone get some minutes
Yes that was great
(03-23-2018, 08:46 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: Italy: Buffon; Florenzi, Bonucci, Rugani, De Sciglio; Parolo, Verratti, Jorginho; Chiesa, Immobile, Insigne

Average age 26

If you change Buffoon with Dollarumma the average age will be 24
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
I watched the match and Italy lack an identity. Hardly a shock given you're talking about a team with a new generation of players coming in and a new temporary coach. 

Anyway, I think it highlights a lot of what Sacchi said the other day about what Italy need. It's time the country evolved its football to work in the modern era. It's a country that still depends solely on the individual ability of its top stars than to create a clear identity at all levels. It's nothing new, but Italy needs to do what Germany did around 15 years ago and build academies to bring through modern Italian players who grow up learning in the same system to understand one another at the highest level.

This comes down to first having a clear principle of what type of football the nation wants to develop. I think it should be rooted in their traditions, but modernised to work in the modern game. For example, Italy traditionally worked with man markers, but as the game changed moved towards zonal systems. However, with the pace of the game today and rule changes to support more attacking games, you can't succeed with sitting back. Yesterday, Italy sat off Argentina during periods and this gave them problems in the press as Argentine players had time for 2 to 3 touches on the ball before releasing it. If you don't disrupt the opponents flow of play, you're basically going to concede the game in today's world.

This isn't just Italy, but a part of the Italian game. Milan had similar problems when facing Arsenal in EL and Juve the same when facing Barca and Real in CL. If it was me, I'd be looking at Sarri's Napoli as an example of where to start rebuilding the Italian game. Maybe not looking to play as much on the ball in the build up and base it on a more direct style of play, but looking at how tactically they start their play and build their attacking moves. Most importantly, build on a principle to move the ball quickly, which is fundamental today. Using Napoli as an example, they don't have that many players in their lineup known for their individual ability in taking on their opponents 1 v 1 (Insigne and Mertens mostly), but where they excel is their movement of the ball and the sharpness and quickness of moving the ball between the lines of the opposing teams.

Again, I think the same applies to Milan. I love the work Gattuso has done up til now. However, I think to take the next step forward, he should look at ball management by Sarri's Napoli and Guardiola's sides and learn what he can apply from their to his Milan. Again, don't try to simply imitate it, but use it within your own ideas of the game (Gattuso wants to play more direct).
I refuse to watch Italy play till that cunt Buffon fucks off.
I think this is the worst Italy I've ever seen
(03-27-2018, 09:17 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: I think this is the worst Italy I've ever seen

This is still Ventura's Italy in my opinion, only in a 4-3-3 formation rather than a 4-2-4.

No clear plan, every player playing for himself and not for the team.

So much talent wasted.
I watched the opening few minutes of the game vs England and Immobile played like an Immobile lol. The guy had two golden opportunities and wasted them both because he moves slower than the continental drift. Good lord, I don't want us to ever try to sign him after watching those 10 minutes.
I never watched the match, but I find the reaction strange. A late equaliser can give a boost, but everyone seems happy that they managed to get a draw.

This isn't a great England side, in fact in the country pretty much no one has any hope they'll do anything great in the world cup, which is saying something as the side is usually hyped beyond belief.
Conte said he doesn't know if he'll stay at Chelsea. I'll be shocked if he's at Chelsea next season. PSG's probably going to sign Tuchel to be their manager. I think it's very possible Conte will takeover the Azzurri now