Fiorentina vs AC Milan [19-11-2011 | 7:45 pm GMT]
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Mazzoleni Angry

Terrible, terrible reffing. Also unlucky tonight. The team didn't play that great mind, but it was a difficult game.
"We are a team of devils. Our colours are red as fire, and black, to invoke fear in our opponents!"
Herbert Kilpin

Nella gioia e nell' dolore, per il Milan eterno amore!
(11-20-2011, 12:14 AM)theaxeofpain Wrote: FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU Mazzoleni Angry

Terrible, terrible reffing. Also unlucky tonight. The team didn't play that great mind, but it was a difficult game.

so I suppose that was the referee's name? I couldn't even bother to look for that. Confused

If that goal counted, I doubt that Fiorentina could come back. they were pure crap and absolutely toothless. we can only score more.

damn delio Rossi. he managed to stop us once again. Angry
aka xudong
I don't think Pato did that badly.

It was one of those games in which nothing goes our way. The officiating was hideous.

Sucks. Totally sucks. This day could not have been worse.
(11-20-2011, 12:30 AM)Hasan Rossonero Wrote: I don't think Pato did that badly.

It was one of those games in which nothing goes our way. The officiating was hideous.

Sucks. Totally sucks. This day could not have been worse.

It totally ruined my weekend already. Angry

Pato did well in my opinion. I wish Allegri sent him on earlier.

I am just hoping that he could continue his form against Barcelona. This season, he hasn't scored against any team but Barcelona. Devilol
aka xudong
Our players' mind kind of drifted to midweek game already,they visibly didn't exhibit full energy level.and luck is not on our side too.
May god with chinese footbball
(11-19-2011, 11:04 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: Ambrosini and Seedorf slowed us down too much. I can't wait til these guys disappear.

Ref obviously screwed us, we won the game, Seedorf scored, so that's very very disappointing to lose because of mistakes by referees.

Having said that, Pato had 3 chances to score, (1 good shot, and 2 that he should have buried). I know it's his first game back, and he was on only 24 mins, but having defended Pato for so long, what the hell was that open header miss?

Urby is a LB/LM and should stay in Holland. He's not Serie A material. He's not an Attacking Central Midfielder. He plays like a little boy. We need to ship him to a team along with Seedorf, Antonini, & Bonera.

Ibrahimovic played well but not good enough to score. We lacked much creativity without Cassano, oddly enough and it showed. Even the absence of Boateng shows that we struggle because our midfield is simply not good enough.

Disappointed with the game. Also, International Breaks at this point in the season are very annoying iMO.

Many people is so much critical about our performance today (beside the referee), but honestly this was one of the best performance I have seen this year!
Yes, we lacked the goals, but if Seedorf goal was allowed, we would have winning by 3 or 4 goals for sure, and the outcome of the game would have been totally different!
In the first half our ball possession was [b]66%, the last time I have seen this was in 2004-2005!! Aquilani and Nocerino played very well, they are starting to give our midfield an identity. They've just arrived 3 months ago, but they improved our quality in midfield. Couple of months more and trust me, they will be even better! We need only two changes in midfield and we finished our rejuvenation. Instead of Ambrosini, we should buy Montolivo (he would improve his game with us, and would play better football) and we should replace Seedorf with Eriksen.

Eriksen, Aquilani, Montolivo, Nocerino midfield would be awesome for the next five years! This four people would complement each other, they would be relatively young, fast, with good vision and possession, good dribbling and a decent defending ability! It reminds me the 2004's four of Seedorf, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Gattuso...
Three of them is also Italian, can play and improve together in the national team too, and have better understanding of each other! This midfield would compete and do well against Barcelona's and Real's midfields. And imagine if El Shaarawy could turn to be only half of Kaka was, and the return of Merkel, not to mention Boateng!!!

Couple of signings for the next two years (three each year) and we can have a team like this:

Ibrahimovic/Balotelli Pato/Robinho/Cassano
Eriksen/El Shaarawy/Merkel
Boateng/Nocerino/Emanuelson Montolivo/Casemiro Aquilani/Flamini
Taiwo/Antonini Thiago Silva/Mexes/Dedé Nesta/Benatia/Albertazzi Abate
Lloris/Abbiati/Amelia
The game last night was a good performance and the team shouldn't be disheartened as the ref was the reason we didn't win, simple as.

The first half was a sound display of pressing and dominating the ball against Fiorentina, who were quite frankly rubbish for the whole 90 minutes (other than Pasquale who I'll get onto later). What was most heartening about our performance was our defensive display, as the midfield pressed well in the first half and it was rare to see our defence needing to do anything other than start moves. This was in part due to our patience on the ball. Rather than taking unnecessary risks to move the ball forward and push the issue of finding a goal, we took our time and looked for openings. This lead to a slower paced game than some of our other matches this season, but all in all, it meant we dominated the game more comfortably.

The second half wasn't too different. Our midfield looked to get frustrated, most notably Aquilani who didn't have a great second half by any means, and this lead to openings for Fiorentina to try and exploit. This was most notably done through Pasquale, who had a decent match down the left and gave Abate a good game. However, he alone can't win games and Nesta and Thiago never once seemed stretched at the back. This is evident in the statistics as Fiorentina didn't have a single shot on target (the only one that seemed close was Pasquale's long drive, which Abbiati had covered imo).

So, with our dominance, there are two reasons why the result wasn't positive. The first and most obvious was that the officiating was horrendous, and this is me putting it lightly. There were 2 handballs in the box, one of which was simply unquestionable and admitted by Behrami post match, while the second was also pretty definite, with the ball rolling down the arm of the Viola defender (can't remember who). Then there was the third clear penalty as Pato's shirt was almost ripped off. Also, how the officials ruled off Seedorf's goal is beyond comprehension as the offside wasn't even close.

The second reason for the result was Boruc. Quite honestly I don't understand why this guy always seems to raise his game against us, but last night his saves on Pato and Urby were incredible.

All in all, we shouldn't feel upset about the performance, we did what we should have and in the end we were left screwed over.

Players...

Abbiati - Had nothing to do all match
Abate - Solid if not at his best, he had a good matchup with Pasquale
Nesta - Rarely if ever under pressure, and it showed
Thiago - Excellent performance, it wasn't so much he had much to do, but his anticipation of moves and ability to read the game that stood out.
Antonini - Never threatened, but also offered little going forward
Ambrosini - I honestly thought he had a solid game. His anticipation of Fiorentina was good and he often broke up their play before they even got started.
Aquilani - Really good first half, but lost his way during the second when frustation seeped in.
Nocerino - Not his best game by any means, but solid and unlucky not to score.
Seedorf - Was doing pretty well in the first half and unlucky to see his goal ruled out. However, he disappeared in the second half.
Robinho - A mixed game, as his movement off the ball was pretty good as he worked the wide channels, but his overall performance lacked spark and he didn't get close enough to goal.
Ibra - Played a very good game, but with his tendency to drop deep to create (a vital aspect to our game) and Robinho not looking to run in behind, we lacked a little presence in the box until Pato came on.
Urby - Almost score, little else of note
Pato - A good return as he immediately raised the tempo of our game and looked sharp in front of goal. Desperately unlucky not to score, but if he maintains the intensity he showed (or ideally improve on it), he will come good in the coming weeks.

(11-19-2011, 10:57 PM)Nalx Wrote: Well, it speaks volume about the officials' decisions tonight when even Dev uses such strong language Smile

I was and still am furious at the ref from last night's match. We played a good game, should have won comfortably but were so screwed over by the officiating it just highlights how corrupt Italian football is. Either that or these referees are nothing more than incompetent fools who should have nothing to do with football and should sit at home staring at a blank wall so that they can't propagate their idiocy on the human race.

(11-20-2011, 02:58 AM)will4li Wrote: Our players' mind kind of drifted to midweek game already,they visibly didn't exhibit full energy level.and luck is not on our side too.

That's fairly normal as it's extremely difficult to maintain a high level intensity every match. It's also important not to risk burnout, so it's only valuable to try and do the minimum to get a win in these matches.
Allegri should have kept Binho and played Binho-Ibra-Pato for last 25min. Again we lost points coz we banted too much balance when it was not needed! In my opinion...

It was extremly nice to see Abate playing like a champion yesterday, driving forward on his own. This player is developing in all football aspects Okmilan

We did well, and refs costed us 2 points! We'd kill them is See's goal was allowed...

Now lets just play like this untill the end and with ONE good CM in winter, lo scudetto will come...
"It will not be easy. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded..." Jacques Clouseau Grinser044Icon_lol2
( Massimo Morratti )
I was hoping that Urby Emanuelson scored that chanced and that would be his first goal with Milan. I don't think that I would want to keep him any longer in Milan.

His skill was just so-so, but the biggest problme is that he doesn't fit at all in Milan's system. I don't understand why we bought him to start with.

the only use I can think of for him is to play him as the LB against some weak Italian team in the League or Cup. but that's it.

I may be harsh on him, but if we wanted a strong Milan, he has no place in our future.
aka xudong
Pretty much my thoughts, xudong.