Milan vs Roma
I don't think so. I think he'll be given more time no matter what happens against Roma. It was 1 loss against Napoli. I don't think the management has even reached the discussion of possible firing. I agree with that. I think he needs time to incorporate the new signings and find the best formula. I think he's doing fine. If after 5/6 games (so sometime in October) we are still struggling, then I think there will be a serious conversation of that.

At this point, everything is still fine. No matter how we played against Napoli, if we held on to the lead, or even the tie, nobody was going to talk about Rino getting fired. As a matter of fact, people would have been praising him. And when I say people, I don't just mean fans, but across the board (media, etc).

I think the line up will sort itself out. There is no way Rino will persist with Biglia for example if we keep seeing the same types of performances.

I do want us to become a little more direct and force the transition a little more. We've become a bit too passive (end of last season and now against Napoli too). I am very interested to see Castillejo play too. The pace he will bring will be very welcome.

Hopefully the Caldara-Romagnoli partnership we are about to see (according to Sky) will be the start of a very solid foundation. With that, the return of Conti and the incorporation of Castillejo and Bakayoko should make us very solid.

I believe in Rino. I think he'll get the best out of this squad.
(08-30-2018, 03:36 PM)artand Wrote: in case of a likely defeat to Roma, during the int. break, i expect to see Gattuso fired.

i dont want to see the guy fired after just 2 games.. he has shown the potential to turn things around before.. we got quite unlucky with the start we got regarding the scheduling.. we didnt get to warm up the engine before the big games.. im concerned about the way the team fell apart.. i mean, its gattuso's team u know.. i expected discipline and aggression in terms of mentality.. the way he was as a player, i wanted to see that in his team.. the dude fought for every ball like his life depended on it and he never or rarely lets his head drop.. even when Ronaldinho ran circles around him and managed one successful tackle.. he celebrated coz of what it meant psychologically.. you cant break the guy.. i wanted to see that in this team.. especially when we had a 2 goal lead.. it got reduced to 1 and the team suddenly went into pussy mode and everyone played like they didnt want to be the one o fuck it up.. you could tell from the body language when they passed the ball around..

When we went behind, you sort of could tell this team totally lost its self belief.. we were never looking like we could grab the equaliser.. in retrospect.. we could really use a big character and born winner like Yaya Toure who available on a free.. we had 2 youngsters who could really learn from him.. Bakayoko (23 yr old) and Kessie.. a born winner like him would have not tolerated the way we got pushed around and heads dropping or panic setting in..
(08-30-2018, 04:01 PM)SkyEdge Wrote: i dont want to see the guy fired after just 2 games.. he has shown the potential to turn things around before.. we got quite unlucky with the start we got regarding the scheduling.. we didnt get to warm up the engine before the big games.. im concerned about the way the team fell apart.. i mean, its gattuso's team u know.. i expected discipline and aggression in terms of mentality.. the way he was as a player, i wanted to see that in his team.. the dude fought for every ball like his life depended on it and he never or rarely lets his head drop.. even when Ronaldinho ran circles around him and managed one successful tackle.. he celebrated coz of what it meant psychologically.. you cant break the guy.. i wanted to see that in this team.. especially when we had a 2 goal lead.. it got reduced to 1 and the team suddenly went into pussy mode and everyone played like they didnt want to be the one o fuck it up.. you could tell from the body language when they passed the ball around..

When we went behind, you sort of could tell this team totally lost its self belief.. we were never looking like we could grab the equaliser.. in retrospect.. we could really use a big character and born winner like Yaya Toure who available on a free.. we had 2 youngsters who could really learn from him.. Bakayoko (23 yr old) and Kessie.. a born winner like him would have not tolerated the way we got pushed around and heads dropping or panic setting in..

I also thought about that. We lack of champion in our team. Biglia who is our experienced player also can not help much.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
Please dont use the word champions.. gives me a feeling of de ja vu.. remember those *champions* galliani signed..? Hahahha.. i still get nightmares about those days.. a cold shiver runs down my spine whenever i read we signed a *champion*
(08-30-2018, 05:39 PM)SkyEdge Wrote: Please dont use the word champions.. gives me a feeling of de ja vu.. remember those *champions* galliani signed..? Hahahha.. i still get nightmares about those days.. a cold shiver runs down my spine whenever i read we signed a *champion*

Devilol Devilol Devilol

Yeah, just like reading Mr.X, it could be nothing (Fabregas) or someone who is like Aquillani.  Sagrin
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
Yaya Toure, the guy who got angry because he thought that his club didn't celebrate his birthday enough?
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
I thought it's fabregas/hamsik.
But then we got aquilani, nocerino, etc. Devilol

Now that you think about it,
The only "champions" we have are abate, reina and bakayoko

Abate got serie A - Once one of the best right back for serie A (only once though)
Reina got "world cup" - Unused subs
Bakayoko got ligue 1 - Even once got into UEFA Champions league team of the year 16/17

The ability to bring bakayoko and higuain in is the reason for me to say leo+maldini did a fantastic job

Edited,

[Image: 40452021_10155608447301937_7974383899226...e=5C388B2D]
Expected lineup vs. Roma (4-3-3): Donnarumma; Calabria, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Ricardo Rodriguez; Kessie, Biglia, Bonaventura; Suso, Higuain, Calhanoglu [Sky].
Wink 
(08-30-2018, 09:36 PM)AC_Troy Wrote: Expected lineup vs. Roma (4-3-3): Donnarumma; Calabria, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Ricardo Rodriguez; Kessie, Biglia, Bonaventura; Suso, Higuain, Calhanoglu [Sky].

never change a team that wins, ha  Sagrin
(08-31-2018, 10:48 AM)artand Wrote: never change a team that wins, ha  Sagrin

But we didn't win last week  Dodgy
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool