Summer Mercato 2019
(09-13-2018, 02:16 AM)nefremo Wrote: Never seen the guy play in a real game.....but honestly, I wasn't impressed by that video. The first 3-4 passes are hopeful long balls that don't even meet the target. The rest are decent diagonals, but he had a ton of time and space on the ball. The video doesn't show him play the ball under pressure and there is nothing spectacular in what he does.

Anyway, we are not in position to invest in many young talents and leave them elsewhere to develop. We need to make sure our team is top and can fight for top honors so that's where the investment should be. Having said that, if we pick out 1 a year that is worth spending 10-15mil (like Tonali, if we have scouted him and believe he is it), then I don't see the problem even if it takes away a little from our senior team. I think of it this way....it's not buying a Borini + his salary. We can live with that.

This... Let's not forget Caldara/mandragora/Coman/Berardi... they all cost Juve peanuts because they got them early... They don't always work out (Mandrogara) but they can afford to do that. We would just need to be smarter. and invest in the one or two that are most likely to improve. worst case they dont improve enough and we make some $$, best case, we've picked up a top youngster to join the team.
Caldara - bought 19m "sold" for 35(value)
Mandragora - bought 3m sold for 20
Berardi - 4.5m co-ownership sold their share to Sassuolo for 10m
COman - signed free sold 7m loan 21m permanent
Rugani - 5m
Lemina - 500k loan 9.8m permanent sold for 17m
It's a money making exercise as well as trying to pick up all the best youngsters.
Thing is, they're always an investment in one way or another (most the time). If that guy does those decent diagonals a few times in Serie A being Italian his price doubles.. reality lately lol
(09-13-2018, 02:56 AM)porcho Wrote: This... Let's not forget Caldara/mandragora/Coman/Berardi... they all cost Juve peanuts because they got them early... They don't always work out (Mandrogara) but they can afford to do that. We would just need to be smarter. and invest in the one or two that are most likely to improve. worst case they dont improve enough and we make some $$, best case, we've picked up a top youngster to join the team.
Caldara - bought 19m "sold" for 35(value)
Mandragora - bought 3m sold for 20
Berardi - 4.5m co-ownership sold their share to Sassuolo for 10m
COman - signed free sold 7m loan 21m permanent
Rugani - 5m
Lemina - 500k loan 9.8m permanent sold for 17m
It's a money making exercise as well as trying to pick up all the best youngsters.

Just one reason Juve owns Italy
(09-13-2018, 02:16 AM)nefremo Wrote: Never seen the guy play in a real game.....but honestly, I wasn't impressed by that video. The first 3-4 passes are hopeful long balls that don't even meet the target. The rest are decent diagonals, but he had a ton of time and space on the ball. The video doesn't show him play the ball under pressure and there is nothing spectacular in what he does.

Anyway, we are not in position to invest in many young talents and leave them elsewhere to develop. We need to make sure our team is top and can fight for top honors so that's where the investment should be. Having said that, if we pick out 1 a year that is worth spending 10-15mil (like Tonali, if we have scouted him and believe he is it), then I don't see the problem even if it takes away a little from our senior team. I think of it this way....it's not buying a Borini + his salary. We can live with that.

Good point to mention about what missed in the video which Tonali probably had not faced such situations yet.

I agree that we can not buy all talents. As I said in my post earlier, we should invest 2-3 young players who are really promising and ready to step into the first team of Milan in the next couple of seasons. We are not talking youth prospect who has no experience playing in senior teams like Mastour in the past but players like Caldara who was aready a starter in Atalanta and had two seasons's game played in Serie B (transfermarkt). So, we do not invest to gain big profit in future but to increase our quality by spending wise not crazy like how the transfer cost behaves right now. Invest for 5-15 mil euros for players who could be 30-50 mil euros in just a few seasons.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
Relevant

Quote:The proposal, which was circulated to key stakeholders and obtained by The New York Times, includes plans for a new central clearinghouse that would be responsible for processing payments for all cross-border transfers, including commissions paid to agents. Those fees could be capped at 5 percent of a player’s total salary, or of the transfer fee.

But the most eye-catching changes, and potentially the most significant ones, could be those seeking to limit how much clubs would be allowed to spend for players, a figure that reached a record in 2017 when the French champion Paris St.-Germain paid a record $262 million for the Brazilian forward Neymar.

Proposals under consideration include using an algorithm to benchmark a player’s price and a system to punish clubs that surpass it with a form of luxury tax shared with the player’s previous clubs. The FIFA committee also raised the possibility of salary caps based on a percentage of a team’s revenue as a mechanism to prevent teams from falling into financial difficulty, and the insertion of fixed buyout clauses in the contracts of professional players, similar to those in place in countries like Spain and Portugal.
Leonardo and Raiola have not set the base for an Abate contract renewal during their meeting. The intention of both parties is to end this long lasting relationship in July [@86_Longo]
Tuttosport - Milan, cessione di Suso ipotesi estrema ma non da escludere
05.02.2019 11:12 di Salvatore Trovato articolo letto 6490 volte
foto di Daniele Mascolo/PhotoViews
I problemi fisici stanno bloccando Suso. Come riporta Tuttosport, però, non manca chi ritiene la pubalgia (che da tempo ormai lo affligge) solo una concausa e non il motivo principale dell’involuzione dello spagnolo. Molti tifosi e addetti ai lavori evidenziano come le giocate dell’esterno rossonero siano sempre uguali e che i difensori abbiano ormai imparato a contenerlo. Suso è stato pagato pochi euro e in un momento in cui il bilancio del Milan ha bisogno di plusvalenze non si può escludere nulla. Nemmeno che, senza una decisa inversione di tendenza, possa anche essere venduto a giugno. Ipotesi estrema, ovviamente, ma assolutamente possibile.
(02-05-2019, 11:54 AM)artand Wrote: Tuttosport - Milan, cessione di Suso ipotesi estrema ma non da escludere
05.02.2019 11:12 di Salvatore Trovato articolo letto 6490 volte
foto di Daniele Mascolo/PhotoViews
I problemi fisici stanno bloccando Suso. Come riporta Tuttosport, però, non manca chi ritiene la pubalgia (che da tempo ormai lo affligge) solo una concausa e non il motivo principale dell’involuzione dello spagnolo. Molti tifosi e addetti ai lavori evidenziano come le giocate dell’esterno rossonero siano sempre uguali e che i difensori abbiano ormai imparato a contenerlo. Suso è stato pagato pochi euro e in un momento in cui il bilancio del Milan ha bisogno di plusvalenze non si può escludere nulla. Nemmeno che, senza una decisa inversione di tendenza, possa anche essere venduto a giugno. Ipotesi estrema, ovviamente, ma assolutamente possibile.

So basically suso is a one trick pony who can only cut inside holding the ball and shoot/pass, and now defenders already know how to deal with him.
It's kinda funny that some people (not here) that i know of, said that suso is a carbon copy  of robben.Devilol
Well he's kinda slow, and his shoot isn't as good as robben's. Thing that made robben very difficult to stop is the way he move and dribbling is way too fast for defender to even react.
Very true. Suso us a bad Chinese copy of Robben. Get rid of him and Hakan. Instead get to real wingers who can makde the difference, now that Gattuso wants to play in 4-3-3.
Hector Herrera free transfer from Porto could happen.