Dudelange vs. Milan 9/20/18
wooow. we made it . wooow
(09-20-2018, 09:29 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: We're going to see a lot of THABK GOD FOR HIGUAIN this season

I second this  Devilcool
(09-20-2018, 09:29 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: We're going to see a lot of THABK GOD FOR BORINI this season

Fixed

Grinundwech
Watching the replay due to sleeping.  Dodgy

First half was just poor performance overall. Boring 45 minutes. In the second half it was better but still they should play better. Lack of games played important role for the players' form. Our game did reall miss the organised play. The dissapearence of Bertolacci in the midfield aslo weaken our build up from midfield.

Samu played an entertaining game but he could be better if he was supported player like Kessie who already knows the system of Gattuso on the field. Abate did not help either. However the spanish player still has not show an organised play, IMO he just needs games to fix it.

Higuain is top striker but he should do better with the direction of his two shots. He could have a brace or even hattrick if he sent the ball not in the center where the GK stood.

From all subs (except new players), I think only Bakayoko deserves to sit on the bench, maybe with Mauri. Abate, Bertolacci, Borini should find other club that could benefit from them. Bakayoko did show potential but still I don't like his random play without proper organisation of the game. Mauri tried hard, I respect that. It is still not enough to be vice regista but seeing Biglia is our first choice, Mauri could sit on the bench for the Argentine.

Bertolacci was non existent while Abate has lost his quality. Borini is Borini, he might be useful as 3rd choice of sub after Conti and Calabria.

Caldara was ok, still needs time I think while Halilovic did not have enough time to show his quality. Reine was experienced, we could see it, very useful for the club. Laxalt was good enough, he is our alternative for RR or left wing position to improve our offensive play.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(09-20-2018, 09:40 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: They should work their asses off to show they want to play more!

Exactly lack of that is the biggest tragedy of this game.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
I really think these players underestimated and did not respect the opponent ... that's why we saw such a bad game.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(09-21-2018, 12:28 PM)GeoTav Wrote: I really think these players underestimated and did not respect the opponent ... that's why we saw such a bad game.

It is possible. I know I did. I thought we were going to win by 5 or 6 goals easily.
(09-21-2018, 12:28 PM)GeoTav Wrote: I really think these players underestimated and did not respect the opponent ... that's why we saw such a bad game.

I don't think so.  I just think we played a bad game, which is common nowadays
Dudelange is probably a mid-low table Serie B side quality on MOST days. When they play in the EL, and especially against Milan, that quality probably goes up to a high table Serie B side due to motivation, hard work and intensity, selflessness, etc, etc. We played with half of a team (Bertolacci, Mauri, Borini, Abate) that is mid-low table Serie A quality + players that have more or less never played for the club (and with the players on the field) before like Reina, Castillejo, Caldara, Laxalt and Bakayoko.
So it's no surprise that we didn't win 4 or 5:0. I don't think the difference in quality (between the first list of players I mentioned) and Dudelange is 5 or more goals. Most Serie B sides will give Serie A sides (the big club's second string) a game. We see it every year in the Italian cup. Having said that, had we scored early on in the first half, this game could have very easily ended 5:0 or more.

I'm not excusing our performance, especially in the first half. It should have been better. Some of the players on the field (Abate, Mauri, Bertolacci, Borini) are simply not of Milan level quality. This game was just a further confirmation of that.

I'm just glad that we got the 3 points and nobody got injured. Let's move on to Serie A and make a run by winning several games in a row.
I caught the game delayed. The performance wasn't special but I think it was solid and the only real chance conceded was from an offside position. On the other hand we actually created quite a few opportunities and were guilty of being wasteful. Dudelange for their part were literally just hacking at our players breaking all flow of the game.

On individuals, I think Caldara and Romagnoli look pretty good together. You can see Caldara still makes movements from his Atalanta time, some of which will leave spaces in a back 4. Abate I think is all but finished now, he doesn't seem to have the energy to make up for his faults now.

Bertolacci was the biggest disappointment for me, he's still showing no difference. Mauri did better than when used last season, but a long way from being a player we can depend on and makes too many positional errors.

Bakayoko confirmed what he showed against Cagliari. There's been some growth but he's got a yet to go before he fits in naturally. However, he did show some good things too and could be a beast if he adapts.

Borini was mediocre, but I was very happy with Castillejo. I actually think he works better with Higuain than Suso at this point.

Higuain should have had a hattrick, however he scored the winner so won't complain too much