Mattia Caldara
(08-03-2021, 10:16 PM)Zio Fester Wrote: Venezia won't buy him. Will be sent back after playing circa 5 games as will likely get injured again.

And Venezia are probables to get relegated so in reality it's a loan.

That is true. In the end he will leave for free, either at the end of his contract or before by mutual consent.
This is turning into such a sad saga, and unfortunately, as bad as this 4m sounds, this may not be the end of it. I also suspect that we won't even get that amount in the end.

Personally, I can't think of a more unfortunate situation. I mean, so many years have passed, and you would think that we (or Caldara himself) would hit a break, and turn things around, but it has kept getting worse and worse. It is also inevitable that he would manage a whopping ZERO Serie A appearance for Milan for his 40M price tag. Unbelievably shitty luck for every party involved.
aka xudong
(08-04-2021, 06:12 PM)ACM2021 Wrote: This is turning into such a sad saga, and unfortunately, as bad as this 4m sounds, this may not be the end of it. I also suspect that we won't even get that amount in the end.

Personally, I can't think of a more unfortunate situation. I mean, so many years have passed, and you would think that we (or Caldara himself) would hit a break, and turn things around, but it has kept getting worse and worse. It is also inevitable that he would manage a whopping ZERO Serie A appearance for Milan for his 40M price tag. Unbelievably shitty luck for every party involved.

Yea, it's sad to say the least & well said. I have a hard time understanding the decision to sell so cheap, I mean my logic would tell me to just keep the guy and try to at least let him get a few subs. We'd be paying that money for a reserve defender... Is he really that bad?
(08-06-2021, 05:06 AM)ac.michael Wrote: Yea, it's sad to say the least & well said. I have a hard time understanding the decision to sell so cheap, I mean my logic would tell me to just keep the guy and try to at least let him get a few subs. We'd be paying that money for a reserve defender... Is he really that bad?

Not sure he's really that bad. The problem is he can't stay healthy for more than 3 days or so per season... If you can get €4m for a player like that you're lucky, no matter what potential he would have had if it wasn't for injuries.
(08-06-2021, 08:14 AM)Arildonardo Wrote: Not sure he's really that bad. The problem is he can't stay healthy for more than 3 days or so per season... If you can get €4m for a player like that you're lucky, no matter what potential he would have had if it wasn't for injuries.

From ur statement.. somehow Jonathan Woodgate and Ledley King comes to mind..
Official: Loan with option to Spezia
(07-17-2022, 06:59 PM)reza Wrote: Official: Loan with option to Spezia

Spezia won't buy him. He's coming back again next summer.
He is Bosman next year, he will sign for free somewhere and another old flop chapter will close.
Actually he has a contract till 2024. Hence the loan with option.
He signed in 2018 for five years, this part I remember from during the Bonucci saga.
When and who extended it, need to know so the person is fired Big Grin