Coppa Italia, Round of 16: Milan vs. Novara (Wednesday, January 18, 2012, 21:00CET)

We are playing Novara this Wednesday at San Siro. If we win, we would advance into final 8, and will play Lazio in QF in a week.

So yes, it is possible that our next four games will be Novara, Novara, Lazio, Lazio.

I would like to see the trident being used:

--------------------Pato---------------------------
-----Robinho-------------------El Shaarawy----

A win, any win, would make me happy. Smile

Quote:The Rossoneri Italian Cup adventure version 2011/2012 starts here. Milan will take their first step in the competition on Wednesday 17 January at the San Siro stadium against Novara. The last tiem Milan got their hands on the cup was in 2003.

MILAN – The Italian Cup starts in the San Siro stadium this week on Wednesday 17 January. Milan's adversary in the last 16 of the competition is Novara who beat Catania 3-2 in the previous round.

There are five precedents between the two sides in the Italian Cup. The balance of results is decisively in favour of the Rossoneri with 4 wins and only a single defeat. At the San Siro they’ve played twice with the home team winning both times.

The last time the two teams met was back on 13 January 2010 in the same round of the competition. The game ended 2-1 for Milan. The Rossoneri took the lead after 12 minutes through Pippo Inzaghi who found some space in the area as well as finding the back of the net. Novara, who were playing in the Lega Pro division at the time managed to equalise thanks to Gonzalez on 47’. Milan’s winning goal came on 81’ with Mattieu Flamini scoring with a string shot from outside the area.

Here are the Italian Cup results between the two teams:

19/9/1976, First round
NOVARA-MILAN 0-3

8/9/1971, First round
MILAN-NOVARA 2-0

24/12/1939, Last 16
NOVARA-MILAN 0-2

9/5/1939, Semi-final
NOVARA-MILAN 3-2

http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/138457

aka xudong
Thats also the tridente I'd like to see. And I really want to see El Shaarawy play, this kid is talented! he showed this vs PSG and Inter, he deserves some playing time!
I'd prefer to see this trident:

Inzaghi - El Sharaawy
------- Robinho ---------

With Pato subbing Inzaghi (I don't think he can play 90 minutes) during the game, more or less early depending on the scoreline. Ibrahimovic shouldn't be used this time, but I think he will play.

In midfield, unless Merkel comes back today or tomorrow and plays in 2 days, I don't see many changes. Boateng will surely play as he is suspended for the next Serie A game. Then, 2 of Emmanuelson/Nocerino and Van Bommel/Ambrosini will play as there is no other player available.

For our defence, Nesta needs to be rested, I don't know if Thiago Silva should be rested or not (he is the best CD in the world right now, we can't risk him in such a game). Mexes will play for sure. Around him, I don't know who will be used at all (Zambro ? Bonera ? Taiwo ? Abate ? T.Silva ?) ...

Amelia as a GK.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Home and away? IIRC, I thought last year except in semifinal and final the games were played in one leg. Did they change the format again?
per l'amaro e il dolce
(01-16-2012, 10:01 AM)Nalx Wrote: Home and away? IIRC, I thought last year except in semifinal and final the games were played in one leg. Did they change the format again?

Nope ...

Italian Cup: Novara
Serie A: Novara
Italian Cup (if we beat Novara): Lazio
Serie A: Cagliari
Serie A: Lazio
now el sharawy in full element.

watch the goll from yesterday and i dont blame ignazio but he let milito to take the shot free, he most have the tackle and broke the legs or block him in the worst situation red for abate and penalty for inter.

in May we will beat sheat from them. Merda inter Sagrin
Daniele de Rossi in red & black Sad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSJmMc1cvac RINO GATTUSO ENERGY
The possible formation given by TMW:

Abbiati;
Abate, Mexes, Thiago Silva, Antonini;
Ambrosini, Van Bommel, Nocerino;
Seedorf;
Ibrahimovic, Robinho.

A disposizione: Amelia, Taiwo, Zambrotta, Bonera, Emanuelson, Pato, El Shaarawy

If that's the case, it will be a bit disappointing.
(01-16-2012, 04:21 PM)GeoTav Wrote: The possible formation given by TMW:

Abbiati;
Abate, Mexes, Thiago Silva, Antonini;
Ambrosini, Van Bommel, Nocerino;
Seedorf;
Ibrahimovic, Robinho.

A disposizione: Amelia, Taiwo, Zambrotta, Bonera, Emanuelson, Pato, El Shaarawy

If that's the case, it will be a bit disappointing.

Playing Ibra in a cup match against Novara when we have all our strikers available and when he has only missed one match this year (that away CL match to Plzen iirc) is a decision that should put serious ??? over Allegri...

Allegri ---> Huh

Modern coaches (and team managers) often talk about fixture congestion but rarely show it when selecting. Playing El Shaarawy, even Bonera, not to mention Pippo, makes much more sense.
@ Geo: thanx buddy. When I first saw two consecutive games home and away against Novara on soccernet I assumed both are Coppa games.

Anyway about the formation, I think we shouldn't be fielding our strongest team as suggested by TMW, it being too soon after the derby. Btw what does "a dispozione" mean? Is it "available" or "not available"?
per l'amaro e il dolce