Week 19: Novara vs. Milan (Sunday, January 22, 2012, 15:00 CET)
I still regret the lost chance last week when we could have destroyed both Merda and Jube with one victory (Merda would be out, and Jube would have their morale killed). Now we are making things interesting for neutrals, painful for ourselves.

Nonetheless, we should take one game seriously at a time.
aka xudong
Allegri: "If Juventus don’t win, we can end the first half of the season on top of the table but it won’t be easy tomorrow. We’ll be playing on a synthetic surface that we’ll train on today for the first time and we’ll be up against a team that played well on Wednesday evening and as such will be confident of doing well, but we have to get back winning,” said the former Cagliari Calcio boss on Saturday in the press conference.

“Last year we had important players coming in. This year we have important players on the way back. Flamini should be back with the team shortly, Pato’s injury shouldn’t keep him out for long, Boateng will be back in about 2-3 weeks but in the meantime we’ve big games in the league and the Champions League.

“Sunday is in the past now and we can’t change the result, now we have to win in Novara. It won’t be easy, they‘ll be looking to play the game of their lives at home looking for points to get away from relegation. It’ll be a very fast game on the synthetic surface and so we’ll have to play a very technically adept game.”

The 44-year-old Rossoneri boss continued: “Tomorrow I want to see Milan win more than anything else. To get that result we’ll have to put in a good performance. We’ll have to adapt immediately to the game.

“It’d be hard for Seedorf to play from the start. On the left it’s more probable that Antonini starts ahead of Mesbah. “Emanuelson has always performed well. We could see Ibra, Robinho and El Shaarawy together but El Shaarawy played 120 minutes on Wednesday and he may be useful coming off the bench.

“Analyzing the first half of the season, the progress has been more or less the same. If we win tomorrow, we’ll have performed like we did in the second half of last season. It all depends on ourselves. Our adversaries are the same and it won’t be easy to equal last season’s form,” the Scudetto holder concluded.
probable formation according to MilanNews.it

Milan (4-3-1-2): Amelia; Abate, Mexes, Thiago Silva, Antonini; Ambrosini, Van Bommel, Nocerino; Emanuelson; Robinho, Ibrahimovic.
A disp.: Roma, Bonera, Mesbah, Seedorf, Merkel, Inzaghi, El Shaarawy. All.: Allegri

That is a terrible lineup. How in the world can we create a chance with Nocerino, Bommel, Ambrosini and Emanuelson in midfield? And our fullbacks also wont help. This is a lineup like in our first half vs Lecce. I hope this one wont go as wrong as that.
So Merkel came back to sit on the bench , no Aquilani no Boateng and he's still on the bench against Novara..you see his coming back is pointless he will not progress as a player watching games and not playing , and ES92 would be better than Urby as Treq Urby is a LB converted to a LM his best bit for us was LB against inter.
(01-22-2012, 01:02 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: So Merkel came back to sit on the bench , no Aquilani no Boateng and he's still on the bench against Novara..you see his coming back is pointless he will not progress as a player watching games and not playing , and ES92 would be better than Urby as Treq Urby is a LB converted to a LM his best bit for us was LB against inter.

very true!
(01-22-2012, 01:02 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: So Merkel came back to sit on the bench , no Aquilani no Boateng and he's still on the bench against Novara..you see his coming back is pointless he will not progress as a player watching games and not playing , and ES92 would be better than Urby as Treq Urby is a LB converted to a LM his best bit for us was LB against inter.

Merkel played 120 minutes just three days ago, if we start playing him immediately in every match, he will just join our extensive injury list.

Even at Genoa he didn't play every match, so he isn't ready for that physically.

I would sub him in today vs Novara though. To get in form physically and get acquainted with the team, he needs to play many many games as a sub at least .
"Defending is part of football... Keep possession 95% if u want... but the score is 2-2... thats it!! Well done milan.. Make serie a proud once again.. Big Grin"
He is 19 , a match every 4 days should be no problem he's fit hes healthy , I guarantee he doesn't start any of our next 5 games..He will just be a cameo here and there in the league maybe start a cup game..but Nocerino VBommel Ambro mid is terrible awful diabolical...It's crap that they can't play 2 games in a row at 19 in the space of 4 days..that's a nice way of thinking but he won't get game time at Milan no young players and I'm talking that 19-23 age group none except Pato .They move on and do well or we end up buying them back to sit on the bench our blooding young players into the squad sucks the Players don't the way they never get proper chances does.
We need creativity and while no Pirlo Merkel is more creative than the other 3

This angry post isn't directed at you flame , just frustration at things never changing.
No final official starting line-up yet?
Here they are:
http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/breaking_news_show/20212
I LOVE MILAN
(01-22-2012, 01:30 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: I guarantee he doesn't start any of our next 5 games..He will just be a cameo here and there in the league maybe start a cup game..

We will see, but I think he will play as a sub today. Okmilan
"Defending is part of football... Keep possession 95% if u want... but the score is 2-2... thats it!! Well done milan.. Make serie a proud once again.. Big Grin"
Ecco le formazioni ufficiali di Novara e Milan, in campo alle 15.00 allo stadio Silvio Piola per l'ultima giornata del girone di andata:

NOVARA: Ujkani, Morganella, Rinaudo, Centurioni, Gemiti, Radovanovic, Porcari, Pesce, Rigoni, Mascara, Caracciolo

MILAN: Amelia, Abate, Mexes, Thiago Silva, Antonini, Ambrosini, Van Bommel, Nocerino, Emanuelson, Ibrahimovic, Robinho
http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matc...art=sports