Udinese vs AC Milan - 11th Feb, 2011 - 17:00 GMT
Looks like I was right: Allegri probably asked to his strikers to play wide, and we didn't shoot once in first half ... He probably told them to play more centrally, and suddenly, we looked better in second half. Then he added a striker instead of a midfielder and that worked ... A game to record because it could be the start of our come back: first team to beat Udinese at home and a win we couldn't even imagine after 70 minutes.

Funny note: Allegri is criticized for his bad subs on this forum, and Maxi Lopez is labelled "useless" by a lot of the posters here, I think it's funny that a good decision by Allegri with Maxi Lopez being a part of this decision made us win, what the Allegri haters will say ?

Serious note: Udinese looked "bad" when Isla and Di Natale were replaced, and that's just 2 players out, that probably allows us to forgive the late results of our team with a complete team injured ...
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
massive, MASSIVE three points. A win is a win is a win. Even an ugly one.
Did you guys realize that Maxi Lopez singlehandedly kept us tight in the title race?
Also, Amelia, thank you, sir.

Bonera FOR THE WIN!
no vintage performance for sure, but 12 players out and we beat Udinese away...that must give the team such a huge boost

(02-11-2012, 07:58 PM)LebRN Wrote: WOW!!!!
what a huge win for the scudetto race and more importantly the morale right now...and coming back from a goal down...great stuff Okmilan

obviously SES & Maxi did very well but my MoM is Ambro...great leader on and off the ball and brilliantly done to gather the team and celebrate at the end.

He played very well today ... But look, Ambro can play in this DM position, like MVB, but he can't play as one of our CM alongside MVB ...

Allegri should take note of that: with both MVB and Ambro being fit, he has two experienced (and as a consequence, old) DM, so he can rotate them and he should do it !!

Curious to see again this attacking trio playing together, even if Robinho seems in a very bad form unfortunately ...
That Shaarawy kid is special. He's got Robinho's quick feet and Pippo's desire for every loose ball.

What a game! A hard-fought win that worths more than three points.
per l'amaro e il dolce
At least, our record against the main teams of Serie A looks a bit better now ... Big Grin
massive 3 points!!! wohooo!!! unsure about entire performance but don't mind this kind of end result anytime anyday Devilcool

we started to somehow threaten only when maxi is on, our captain ambro is great imo,

(02-11-2012, 08:01 PM)GeoTav Wrote: Funny note: Allegri is criticized for his bad subs on this forum, and Maxi Lopez is labelled "useless" by a lot of the posters here, I think it's funny that a good decision by Allegri with Maxi Lopez being a part of this decision made us win, what the Allegri haters will say ?
Yeah you are rite. All of a sudden we are the champs & just like that the season is over. I don't like that attitude either, but then again its the fan thing I guess ...

BTW, its such a putty that my half time post was not posted here Sad because I typed about a stunning AC Milan comeback and Maxi-EL92 being the key to it ..... Damn you pathetic PTCL internet connection Angry
Argentina will win the World CupĀ 2022
Formerly mzk57
(02-11-2012, 08:05 PM)Nalx Wrote: That Shaarawy kid is special. He's got Robinho's quick feet and Pippo's desire for every loose ball.

What a game! A hard-fought win that worths more than three points.

Maxi Lopez and El Sharaawy seem to really want to fight for that team (Maxi Lopez was almost crying after his goal and he showed how motivated), and that's why they deserve a chance to play, both of them ...
(02-11-2012, 08:08 PM)mzk57 Wrote:
(02-11-2012, 08:01 PM)GeoTav Wrote: Funny note: Allegri is criticized for his bad subs on this forum, and Maxi Lopez is labelled "useless" by a lot of the posters here, I think it's funny that a good decision by Allegri with Maxi Lopez being a part of this decision made us win, what the Allegri haters will say ?
Yeah you are rite. All of a sudden we are the champs & just like that the season is over. I don't like that attitude either, but then again its the fan thing I guess ...

BTW, its such a putty that my half time post was not posted here Sad because I typed about a stunning AC Milan comeback and Maxi-EL92 being the key to it ..... Damn you pathetic PTCL internet connection Angry

Far from that, the overall performance was ... pathetic, but what can we expect from these players ?

But at least, the Allegri topic won't be too much flooded this week (well, at least until the game against Arsenal, because I'm no more that confident: even with some players coming back, they will be out of form).
(02-11-2012, 08:05 PM)GeoTav Wrote: He played very well today ... But look, Ambro can play in this DM position, like MVB, but he can't play as one of our CM alongside MVB ...

Allegri should take note of that: with both MVB and Ambro being fit, he has two experienced (and as a consequence, old) DM, so he can rotate them and he should do it !!

Curious to see again this attacking trio playing together, even if Robinho seems in a very bad form unfortunately ...

Totally agree, Ambro seems to play best as CDM at this stage of his career so hope the rest of the midfielders are back soon so that he does not have to look poor playing elsewhere

And yes, desire should be ranked very high when deciding who plays...
so 1st match without Ibra ---> win