AC Milan Vs. Juventus (25/2/12) 20:45
(02-22-2012, 06:56 PM)mzk57 Wrote: In 2005, Juve came to San Siro & won the game 1-0, despite AC Milan having more classy players compared to hard workers of Juventus. The difference on that particular occasion was Buffon. They had the best gk of his generation & AC Milan virtually played with no keeper (d!da=no keeper). Lets hope Buffon won't do the same kind of thing to AC Milan again. Well at least we have a keeper in Abbiatti or Amelia now.

Dida in 2005 is at least on par or even more than all of our current keepers.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
I will be very confident if Ibra and Boa play.
I will be confident but worrying if one of Ibra or Boa play.
I will be really worrying if neither of Ibra or Boa can play.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
"Defending is part of football... Keep possession 95% if u want... but the score is 2-2... thats it!! Well done milan.. Make serie a proud once again.. Big Grin"
When will we know if Ibra is available ? Shouldn't have it been yesterday ?
EDIT: It's right now ... http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/milan/?ac...l0LTc0MTI3
(02-23-2012, 04:22 PM)GeoTav Wrote: When will we know if Ibra is available ? Shouldn't have it been yesterday ?
EDIT: It's right now ... http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/milan/?ac...l0LTc0MTI3

Seen on TMW (source: Sky Sport 24 - unofficial): Ibra keeps his 3 day ban, so he won't play against Juventus ...
EDIT: It's official ...
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
We shouldn't forget what Inter's firecracker did to Dida, before that bombardment, he was one of the best, after that, his form was ridiculous, and Milan fell in all fronts.

Ironically the firecracker throwers set up the league winner of that year to Serie B, who knows what could happen if that firecracker had missed Dida.
Pato has been taking part in full training these last two days while Maxi along with Boateng have been working in gym. They only have one more day to train tomorrow but it looks like that at best they'll only be fit enough to start from the bench. And with Ibra's ban there's less and less reason not to play Pato from the start now IMO.
per l'amaro e il dolce
With. Ibra out, I would go w/ Robinho, ELS, and Urby, with Pato coming off the bench.
I LOVE MILAN
(02-23-2012, 05:27 PM)mihan Wrote: We shouldn't forget what Inter's firecracker did to Dida, before that bombardment, he was one of the best, after that, his form was ridiculous, and Milan fell in all fronts.

Ironically the firecracker throwers set up the league winner of that year to Serie B, who knows what could happen if that firecracker had missed Dida.
It will remain one of the greatest ever mysteries that how d!da remained AC Milan's #1 for such a long period, despite Abbiatti being in the team and also AC Milan having enough money to get some decent gk. Thank God he left. If that firecracker had missed him, AC Milan might have lost the tie, because he was desperately willing to concede 3 goals in the UCL, which he achieved twice in the later stages.

Anyway, some bad memories of goalkeeping horror show. One thing for sure, I am feeling more confident this time with Abbiatti around. Hopefully Pato will get some playing time and prove his worth.

Argentina will win the World CupĀ 2022
Formerly mzk57
I hope Pato can prove me wrong but I honestly dont think so. If he starts he will most probably dribble the ball straight into the defense of players feet.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Pato please make me eat my words....

I think Hitman and I are the only ones that are ready to drive this guy to the airpiort
Now that Ibrahimovic is out, a healthy and determined Pato is a must. This is one of the few chances handed to him, and he'd better make the best out of it.

(02-23-2012, 08:24 PM)mzk57 Wrote:
(02-23-2012, 05:27 PM)mihan Wrote: We shouldn't forget what Inter's firecracker did to Dida, before that bombardment, he was one of the best, after that, his form was ridiculous, and Milan fell in all fronts.

It will remain one of the greatest ever mysteries that how d!da remained AC Milan's #1 for such a long period, despite Abbiatti being in the team and also AC Milan having enough money to get some decent gk. Thank God he left. If that firecracker had missed him, AC Milan might have lost the tie, because he was desperately willing to concede 3 goals in the UCL, which he achieved twice in the later stages.

Anyway, some bad memories of goalkeeping horror show. One thing for sure, I am feeling more confident this time with Abbiatti around. Hopefully Pato will get some playing time and prove his worth.

What on earth are you talking about? Abbiati was amazing in his first few seasons with us, but in Dida's best years, Abbiati was nowhere near Dida. Despite all the "horror show", Dida was undoubtably a phenomenal goalkeeper. As Mihan pointed out, 2004-2005 was Dida's best year. It was simply amazing that he could keep off all kinds of shots, no matter how impossible it was, he just did it.

The firework ruined him, psychologically. I can't explain but he became much worse since then, but guess what? In my opinion, he was still better than Abbiati at that time, and better than Kalac. Had we used Dida to keep the goal against Arsenal (2007-08), we would not have lost. Just my opinion though, and I understand if some of you don't agree.
aka xudong
Ibras appeal was denied, bad news imo. but then again if pato can be on form hopefully we can get something out of him